Recommend a phone please

Guest andybarker

Guest andybarker

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on which phone I should get.

2 years ago I got a T-mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard), and loved it except for the size. Got it as I thought it might be a PDA / micro Laptop for me. However I found the small keyboard too small for a lot of use (was great for SMS, the odd email, and the odd piece of server remote repair).

Then around 6 months ago I got an unused HTC Universal, which I found to be a much easier device to be used like a laptop, but impossible to use as a phone (too huge for day to day use).

So I got a SE w810i as a phone, and used the Universal when I needed it.

I now have a small laptop (12" screen) which does me well when traveling, and the w810i which is fine for calls and SMS - so the Universal went back in the box. However I do miss having my daily appointments, meetings, etc easily visible on a mobile device.

Whilst the HTC Diamond looks lovely, what I'm looking for is going to mainly be calls, SMS, task list, and the odd email

So in short, ideally I am looking for a device that fits the following:

1. is Windows Mobile
  2. no "proper" keyboard (like Wizard or Universal), so thinner
  3. Will show me my current tasks / calendar entries
  4. Reasonable size (Vario was OK except thickness)
  5. Am happy with the idea of touch screen, or physical keypad (so WM Pro or WM Std)
  6. 3G - will use as a modem on occasion with the laptop
Many thanks,

Andy

• 1 year later...
Guest COOLCABMAN
<br />Hi all,<br /><br />I am looking for some advice on which phone I should get.<br /><br />2 years ago I got a T-mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard), and loved it except for the size. Got it as I thought it might be a PDA / micro Laptop for me. However I found the small keyboard too small for a lot of use (was great for SMS, the odd email, and the odd piece of server remote repair).<br /><br />Then around 6 months ago I got an unused HTC Universal, which I found to be a much easier device to be used like a laptop, but impossible to use as a phone (too huge for day to day use).<br /><br />So I got a SE w810i as a phone, and used the Universal when I needed it.<br /><br />I now have a small laptop (12" screen) which does me well when traveling, and the w810i which is fine for calls and SMS - so the Universal went back in the box. However I do miss having my daily appointments, meetings, etc easily visible on a mobile device.<br /><br />Whilst the HTC Diamond looks lovely, what I'm looking for is going to mainly be calls, SMS, task list, and the odd email<br /><br />So in short, ideally I am looking for a device that fits the following:<ol type='1'><li>is Windows Mobile</li><li>no "proper" keyboard (like Wizard or Universal), so thinner</li><li>Will show me my current tasks / calendar entries</li><li>Reasonable size (Vario was OK except thickness)</li><li>Am happy with the idea of touch screen, or physical keypad (so WM Pro or WM Std)</li><li>3G - will use as a modem on occasion with the laptop</li></ol>Many thanks,<br /><br />Andy<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hello Gentleman, how do u do, I would like to Suggest to you Samsung Omnia 2, Or Omnia i900, These phones are Winmo, with touch screen, and great phones in all aspects, specially battery life, I have been using Omnia i900 for passed one year, its really great phone which has all the feature u look for and toooo many more, it is customizable to core, if you are mobiholic, or HTC HD2, decent device but I recommend Omnia 2 which has great screen with amoled, which no body else does. All the best for your selection.

Regards