ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Svarog88

Hi

i have vodaphone and i update it to PDA DXHH1/DXHH1 and phone DXHJ1 and it go perfect. now i download DXHJ1 from oficial site i set my tel. to singapure all is ok update make succesfull and write my can take out cable i take out cable and freeze on samsung omnia logo and nothing to do i wait to restart 10 minits and nothing i reset and nothing to do and now when i start phone have only samsung omnia logo i can it format with switch butons and restart but when format still freeze on smasung omnia logo... what i must do.. now i update this log i succes update DXHJ1 from your web and still only samsung omnia logo B) B)

wery thanx sory for my english is easy...

Edited by Svarog88

Guest James_Bond

I have Verizon's i910. I don't know anything about ROMS, this is my first WM phone. Which ROMs would I be able to use with my phone? Also, if anyone knows of another keyboard besides the Samsung Keyboard that would be bigger, prehaps like the AT&T eternity because the keyboard is way too small for me. Thanks!

Guest stylus1828

Hi! I've got a Samsung Omnia i900, Vodafone Branded and i want to update the firmware! Can someone tell me please what version should i use to update?? Cause i've shearched this topic and didn't find anything concludent for my i900BUHG5 (is this the correct firmware ?? ) cause i dont know, it's my first WM mobile device!

My Device is : PDA : i900BUHH2/SGHH3

Phone : i900BUHG5

P.S. i dont care if the firmware version is vodafone branded. Thank you!

Guest stylus1828
Hi! I've got a Samsung Omnia i900, Vodafone Branded and i want to update the firmware! Can someone tell me please what version should i use to update?? Cause i've shearched this topic and didn't find anything concludent for my i900BUHG5 (is this the correct firmware ?? ) cause i dont know, it's my first WM mobile device!

My Device is : PDA : i900BUHH2/SGHH3

Phone : i900BUHG5

P.S. i dont care if the firmware version is vodafone branded. Thank you!

Succesfully updated to i900DXHK1 ! B)

Guest ttomi78

Hi guys....

I upgraded my Omnia's ROM according to the official website to MSHJ1 (based on my oroginal version and the origin of the phone which is UK the MS version was offered by the official samsiung site)...just want to ask what is the difference between MSHJ1 and DXHJ1 (have heard god responses about this one) or any other version. Is there any risk to upgrade to the DX version instead of the MS version?

Thanks

Guest mikescorei

Does anyone know, DXHK1 is an official update or custom rom? cause if you look on the samsung site, it does not show, only DXHJ1. And myself i have 2 dif versions . If anyone has the untoched ver, please post it. Lots of thanks!

Edited by mikescorei

Guest jenkins1992

Hi could someone please offer me some help !!!

I recently installed the Manilla TouchFLO2d ROM on my omnia but didnt go as planned !!

i would like to know which ROM i have to "install" now to revert back to the original omnia firmware !!

I have a Vodafone Branded Omnia in the UK and i got it October 2008 ... if thats any help

Many Thanks ..

Guest ccarcel
Hi guys....

I upgraded my Omnia's ROM according to the official website to MSHJ1 (based on my oroginal version and the origin of the phone which is UK the MS version was offered by the official samsiung site)...just want to ask what is the difference between MSHJ1 and DXHJ1 (have heard god responses about this one) or any other version. Is there any risk to upgrade to the DX version instead of the MS version?

Thanks

I want to know the same, I want to update my Singpore DX version to standard UK MS version but am not having any luck in doing so. I only want to do this using the genuine files. what ever I do I get incorrrect software version

Guest picky-picasso
I have Verizon's i910. I don't know anything about ROMS, this is my first WM phone. Which ROMs would I be able to use with my phone? Also, if anyone knows of another keyboard besides the Samsung Keyboard that would be bigger, prehaps like the AT&T eternity because the keyboard is way too small for me. Thanks!

Please start by dumping the ROM and posting it on here. (we'd like to examine the radio firmware, and you'd like to have a backup of your rom before you flash some changes)

To dump the rom, you can insert a MicroSD card with the folder 2577 and in it buzz_lightyear's stealth rom dumper renamed as autorun.exe

(more instructions and the attachment are at the link if you'd like)

1. Extract the file (you can also find it here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=944019)

2. Save it to a folder on your microSD card named 2577

3. Rename it autorun.exe (if doing this on the device, just extract it as autorun. The .exe will be preserved)

4. Insert it into the i900L put the battery in again and voila -

5. Look for a red progress line as the ROM is dumped

6. Take the MicroSD card out & get us the *.bin file

Yayyy!! Give yourself a high 5, i.e. clap.

pp

Guest picky-picasso
I want to know the same, I want to update my Singpore DX version to standard UK MS version but am not having any luck in doing so. I only want to do this using the genuine files. what ever I do I get incorrrect software version

Read backward in this thread to find several solutions for "incorrect software version"

1. set device to Singapore (match device to ROM upgrade)

2. change ROM location in ROM code using a binary updater (you're changing the MS in the ROM to DX - don't do this unless you know what you're doing. I don't!)

3. There were some other instructions regarding XP versus Vista versions of the updater. Just look back a few pages to find them. (or if Search works for you (it does NOT for me), then look for "incorrect software version"

pp

Guest ccarcel
Read backward in this thread to find several solutions for "incorrect software version"

1. set device to Singapore (match device to ROM upgrade)

2. change ROM location in ROM code using a binary updater (you're changing the MS in the ROM to DX - don't do this unless you know what you're doing. I don't!)

3. There were some other instructions regarding XP versus Vista versions of the updater. Just look back a few pages to find them. (or if Search works for you (it does NOT for me), then look for "incorrect software version"

pp

Hi Thnaks for this, to update mine to the correct version I had to set it to indonesia, and the new DX update went on fine, I was more wondering what the difference in the two roms is

Guest webwithoutwires

Dear all

i have this PDA i900XXH/MSHG1

i900XXHG5

Its locked to some network . which file should i use to update?

Thanks

XXHH1 PDA (tested OK): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?icwabgoftw2

XXHH1 Radio (tested OK): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q7vikkxlxnm

XXHH3 (radio only, tested OK(details!): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3f7mpacufai

XXHI2 (radio only, tested OK): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tu2gjx2jm31

Guest erichowe

Hi Paul

I downloaded the firmware DXHH3 and after downloading, it says port connection failed and the download stalled.

I had to reboot my phone again.

Pls advise

Tks

SOS!!

My omnia had firmware DDHH3 bought in India. Since I was facing battery problems, I tried to update using the latest English ROM DXHJ1 downloaded from this post.

Everything went on smoothly until all the files were copied onto the phone. But after copying was over, the updater simply said "JOB FINISHED" without any further instructions. The phone's display disappeared and has not restarted. Just the power button was on.

Since nothing happened even after waiting for a while, I disconnected the phone and tried to restart the phone by removing the battery (the phone was not even switching off) but display remains blank.

Did I brick my phone? Can anything be done now? I tried updating again but the updater wouldn't even recognize the phone now.

Hi everybody,

I just got my Omnia a few days back. the firmware shown in the settings-->version is as follows:

PDA : i900 XGHJ4 / XMHJ2

PHONE : i900 XXHI4

My problem: the 'y' in the Samsung qwerty keyboard is replaced by 'z', making it qwertz instead of qwerty. i guess this is a french type of keyboard setting.

pl can anybody tell me about the following five things:

1. how can i change the Samsung keyboard from qwertz to qwerty.

2. In the list of the regions/service providers (at the top of the page), there's no mention for XG or XM regions. what are these regions?

3. I want to install the purely English ROM (UK one). which ROM out of the so many above is best suited for my firmware version?

(and where can i download it from - in case its not listed in the top on the page.

4. Is there a separate ROM for the phone part of the ROM (to change it from XX to someting closer to english language).

5. I also wanted to install the Manila 2D theme (or something like). Does this theme come with a ROM upgrade, or is it more like a software,

installed on top of the ROM (please treat me as a noob here, and explain the mechanics).

Thank you very much.

Guest Kh0shHalam

I'm sorry to be another one that bothers you guys :rolleyes:

I have just updated my omnia from XXHG5 / MSHG1 to the latest rom downloaded from samsung - MSHJ1. Everything would be great except for the fact that (as mentioned by someone few pages back) i have network logo stuck on today screen.

Has anyone found a way of getting rid of it other than changing it to DX rom which hasnt got it?

Your answer would be really aprreciated :)

Thank You

Kind regards Gosia :(

Guest Groendijk

Hey. Do anyone know if the XB ROM have been released? Its the nordic ROM, and would really like it. The rumours says thats its been released but i cant find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have an branded Omnia from Orange, France, and I would like to use an English or Hungarian ROM instead the (for me) strange French one.

I've downloaded MSHJ1 from the Official Samsung site, but I receive the "Incorrect software version" message as well. Moreover, I've tried to switch the coutry using the *#1546792*# code, but Singapore is not available in the list. My options are

* France

* Poland

* Spain

* Swiss

* United Kingdom

If I select default, nothing happens. When I switched from France to UK, I get the reboot as expected, but I still can't reflash the ROM. At the first (automatic) reboot I receive the unbranded startup screen, then comes another reboot with the Orange branded screen already.

Any ideas how to proceed to get away from the French version?

Hi,

I have an branded Omnia from Orange, France, and I would like to use an English or Hungarian ROM instead the (for me) strange French one.

I've downloaded MSHJ1 from the Official Samsung site, but I receive the "Incorrect software version" message as well. Moreover, I've tried to switch the coutry using the *#1546792*# code, but Singapore is not available in the list. My options are

* France

* Poland

* Spain

* Swiss

* United Kingdom

If I select default, nothing happens. When I switched from France to UK, I get the reboot as expected, but I still can't reflash the ROM. At the first (automatic) reboot I receive the unbranded startup screen, then comes another reboot with the Orange branded screen already.

Guest faybunny
Hi,

* France

* Poland

* Spain

* Swiss

* United Kingdom

Hi Nagyv (Peter??),

I've just successfully updated my Italian Omnia with an English ROM- Many many thanks to Paul & blowing big kisses :rolleyes: !!

I had tried the official ones too but they didn't work. What worked for me in the end was:

Do the *#1546792*# change to with default network

Then download and run the below updater (other versions did not work for me)

DTHJ5 (full update, tested OK, latest English): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zhnm1jzgmnf

The updater did all the work by itself, and after the reboot, Voila! all was in English- beautiful!!

Oh the pain I had with this phone and its Italian everything!

I hope it works for you too. I nearly gave up after hours of reading through the threads and downloading, but it was all worth it in the end :( Good luck!! :)

Total NooB here, my Rom version is JCHH1 for both the Phone part and PDA, i downloaded the DZHJ1 (Singapore) updater from Samsung and changed my phone to Singapore from South Africa and got incorrect software version. Tried to hex-edit the updater but can't find the i900DZ text in the .exe Somebody please help...