Wi-Not Mobile

Guest deadphill

Guest deadphill
winot.png
On my rounds of scouring the net for Windows Mobile related goodnessm I have come across this neat little application called 'Wi-Not mobile'.

I'm guessing from the name that it might be intended primarily for use over a Wifi network, however it seems ok on my Vario 3 on HSDPA.

Wi-Not Mobile is a full-featured mobile based platform based on a set of innovative technologies and a distinct design approach.

Wi-Not Mobile enriches the mobile device by adding several features like:

... Hundreds of popular TV channels from all over the world
... Hundreds of Radio stations from more than 30 countries
... Simple instant messaging with live translation
... Dedicated meta-search engine for unlimited mobile games... Mini embedded web browser
... Mobile server for file sharing and social networking
... Crawler for sound searching
... Uniq mobile shopping experience
... And fun never stops with Wi+ area

It's not quoted above but on the website is that there are over 300 TV channels and 150 radio stations to choose from!

So far I have used the TV (which wasn't bad actually), but having only just found it I wanted to share it with you guys. I think in order for some of the features to work you have to have some pals already on it... so if there are any German, French or other non-English language speakers, you can test this to translate over IM, which does sound quite cool, if not actually any use to some people!

So go ahead and download the application from their website and tell us what you think.

Also if you feel brave enough add you username to the thread and see if we can use any of the social networking features. Ill let you guess mine if you want to add me! :D

Have fun!

Cheers

Phill

Guest psionandy

Looks interesting... and its the sort of multimedia portal that nobody has quite got round to doing yet,

Some of the content needs filling out... but it seems to give an easy way of watching tv/radio windows mobile devices...

I'm off to play... so feel free to say hello to me too.

Guest Thumper Net

tryed this out on the diamond but it gives me a small postage stamp size screen on the top left of the screen , on the htc cruise it works well , shame this vga is causing problems

Guest bugeyes
Looks interesting... and its the sort of multimedia portal that nobody has quite got round to doing yet,

Some of the content needs filling out... but it seems to give an easy way of watching tv/radio windows mobile devices...

I'm off to play... so feel free to say hello to me too.

this is quite cool,

radio works but is quite limited for the UK you can listen to sunrise radio an asian station on AM.........or the christian radio station premier.............yup thats it.

ok its a beta and shows some really great potential and the fact that it works on my O2 Orbit one is pretty impressive! tho havent managed to get any video over wifi yet...........

Guest deadphill
this is quite cool,

radio works but is quite limited for the UK you can listen to sunrise radio an asian station on AM.........or the christian radio station premier.............yup thats it.

ok its a beta and shows some really great potential and the fact that it works on my O2 Orbit one is pretty impressive! tho havent managed to get any video over wifi yet...........

Give it a chance. It took almost 2 mins before the video started on mine.

I think its clear to see its got a way to go but dashwire was like this once, and now its starting to become something that looks quite good. With some nurture I hope this goes the same way.

I have to admit I thought this story would get some more coverage. 4 posts so far!! :D

Cheers

Phill

Guest Chacu
Give it a chance. It took almost 2 mins before the video started on mine.

I think its clear to see its got a way to go but dashwire was like this once, and now its starting to become something that looks quite good. With some nurture I hope this goes the same way.

I have to admit I thought this story would get some more coverage. 4 posts so far!! :D

Cheers

Phill

I'll give it a try on my vario III this weekend.

CU,

Chacu

Guest agent.m

got it on my vario II

so far only bbc news and sky news are worth watching. haven't got eurosports to work yet.

still a handy app to have :D

Guest mikeeey

just tried it.

it seems that it just uses apps that we most likely already have installed.. IE, Streaming Media/Media player.

However it is nice to have it all in one application for us.

a lot of the provided radio and TV stations wouldn't connect tho.

Guest Chacu

Works just fine on my WLAN. Can't try it on 3g/H. The signals too bad here at the house. Will try that tomorrow at work.

Anybody got eurosports to work yet?

CU

Chacu

Guest tims31
Works just fine on my WLAN. Can't try it on 3g/H. The signals too bad here at the house. Will try that tomorrow at work.

Anybody got eurosports to work yet?

CU

Chacu

I only seem to get the audio and no pictures? Any idea if media player needs a plugin for it to work?

Guest Chacu

??? Don't know. Maybe it's because the program is still a beta and will be fixed when finalized.

BTW it works for me on 3G also. I just can't pick up as many stations as when on WLAN.

Chacu

Edited by Chacu

Guest ptoulis

Hello Modaco!

This is really an excellent forum. Congratulations!

My name is Panos Toulis, engineer in Wi-Not and I am to blame for all problems you had with Wi-Not Mobile!

I was hiding in my basement for a week and finally stepped up to take responsibility! :D

I would also like to really thank you on behalf of the entire Wi-Not team for your interest in our software.

To address some of the issues, I would like to say something here that we were too stupid not to mention on our site.

TV and radio channels are configured to be automatically updated whenever a new channel list is available.

So, I hope all complaints about poor variety of channels (with which I strongly agree) to be solved within this week, without requiring

more effort from our users.

I am also here because some friends have mentioned your AppToDate application in our forum and I would like to say that we would like to support is as soon as possible. It would be great to have an active collaboration on that!

Once again thank you very much all for taking the time to test our app.

For any questions (or insults) I am at your disposal!

Edited by ptoulis

Guest Chacu

Hello Ptoulis,

are you planning any updates in the near future? Will landscape mode eventually be included? I like working on my Kaiser with it opened on my desk.

Chacu

Guest ptoulis
Hello Ptoulis,

are you planning any updates in the near future? Will landscape mode eventually be included? I like working on my Kaiser with it opened on my desk.

Chacu

Hi Chacu,

For now there are no updates scheduled for this version but rather there is heavy activity porting it to other platforms and configurations. We will release some new mini-apps in Wi+ though (like the dictionary we have)

We are actually finalizing a desktop version (stabilizing precisely because it is now a working version)

By end of the weekend 'heavy' Wi-Not users will receive an invitation for a private beta version to take care together together any mishaps. After desktop release, we will have more details about scheduling VGA and smartphone versions. We are strongly determined to do this though.

I like working on my Kaiser with it opened on my desk.

I have lived this exact same scene countless hours developing this little app and I am excited that others can feel the same way! :D

I hope you keep enjoying!

Best!

Edited by ptoulis

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.