Upgrading to WM 6.1, then restoring from sprite

Guest notaliberal

Guest notaliberal

Currently running WM6 on my T-mobile shadow. There's an update available from T-Mobile to go to WM 6.1 (as I'm sure you all know).

If I perform a full system backup with sprite backup, and then download and install the 6.1 upgrade, will I be able to use the sprite restore point to set my phone back (programs, reg hacks, etc) without giving myself any MAJOR headaches?

Has ANY of you tried this with success?

I'm really just interested in the supposed *slight* increase in battery life with 6.1

Please advise,

TIA,

Jeff

Guest bluffy

I used sprite to transfer my PIM data when upgraded from wm6 to wm6.1 and there was no problem. As per full backup -> restore, I don't advise you to do it: although similar, wm6.1 is still different OS therefore different registry et c. You'll surely get bugs even if you manage to do it.

Edited by bluffy

Guest notaliberal

THanks for the replies. I thought the t-mobile update was to 6.1. If not, I'm not going to bother.

As for updating to 6.1 and only being able to restore PIM data, I just dont' want the headache of reinstalling all of my programs and tweaks, etc. So, I guess for now, I'll bag the idea...

Oh well,

THanks,

Jeff