Roaming data in France

Guest PaulOBrien

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MadMatt2002
And what happened to T-Mo's capped pricing for data roaming? Eh? Eh?

:D

P

Hi Paul,

Did you find any cheap Data whilst in France?

Off there this weekend, so thought I'd ask!

Thanks

Matthew

Guest tsutton
Off there this weekend, so thought I'd ask!

No way, I'm driving to France this weekend too!

And like you, I have been looking around for good data rates for France. Best I've found so far is Vodafone - £5 for 15MB, but Vodafone customer service is not playing ball... either they don't know it exists or is playing along with me.

4 days of email exchange and I'm nowhere near to have it added!

Vodafone shop was useless too. :/

Guest MadMatt2002
No way, I'm driving to France this weekend too!

And like you, I have been looking around for good data rates for France. Best I've found so far is Vodafone - £5 for 15MB, but Vodafone customer service is not playing ball... either they don't know it exists or is playing along with me.

4 days of email exchange and I'm nowhere near to have it added!

Vodafone shop was useless too. :/

Thats worth a try.

This week I'll be in Dublin, Guernsey, Calais - then back to the UK for one day then 2 weeks in France.

When I get back I'm at home for 2 days then off to some meetings in Germany!

Oh fun.......

Cheers for the update Tony!

Guest tsutton

All sorted.

Gave up waiting for Vodafone to reply my e-mail and even if they do reply, I know they will get all wrong!

I called Vodafone, explained and they understood what I was on all about. They asked for my PAYT phone number, confirmed my details and they added a new service called "Online Services" (found under "My Profile" on the Vodafone website when they added it)

They said this will allow me to use Internet access abroad as long as you have enough credit in your account as they will take £5 out of it as soon as you start using Internet access on the Vodafone PAYT SIM card.

Lets hope it will all work out OK when I'm in France! :D

Big thanks to Paul for helping out too in the past.

Guest MadMatt2002
All sorted.

Gave up waiting for Vodafone to reply my e-mail and even if they do reply, I know they will get all wrong!

I called Vodafone, explained and they understood what I was on all about. They asked for my PAYT phone number, confirmed my details and they added a new service called "Online Services" (found under "My Profile" on the Vodafone website when they added it)

They said this will allow me to use Internet access abroad as long as you have enough credit in your account as they will take £5 out of it as soon as you start using Internet access on the Vodafone PAYT SIM card.

Lets hope it will all work out OK when I'm in France! :D

Big thanks to Paul for helping out too in the past.

Cheers Tony,

Which phone will be putting the sim in?

Was it easy to get it unlocked?

Thanks

Matthew