ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest peshinho

Paul:

Hello i am from argentina , just bought omina.

PDA: I900DXHG4/DXHG4

PHONE: I900DXHG4

Can i try updating from g4 to h1? Is my phone compatible?

Thanks a lot

Facundo

Guest Matt76

Hi all, I am new to all this kinda stuff (only had the traditional style phones before so all this windows stuff is new to me) I got me an i900 and yes I am impressed by it all. Having read through the various comments in this thread I was wondering if anyone can confirm if I have the current firmware.

PDA: i900XXHG5/MSHG1

Phone:i900xxHG5

I think I have given the correct information.

Thanking you in advance

Matt

Guest Binh Nguyen

Is there a better way to fix the Incorrect Software Version?

I can't use the phone pad because my phone is bricked.

I already tried to edit the file changing DX to whatever it is, didn't work.

My device originally is Chinese i900DXHG1, and I don't understand why Engllish i900DXHG4 didn't work.

:D huhu

Hello paul I am of Argentine have my i900 in English and you ask if there is some rom in Spanish since my Englishman is not very good from already you tkanks and order you regards

pacos

Guest betto1

Hi , Paul, I have an omnia with i900dxhg3/dxhg3 rom, when I try to upgrade to dxhg4 it says it is a wrong version, If I make the changes you say in the telephone configuration, I would have any problem to use my telephone in my country (argentina)?, is this version in english? regards Alberto

Guest betto1

Hola Facundo, tengo una omnia con dxhg3, podrias decirme como hiciste el upgrade a g4, a mi me da que no es la version correcta, hiciste el cambio de configuracion del telefono que dice aca? no trae problemas, saludos Alberto

Paul:

Hello i am from argentina , just bought omina.

PDA: I900DXHG4/DXHG4

PHONE: I900DXHG4

Can i try updating from g4 to h1? Is my phone compatible?

Thanks a lot

Facundo

Guest leomandelbrot - import.ing

Macho, recuerden que este es un foro internacional, por lo que el lenguaje primario es el ingles...no hay drama si quieren escribir en criollo o lunfardo, pero porfas agreguen las mismas lineas en gringo asi los demas pueden entender y darnos una mano...

Saludos!

Leo

--------in WWE:

Hey dudes, remember that this is an international forum, so the primary language is English, no worry if you write in your own language, but please add the same lines translated to English so the rest can understand and helps us...

Greetings

Leo

Guest dangersnert
Here's a repository for ROM download links... USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

DXHG4 (OFFICIAL): http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp

XCHG5 (portugese full ROM img for GrandPrix, tested OK!): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?62iv6plvxhy

DXHH1 (reconstructed, tested OK): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ctayvcvex2

XXHH1 (tested OK, recommended use DXHH1 instead!): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?icwabgoftw2

ZHHH1 (full update, Hong Kong English, no predictive SIPs, Chinese input, tested OK!): http://www.mediafire.com/?oymyjxf1jpx

SAHH2 (full update, it's in POLISH, tested OK!): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?immelub5yez

XXHH3 (radio only, tested (details!): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3f7mpacufai

If you get 'Incorrect Software Version' when trying to update, here's the fix! :D

It worked for me at least :D

Finally, Courtesy of member 'broughs'...

P

I'm just wondering if the country code here might have something to do with my sms receive time being off by 4 hours. My sent times are fine. I'm in Canada I have my time set to mountain time -7 hours, my phone came from Singapore. Thanks for you time.

Guest natzakaria

Someone in Malaysian forum upgraded to HH3 PDA and HH3 Radio

Quote:

i just complained about my finger mouse problem after upgrading to H1 and they update my omnia to HH3 (now both pda and radio is hh3).. so problem solved laugh.gif

Guest natzakaria
Woo, now how do we get that? :D

P

I am not in this lifetime going to fork out 100 bucks for the HH3 rom from the service centre - thats how much they want it since my set is from Singapore.

Am not sure if the guy hovers this forum and if he knows how to extract the ROM - however I shall msg him

Hi Paul,

Can you help Extract the HG4 radio. I feel it works best with the HH1 ROM (unofficial).

I would like to try this radio with the Official leaked HH1 which already comes with its own HH1 radio.

This is my plan.

1) Get 120MB storage space with the HK ROM

2) Flash the Official Leak HH1 ROM (will get about 115MB)

3) Override the HG4 radio into 2

Hi, everyone...

i noted changes in HH1 are below as mentioned by Paul:

HH1 itself brings a host of improvements over the officially released HG4 build, including..

More haptic feedback (including for the XT9 keyboards! Hurrah!)

New Today widgets

More screen rotation animations

Updated core OS and application versions

'Connected Home' DLNA server

Updated Opera Mobile (build 1957)

Reduced memory usage over released HG4 by way of omission of Chinese input methods

But one thing i need to ask... i always type and sms chinese words...

if i upgrade my version to HH1, can i still sms or type chinese? thanks!

Edited by khoon

Guest ktgohdt125

first of all, i want to thanks paul for his effort to help many omnia fan that fail the 1st time flashing thier omnia!! By following Paul guide, i manage to get back my omnia that stuck at "Samsung Omnia" logo....

hope u continue to test, update & upgrade the latest version flasher, rom, software, for us

thanks a million Paul...

regards

ktgohdt125

Guest u8mypinkcookies
If you get 'Incorrect Software Version' when trying to update, here's the fix! 

if i change the settings to Singapore, won't i have problems accessing it in the Philippines? after the update, can i change the Singapore setting back to its original/ default one? ;)

Edited by u8mypinkcookies

Guest cidriver

Ohhh God, the battery is missing a lot % each minute. Looking to download other ROM, but now I can't do nothing the main problem is I have just 60% of battery and when I trying to start to flash said to me battery is not full or something like that, so waiting to charge battery.

Please, confirm to all of as, the best way to get the better funcional Omnia ROM.

Rober, I'm affraids is not at the moment, but futher... who knows.

I'm testing the new Rom HH1 and for the moment everything is fine. Try it, go for it.

Guest lioncat

Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls. Help!!!!!!!!

I followed the instruction,

changed to Singapore, Singtel

then tried to flash rom i900DXHH1

PDA part done,

but Phone part failed,

then I tried to fall back to previous i908ZHHG9

STILL CAN'T COMPLETE PHONE PART!!!!

what's wrong with my phone now?!

i can turn on, every function are ok, but Phone network can't switch on

no Phone function installed.... ...

here is one of my failed log:

OnDeviceChange:DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE

(1) Device name:5&4755145&0&2

PDA Device 1 detected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHONE will be written.

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

(1) Now Port is Matched id:0, g_nOpenPhonePort:0

(1) Change usb Success

(1) DL_MSG_PORT_OPEN_FAILURE- cnt <= 0

OnDeviceChange:DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE

PDA Device not found.

create Port failed

another master can help me???

now I can't switch back to previous region setting

everytime i tried to open the administrator mode

it require me to turn on the phone

but I can't turn on phone since no phone function installed!

PLSSS HELPPPP!!!!