MSI Wind....

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Yeah, that looked like the only downfall, the 9" screen. Same res as the Advent though.

Oh and I couldn't get the YAWJULY08 code to work @ PC World.

Guest Dr Who
Yeah, that looked like the only downfall, the 9" screen. Same res as the Advent though.

Oh and I couldn't get the YAWJULY08 code to work @ PC World.

Why is it never simple? I would quite happily take the Aspire One or the Advent but I need 4 hours battery life for it to be useful. Anyone know whether the One is going to have an after sale battery or when and how much the Advent/MSI high capacity battery will be on release?

Otherwise it will have to be the EEE 901.

Guest Dr Who

Or failing that how heavy is the charger for the One and for the Advent/MSI. If they were ultra light weight like the Apple ones the lack of battery life wouldn't be a problem, but I am fed up with even my 'ultralight' 12" laptops coming with a charger that adds a kg to the weight I have to carry.

Guest ~Rob

Slightly off topic, but I'm looking at an ITX mobo using the same CPU. How are you guys finding the speed of the processor? Particularly playing back video and using flash?

TIA,

Rob

Guest ~Rob

Thanks, that's all I needed to know. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be limited to 1Gb, but XP doesn't seem to gain much after a gig anyway

Guest Dr Who
Charger including cable from charger to laptop (but not including 3 prong cable to socket) = 178g.

:D

P

Many thanks. Hmmmm, so about 1.3kg all in. Thats actually pretty good, certainly comparable with a Sony TZ, but £1000 cheaper! I think that might make this one a purchase..........

Guest J273

Blacks now in stock at ebuyer.....Ive orderd....So ill be putting my whiten up for sale :D

Edited by J273

Guest J273

£343:(

Edit:Sorry thought you meant how much the black was.

Not sure on how much i want for the white....Ill stick it on ebay i think.

Edited by J273

Guest Paul (MVP)

I would prefer a white one, but bearing in mind it's IDENTICAL hardware to the Advent, I just couldn't justify the price premium to buy yours :D

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

The obvious question J273... IMHO the Black / Grey advent looks nicer than the Black Wind anyway, so why not save a bunch of cash and get the advent?

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Not available in the UK is it?

That is actually different hardware (different wifi + no bluetooth), whereas the advent is identical to the MSI.

P