ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lenom

Hello, Im kind a new in this. I gotta Omnia i900v :excl:

My Device version is:

PDA: i900BUHH5/MIHI1

PHONE: i900NSPR0

Any upgrade for this, is my rom old? :excl:

should I install step by step to lastest version?

or I can install just lastest version of rom.

Thank you for any advice, I would be very happy. :excl:

Guest sharpieRC

hi first post and all that.

a question if thats ok.

if i change my phone to singapore, doesit still stay in english?

also i flashed my phone to DXHH1, but is this the most up to date english language rom, or if i go to the samsung site and get DXIA5 is this better? and will it also be in english as i chose singapore?

many thanks for your replies

Edited by sharpieRC

Guest xXJohnXx

is there a way to get back to official dutch rom XHKJ3

when i am on DXIA5 ?

just to know if i can.

i heard i cannot downgrade so thats why i ask.

ps is XHKJ3 a full rom pda/phone?

sorry if this is a stupid question :excl:

thx :excl:

Guest shokka9

you will be able to bro...:excl:

but it might not be as straight forward as updating to new ROMs...:excl:

if you read here and there you will be able to get it to work for you, many do.

Why would you ever want to go back bro...at least use a standard custom ROM bro...why go back to HJ3?

You know i am right bro..If you worried about taking for repairs...dont be...its your phone...

Guest daltonix

hi...I need help plz...

Mine Omnia was on O2 Germany...locked...with German language..so I put the new rom..Hong Kong English ZHHH2 and now PDA and Radio are ZHHH2 version

I want to make a upgrade to a newer one but it doesnt work...I tried couple of newer roms ..nothing...but If I try the the one which I already have it works ...with any other one it stops on 2-nd step of installation.

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

I turned off the firewall, but I cant disable the antivirus because I dont have the rights :excl: company latpop..XP SP3...new installed Active Sync...and new modem drivers..

this one is not bad..but the battery last for 2 days max...that is killing me..

one more thing...I dont know but I waited for a long..my GPS is not working...cant find the position

heeeelp

Edited by daltonix

Guest xXJohnXx

thx shokka :excl:

its just if i get a new phone in the near future

my wife maby want,s this phone.

thats why i asked :excl:

thx for the reply bro.

your rom,s are great.

i won,t go back unless i replace my phone.

for know omnia still going strong :excl:

have a good night :excl:

Guest ElArcangel
Aid! I have a omnia SGH-i900V with language in Dutch, I am in Brazil, but it would like to change the language at least for English, somebody can help me? Version of the rom: i900XKHG5/ARHG5. grateful.

Oi Roger, first post of page 22 of this thread you will find my step by step procedure to flash any omnia i900. It explains how to change country to emulate a standard country with a standard updater and then go back to your own country once it's updated.

Worked fine for me using Singapore/Phillipines and I'm from Argentina.

Cheers mate, chau!

Guest ElArcangel
Hi, Lissen I got my omnia in Poland And I wanna get an english speaking version. My omnia is not branded.

Would you mind breaking it down in small baby steps on how to flash it or ... just freakin fix it?

Thanks!

Luke

First post of page 22 of this thread has my step by step procedure. It worked for me using a standard country and updater and then changing back to my country, Argentina.

Good luck mate.

Edited by ElArcangel

Guest ElArcangel
I copy "regeditSTG exe" to my phone but after I run it I got this:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE

HKEY_USERS

and the values are empty, so I can`t find anything to edit!!!!!

So any idea about this???

regards

Play a little bit with the tool. If I recall correctly, you can double click your selection or once selected, the bottom menu changes to open the field and so on so on at each following level until you reach the value.

Let me know if you were able to figure it out.

Cheers.

Guest ElArcangel
Hello, Im kind a new in this. I gotta Omnia i900v :excl:

My Device version is:

PDA: i900BUHH5/MIHI1

PHONE: i900NSPR0

Any upgrade for this, is my rom old? :excl:

should I install step by step to lastest version?

or I can install just lastest version of rom.

Thank you for any advice, I would be very happy. :excl:

Yes is old and you can update it just by installing the last one. Follow my step by step guide. Is the first post in page 22 of this thread.

Good luck mate.

Guest ElArcangel
hi first post and all that.

a question if thats ok.

if i change my phone to singapore, doesit still stay in english?

also i flashed my phone to DXHH1, but is this the most up to date english language rom, or if i go to the samsung site and get DXIA5 is this better? and will it also be in english as i chose singapore?

many thanks for your replies

Yes, it satys in english and after new firmware you can come back to your local country without any problems.

Check my step by step guide. Is the first post on page 22 of this thread and also explains what the letters means and how to identify wich version is newer based on that letters (they mean months, year and version so you can compare :excl: )

When flashing to DXIA5 your phone will go to DXIA2 wich is newer also.

Enjoy your flashing :excl:

Guest amirsaber

Hello every body. thanks for your help and proffesional posts.

I had 2 questions, I bought an omnia, I don't know if it is i900 or i908, first of all please tell me what is the difference between these versions.

the second question is that i wanna upgrade rom of my omnia. I want english rom. if there is arabic support it could be better.

my versions are:

PDA version: i908ZHHH2

Phone version: i900BOHJ1

please tell me what is the last OFFICIAL rom version. how can i get it?? and tell me a link to make me help install it.

thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mavrik077

I have updated my rom to ZHHH2 and now it wont let me install any other rom updates

Is there a way to get back to my ACHJ2 rom

Guest SpeedfreakR

I think I tried everything :D but I still can't flash my omnia to the original xkhj3 :lol: .

When I say flash it starts downloading file 1, in vista it stops at 4% and in XP it says error downloading after a 100%

What I did is:

-Changed the firmware version in the register from the phone.

-I changed the update file with the hex editor.

and still I'm not able to flash my phone :lol: what to do?

Guest suestorm

Hi everyone,

I've been reading all the threads like crazy for weeks now and still cannot figure out what to do.

I have a Vodafone Omnia in the Netherlands and am simply trying to change the language to English, although it doesn't seem simple.

My version is

PDA: i900XKHG5/ARHG5

Telefoon: i900BUHG5

I cannot find these codes on the lists posted.

I am desperate to change the language from Dutch to English.

PLEASE can someone help??? I'll be forever grateful.

Guest johnny054
you have to do 2 modifications in order to cheat both the phone and the installer to believe is the correct version.

Change the phone to singapore as you mentioned but that's not enough.

On the phone you will need to change the registry to set the version to start as the upgrade region you will use, so if you will use DZIA5 or DXIA5, you have to change in your phone's registry from ANHJ2 to DZHJ2 or DXHJ2 depending on the updater you downloaded.

Te second part is to use a hex editor to edit the updater so it could accept your phone so the updater says inside that expects a phone of family i900DX or i900DZ and is finding a i900XG so change with the Hex editor to i900XG and it will accept your phone.

That will make the trick. Now. How do you edit the registry and hex edit the file. This is the ABC:

Copy regeditSTG exe file to your phone and from there in HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion change the AN on ANHJ2 to what ever two letters the updater has, usually DX or DZ if you downloaded from Philippines or Singapore.

Then, without connecting the phone, run the updater on your machine and will extract the files in your local drive at C:\Documents and Settings\<user profile>\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\setup.exe and will give you the incorrect version warning. Don't hit ok! Go to that path and copy the setup.exe to your desktop to edit it later and then hit Ok. It will delete the temp files.

Use HXDen to edit the file and starting from the bottom, the second time i900 appears will appear in this format i900DX or i900DZ without any other character after it. Change it to your version i900XG, save and close.

Don't forget to upgrade the samsung modem driver and restart your PC. This driver says it's for CDMA but also works on GSM (mine is and worked)

Now you are ready to upgrade. Be sure to have enough battery. And take a deep breath. Use the edited setup.exe from your desktop. It will take from 10 to 15 minutes to upgrade and 2 reboots after it. Also, once it restarts, you can jump into the menu you mentioned and set it back to Germany.

One piece of advice for everyone... I bought my Omnia i900 4 weeks ago and I was reading since then all this procedures, advices and experiences from others to avoid bricking my phone and just upgraded it this sunday after almost 4 weeks of reading. Do the same and learn from others success and mistakes. It worths it.

Good luck.

Hello,

my version is i900XHIA/EV4XHIA1. I Want to flash it with the original belgian rom : CEHJ2.

So i changed the version with regedit to CEHH8. Then I edit update.exe. I changed the second i900 from the bottom to i900XH.

I launched the modified update.exe. It said "old version, click ok to update". I clicked "ok". Then it downloaded to 100% and stopped with the message failed to download... :D :lol:

What else can i do to make it work?

Guest easyok

hi ElArcange, I copy "regeditSTG exe" to my phone but i could only get to the point where i can see a folder of "Version" i cant see the "customversion", it only has "default" in it. can you tell me what i need to do? thank you very much!

Guest deepside

I keep getting "image version verified press ok to reset the device"

I press OK, and it restarts my phone, but after that, nothing happens?

Guest tibor28

Hi guys I am still on the good old DXHH3. Are there any new interesting features in the new roms that would be worth upgrading for? My phone is working great so unless there is not something really revolutionary in the new roms I will leave it as it is.

Guest younggunna23

i flash my phone with a rom from ppcgeeks before updating to the new firmware first so my phone would never boot up then i saw so many roms on this site so i tried i900DTHJ5 not noticing the i900 instead of i910 is there anyway i can get the vzw rom back on here if there is i would really appreciate anyones help thanks

Guest Defluo

Hey Guys,

been wanting to update my version for a long time now (the phone's battery is toast even though I religiously shut down any active program) but I am too scared (silly chicken) to do so. Do not want to lose my beloved by bricking it.

I cannot find anyone that has my original version telling me which version to update to.

Also it does not correlate with any of the versions mentioned above.

I don't want to upgrade to the wrong version.

My current phone version is I900DFHL1/DFHL1

phone: 1900XXHL1

Service provider is Yes Optus.

Obviously need an English ROM.

I am presuming all my installed programs will have to be re-installed after I have changed the ROM? So it's quite a tumultuous process considering I have installed quite a few...

Please help a Sydney-damsel-in-distress.

Guest cd78
Hey Guys,

been wanting to update my version for a long time now (the phone's battery is toast even though I religiously shut down any active program) but I am too scared (silly chicken) to do so. Do not want to lose my beloved by bricking it.

I cannot find anyone that has my original version telling me which version to update to.

Also it does not correlate with any of the versions mentioned above.

I don't want to upgrade to the wrong version.

My current phone version is I900DFHL1/DFHL1

phone: 1900XXHL1

Service provider is Yes Optus.

Obviously need an English ROM.

I am presuming all my installed programs will have to be re-installed after I have changed the ROM? So it's quite a tumultuous process considering I have installed quite a few...

Please help a Sydney-damsel-in-distress.

Depending on which Rom you update to you will lose all installed progs on device and on my storage. Mem card will remain as is.

Try reading through Sectors Rom update guide at the top of the page.

Guest johnny054

does anybody have a idea for my problem?

my version is i900XHIA/EV4XHIA1. I Want to flash it with the original belgian rom : CEHJ2.

So i changed the version with regedit to CEHH8. Then I edit update.exe. I changed the second i900 from the bottom to i900XH.

I launched the modified update.exe. It said "old version, click ok to update". I clicked "ok". Then it downloaded to 100% and stopped with the message failed to download... sad.gif sad.gif

What else can i do to make it work?

Guest The Ranker

ok someone help me out here.... i dont thin my samsung omnia i910 can be updated with new roms...

service provider is Bell Canada.... .. as im in Canada..

here are the Version info

Rom Version S:i910.10 B.CC30.2027

Modem Version S:i910.10 B.CC30

H/W Version H:I910.10 B.Q

PRL / Bluetooth Mac / WLAN Mac is not Needed.

can anyone help out with this?? .. confuses me.. lol