Paul's must have FREE i900 Omnia software

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lutharigno
anyway, is there any way to organise the icons.. wanna 'folderised' them.. using wm6.5..

If you're talking about on the Start Menu yes. First of all, you should know that to be able to customize your Start Menu you don't need a 3rd party app. You can treat it like any other folder. Go to Windows> Start Menu> Programs using File explorer or whatever other app you have. I prefer Resco Explorer, not free :) . Create your new folder(s) there and then copy/cut and paste the short cuts for the apps you see in the start menu into the newly created folders. They'll be organized/folderized how you want them when you exit out and go to the start menu.

If you want an app to do it you can use reStart. I took this from sector's WM 6.5 Goodies thread.

reStart - zip.gif reSTART.cab ( 472.08K ) Number of downloads: 1131

Has ability to add/change icons to any links or folders, but they must be in the icons folder located in reSTART folder to be found. I included a few folder icons in install package to get you started(hence the large size of cab, actual exe and dll are only about 120kb). New icons added to folder should be .png files.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest windowsrb

FTouchSL does not work at all.

I have i900 8gb with win 6.1

only thing that happened when start FTouchSL is that i'm unable to move screens of Mobile Shell any more until i reset phone.

Edited by windowsrb

Guest jms2367
FTouchSL does not work at all.

I have i900 8gb with win 6.1

only thing that happened when start FTouchSL is that i'm unable to move screens of Mobile Shell any more until i reset phone.

you have to add most programs to the exception list for ftouchsl to work properly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest WhatID

I just went thru the list of app Paul suggested.. one of the IM app I seems to have problem with...

Palringo.. I can't seems to access google chat at all, but MSN seems ok. Digging a bit more I found this article

http://blog.kaputtendorf.de/2008/08/12/pal...ecurity-issues/

Although it is a bit old, but now I have concern about security using this app.

Another app I tried was Fring but it keep crashing left right and center upon startup

Is there another IM app you guys are using and recommended?

Guest WhatID

Finally get Palringo to work w/ Google Chat (beside the security issue...)

Here is the trick, when adding service, make sure your rename the resource to something other than "Palringo" I *think* maybe Google is blocking connection from Palringo, try to name it something else and it will logon.....

Interesting eh?

Meanwhile I am still having touch luck to get Fring to work. The only time that works is when I am connected via a USB cable during hotsync.... :P This is worst than many years ago when I first tried Fring on my old HTC6800...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I've got a Omnia I900 recently so this programs are great, definitely useful. Thanks a lot.

Just a quick question, I installed Remote Desktop app since I remote alot and it kinda sucks how cramped the whole desktop is and how I must use the scroll bars to get around. I went onto youtube and found this

and this is what I would want it to be like on the omnia.

In the settings screen I've checked the option to fit the screen and made things even worse. I thought that application would work mint on WQVGA screens.

Thanks

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...