TLR Diamond ROM 3 - based on 1.93.456.2 with uninstallable / updatable TF3D (Manila)

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest TheLoanRanger

NOTE: ENSURE YOU READ THE WHOLE OF THIS POST, PARTICULARLY THE 'YOU MUST READ THIS' SECTION!

Update: Looking for an alternative TouchFLO 3D / Manila style? View this post!

Introducing...

TLR Diamond ROM 3.08.07.16, based on the the 1.93.456.2 ME release (thanks Tom!) with the .05 radio.

What's In

• .net Compact Framework 3.5
  • 'Additions' - performance and configuration tweaks
  • AppToDate for OTA updates of ROM and 'additions'
  • Donate client for donations
  • Adobe Flash Lite
  • UNINSTALLABLE and updatable TouchFLO 3D (Manila)
  • UNINSTALLABLE and updatable Opera 9
  • Batti battery meter repack (uninstallable)
    • The very latest of each component at time of creation is included
    • Incorporated MoDaCo UK localisation (OTA updatable via AppToDate)
    • Compressed / Optimised Office Mobile
    • Compressed / Optimised Adobe Reader
    • Compressed / Optimised Esmertec JVM
    • Repacked / Optimised TouchFLO 3D (Manila) installation
    • Repacked Opera installation
      • Cyberon Voice Speed Dial - download
      • Cyberon Voice Commander - download
      • Google Maps - download
      • OneNote Mobile - download
      • Remote Desktop Mobile download
      • RSSHub - download

• TouchFlo 3D UK T-Mobile style - download

• .net Compact Framework 2.0 (the included 3.5 is backwards compatible, and has a significant performance boost)
        • AutoUpdate by Microsoft (unused!)
        • Welcome Center
        • Some sample music files from 6.1 base

The aim of this ROM is to create one that looks and feels as stock as possible, while still getting the latest and greatest in there. IT IS 'STOCK' IN LOOK AND FEEL.

How to install

[*]Install HardSPL on your device from here

[*]Ensure the device is hooked up and ActiveSync is showing 'green'

[*]Run this update to flash your device

That's it, you're done!

Known issues

[*]None

YOU MUST READ THIS

TouchFLO 3D has been repacked for this release to allow uninstall and future upgrade without a whole new ROM core. There are two implications of this.

1. When you do the first boot and it installs stuff, the TouchFlo install will appear to freeze, and will take a number of minutes to complete. Don't worry, it IS working, there are just circa 950 files to install! Be patient, and all will be well. Go get a beer. Talk to the wife. The watched pot never boils. etc. :D

2. If you want to uninstall TouchFLO 3D (from the regular remove programs) menu, you MUST disable it from Start -> Settings -> Today, and then you MUST be aware that uninstall will take a LONG time. Actually, not a LONG time but a REALLY REALLY REALLY LONG time. You will probably think it has crashed or isn't going to work, but have faith - it will. :D

Credits

Paul for AppToDate, everyone who installed the last ROMs, XDA-Devs for HardSPL & CustomRUU (Olipro, cmonex!). You all rock! :angry:

And Finally

If you find any issues, post them here and i'll do my best to fix!

Live install / update counter (unique users):

counter.png.php?appname=TLR%20Diamond%20ROM%203

Edited by TheLoanRanger

Guest deadphill

Yet again my windows needs a driver.

This time it needs qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM driver when I try to hardspl.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Phill

Guest deadphill

Think I have solved it. Did a repair install of activesync. Seems to have installed.

Have to reboot phone now, and try again.

Cheers

Phill

PS do you have a dump of the stock t-mobile rom Paul?

Guest mattie01

ok well the first part appers to be done i went thou loading hard spl on the phone. so i'll just give it a bit till i can grab a t-mob rom so i have something to revert back to. :D

Guest redblackred

I did the HardSPL, all correct, then when i was installing the ROM its keeps going to ERROR on 0% about 4 mins in. I don't know why, I'm doing as it says, anyone know whats up?

I've never installed a ROM on it before, so it was simply doing the hard spl on the stock ROM then installing the TLR 3 ROM.

Guest rupert_hollom

I too am interested in putting TLR v3 onto my Diamond, but before I start is the original Orange ROM available anywhere in case I need to restore back to that. I have details of the original SPL so can re-flash that, but can't find the ROM. I have read stuff about backing up the ROM myself, but just wanted to see if it was available first before trying to back it up myself.

Guest James

TLR3 is running fine on my Diamond! the whole phone seams to be more responsive now :D

I would like to see the 'slide' animation put back into manilla though

Guest rupert_hollom
TLR3 is running fine on my Diamond! the whole phone seams to be more responsive now :D

I would like to see the 'slide' animation put back into manilla though

Is that when you go between 'tabs' by swiping left and right? I would like those in as well as I think they look good...

Guest redblackred
No sorry :D

What Hard-SPL did you install?

Are you on Vista?

I used the HardsPL listed in this thread, I also have Vista.

I just tried installing Dutty's Hybrid rom instead, thats gone to error too, 'cept this time I've got tri colour in recovery mode and its still freezing - hopes its not f******

Seems to be working now, I flashed it to verson 1.0 or something with JumpSPL. Now its working. Link

Edited by redblackred

Guest Shizuma

Hi,

Installed HardSPL (the one in the link) that went on fine.

Tried installing the new Rom, failed.

Tried it on both my Vista 64bit and 32bit , on the 32bit I had a brief error message saying that one of the windows services had crashed due to an un-expected error.

I was logged onto the Admin account on both computers.

Not sure if that will be any help to you.. will have to wait until I get to work tomorrow and use active sync on an XP machine to do it <_<

-Shizuma

Guest Neil5459
I too am interested in putting TLR v3 onto my Diamond, but before I start is the original Orange ROM available anywhere in case I need to restore back to that. I have details of the original SPL so can re-flash that, but can't find the ROM. I have read stuff about backing up the ROM myself, but just wanted to see if it was available first before trying to back it up myself.

Current Orange Diamonds are using a stock HTC ROM, so flashing back isn't a problem- just go back to an original HTC ROM.

The only other thing you might need to do is to change the Splash1 and Splash2 screens back to the HTC Originals; not sure if anyone has specifically made these availiabe yet; I think the updated official HTC ROM has been posted somewhere- this would have the HTC Splash screens.

0% Flash Error: This is due to using the wrong version of HardSPL; Olinex have made 2 versions of HSPL. One is 'signed' (V.130) and one 'unsigned' (V1.40); the signed version can only load signed versions of a new ROM, whereas the unsigned vesion can load any ROM.

The 1st post here does point to the unsigned version, so it should have worked; the TLR3 ROM is now also availiable as an Olinex Signed version for use with SPL 1.3

Normal flashing rules apply- no screensave/power save on PC, and no connecting through a USB hub :D

Guest Shizuma

Hi,

Yep was indeed me being a newbie :D (I think, i've just done it from work with Xp but i assume it was me as this is my first ever winmo phone)

Downloaded the signed version and its now installed and booted.

This is indeed a very awesome phone, happy to get rid of the nasty pinkness though.

One thing, has anyone else got a very thin green strip on the top of the screen? Any ideas on how to get rid of it, or is that just something thats normal?

-Shizuma

Edited by Shizuma

Guest TheLoanRanger

That's Batti, the battery monitor, it'll slide down to yellow then red as you use the phone.

You can uninstall it in the usual way if you wish though.

Guest redblackred

I sorted it all in the end. I needed to use use a different SPL. Works a treat. I'm loving Batti Meter. Only bug(?) I can see is sometimes when I want to end a call, the phone sort of throws a hissie fit - freezes for a second or 2 then its fine.

Guest mattie01
I sorted it all in the end. I needed to use use a different SPL. Works a treat. I'm loving Batti Meter. Only bug(?) I can see is sometimes when I want to end a call, the phone sort of throws a hissie fit - freezes for a second or 2 then its fine.

in the intrerest of keeping this thread helpfull is there any chance you can mention what spl you loaded? was it on of the other hard spl avalible? and do you have a link?

Guest redblackred
in the intrerest of keeping this thread helpfull is there any chance you can mention what spl you loaded? was it on of the other hard spl avalible? and do you have a link?

Heres the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=408621

I used 1.23 - However with the ROM update util it said version 1.0000etc or similar. I thought i'd bricked the phone so tried 1.23 and worked perfectly.

I don't think the problem would be a result of Vista - I tried it with XP too and theres were problems, so it was the phone. So if anyone is having problems with installing TLR 3, I'd suggest trying to use spl 1.23/24.