Diamond Pouch answers Phone

Guest highlorddave

Guest highlorddave

Whenever i get a phone call by the time i have removed my phone from the HTC pouch i have inadvertantly either answered or rejected the call.

Does this happen to you!

i'm thinking if i could dissable the on screen answer/ignore buttons and just use the hardware ones my problems would be sorted. How can this be achieved?

Or maybe there is a pouch that does not make direct contact with the screen? though i guess then i would lose the fingerprint cleaaning benefits?

sugestions appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem - have you found a solution? I used the note program to see where the pouch touches the screen and it does vary - although one side is worse tha n the other.

Guest newtonmj

Here's a solution... sort of... :D

You can disable the 'new' phone dialer and revert back to the standard WM dialer. This gives you smaller on-screen buttons (thus minimising accidental activation), saves a big chunk of RAM and makes stops the phoning sitting around for two rings before it decides to actually make a noise (man, who designs these things?!)..

To do this you can use Schap's Advanced Config tool (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=317070) in conjunction with Boinger's config file for it (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=406681) (the latter is a Diamond-specific settings plugin but it may not be required for this particuarly modification). There is also likely a simple registry hack to achieve this but as I've got these installed for other reasons it's how I did it.

The downsides of this are that you don't get as flashy a dialer interface, the optional text-caller-to-say-I'm-busy button is missing and I believe the face-down-and-shutup mode is also gone.

All said and done though, you don't get the oops-Ive-missed-yet-another-call-from-my-boss-and-all-I-did-was-slide-the-phone-out feature which is a winner in my book...

I love this phone... or rather I want to but many many aspects of it are driving me nuts - I guess that's the price we pay for a wildly-competitive market place - user testing and quality control phases are shrunk considerably.

Mathew

Guest Kushmir

I have found exactly the same thing. I thought it was the talk/send and end buttons next to the navigation control, rather than the on-screen buttons that were causing the problem, so have started putting the phone in with the navigation control nearest to the pouch exit, so it is the first thing that comes out of the pouch. I'm going to look for a replacement pouch to avoid this problem.

Mathew, you say 'I love this phone... or rather I want to but many many aspects of it are driving me nuts'. That's very much how I feel about it!

Guest newtonmj
Mathew, you say 'I love this phone... or rather I want to but many many aspects of it are driving me nuts'. That's very much how I feel about it!

I keep telling myself that there are many, many other people all suffering the same 'niggles' and so it stands to reason that these will be ironed out in due course - either through updated ROMs or 3rd party plugins/fixes. Remember, for better or worse, the phone is out on the streets now and it's early days yet - treat these first few months as Beta test stages and ride it out!

Mathew