3G / T mobile networks question

Guest Sergeant Pluck

Guest Sergeant Pluck

Hi all

Sorry for this very basic question. I have been playing around using the Advanced Config tools and PHM regedit to get my UK Touch Diamond all working as I want it. All is more or less getting there.

However, one of the items I changed using Adv Config Data Connections has made a change, I think it must have been HSDPA enable /disable. Previously my network icons showed either an H or a G. Now it shows a 3G. Which is fastest or best and why did my phone not have this enabled in the first place?? This is on T-mobile.

Am I best restoring the original setting as I was under the impression HSDPA was fastest.

Or have I just totally misunderstood? :D

Guest Sergeant Pluck

I'm confused as to why the phone is now usually displaying "3G" rather than "H" as before for HSDPA. HSDPA was always enabled, now that I think about it - so what has changed to prevent "H" from displaying?

Guest Confucious

Is HSDPA Enabled? If so H should be display H when you have an HSDPA signal. Yhis does depend on the ROM - you haven't flashed a new one? Some only display the H (or U or 3G+) when data is actually being transferred, others, all the time when you are in an HSDPA area.