T- Mobile MDA Compact IV - recall?

Guest wertyu

Guest andybarker
I work in the tech department for t-mobile. the mda compact 4 was not recalled just low on stock for sending to customers.

Hi Mikie,

Any idea when they will release a newer version of the firmware?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest importednights

I have been on and off with T-mobile tech and customer service over the MDA Compact IV since its release, I was lucky enough to be one of the first MDA's in UK and to be honest that unit is perfect, no problems .. The problem was when i ordered a 2nd unit for my wife, So far it has been exchanged 3 times (all brand new units), all have the stock ROM (Crap that it is), I have seen all of the faults listed here and maybe some more, I am now at a stage where the most recent unit has been Hard reset 3 times and well lets just say it anit helped, Tech dept at T-Mobile are good guys !! they understand they know the issues but hey cant do nothing, Customer service on the other hand (could not arrange a P**s up in etc etc). Returns dept - well must be a made up job cos they are as Thick as Sh**e too. I cant seem to get in to either of the last two depts the part - I AM THE CUSTOMER and I AM NOT HAPPY, change my phone.. Sales of GOODS ACT !!! the product does not do the job it is designed to do. I will be calling T- MOBILE today to tell them that I want a replacement handset of a different type or they will have to take my compaint for Trading Standards (there is enough information for this forum and many others telling the same story of BAD MOBILE). Any way guys unless you can help in any way .. I m off to RANT and RAVE !!!

Guest importednights
I have been on and off with T-mobile tech and customer service over the MDA Compact IV since its release, I was lucky enough to be one of the first MDA's in UK and to be honest that unit is perfect, no problems .. The problem was when i ordered a 2nd unit for my wife, So far it has been exchanged 3 times (all brand new units), all have the stock ROM (Crap that it is), I have seen all of the faults listed here and maybe some more, I am now at a stage where the most recent unit has been Hard reset 3 times and well lets just say it anit helped, Tech dept at T-Mobile are good guys !! they understand they know the issues but hey cant do nothing, Customer service on the other hand (could not arrange a P**s up in etc etc). Returns dept - well must be a made up job cos they are as Thick as Sh**e too. I cant seem to get in to either of the last two depts the part - I AM THE CUSTOMER and I AM NOT HAPPY, change my phone.. Sales of GOODS ACT !!! the product does not do the job it is designed to do. I will be calling T- MOBILE today to tell them that I want a replacement handset of a different type or they will have to take my compaint for Trading Standards (there is enough information for this forum and many others telling the same story of BAD MOBILE). Any way guys unless you can help in any way .. I m off to RANT and RAVE !!!

Just got off the phone, I have a Vario 3 coming in as exchange to MDA Compact IV, I know its not the same but I think I ll wait on side lines until T-Mobile get their finger out and sort out Rom etc issues

Guest deadphill

Err a Vario 3? Is that not going backwards in the line of mobiles?

Or are they leaving you with that phone until there is another phone you want to upgrade to?

Cheers

Phill

Guest importednights
Err a Vario 3? Is that not going backwards in the line of mobiles?

Or are they leaving you with that phone until there is another phone you want to upgrade to?

Cheers

Phill

It was T-Mobile's only phone (In Stock) that could provide me with the functions I needed.. GPS, Fast Internet and things like that

I looked at N95 (8Gig) but they dont do that one anymore only the silver one

I looked at N96 (but thats not in stock)

I looked at Samsung Omiga (But dont like set up)

I looked at Nokia 6650 (But its rubbish)

I was stuck, plus blackberry's are too slow...

So I decided on a Vario 3, this way I can sit quite in the corner until a good phone gets released or they fixs the Compact IV

Just a quick update which did make me laugh, they said they understand the problems and we working hard to fix them, I ask them how long had they had the update from HTC now then (knowing they wont have).. he said, what update... I said, update rom upgrade.. He said, dont know what your talking about.. I said, so what you working on.. He said, (this is funny) Stuff... I said can you tell me what stuff, He said, Just stuff to fix the phone.. By the way the phone that at the start of the chat he said nothing was wrong with and have had no reported probems (Dont you just love T-Mobile Staff)

And last note, I heard today via tech staff (at T-Mobile who are good guys, not the customer T**T I talked to earlier), That HTC have not even passed over the new rom so T-Mobile staff getting play with it etc etc and this is the same problem with the Blackberry BOLD , they are not getting that phone either because they are waiting for other networks to resolve the bugs before they release it... BRAVE Eh !!!!