ROM Upgrade from HTC

Guest Fullfast

Guest Fullfast

I know this has probably been answered before but I have done a search and cannot find it anywhere.

I want to apply the HTC upgrade ROM to my Touch Dual but when I go to put my serial number into the website it says it is not valid. It is an Orange phone, can anyone point me into the direction of where to get hold of it from and how to go about doing it

Thanks and sorry for asking a question that has probably been done to death

S

Guest tsutton

You can't download the ROM from the HTC website if your phone is Orange branded. You will have to get the ROM from Orange website or somewhere else where someone did a ROM dump (i.e. here or XDADev)

Guest pbarclay
You can't download the ROM from the HTC website if your phone is Orange branded. You will have to get the ROM from Orange website or somewhere else where someone did a ROM dump (i.e. here or XDADev)

I don't think any of us can download new ROMs from the HTC website. I bought my HTC Touch Dual SIM free but cannot get an upgrade. As far as I can tell, HTC have not released an official WM 6.1 ROM upgrade for the Nike, although this may happen soon.

I know this has probably been answered before but I have done a search and cannot find it anywhere.

I want to apply the HTC upgrade ROM to my Touch Dual but when I go to put my serial number into the website it says it is not valid. It is an Orange phone, can anyone point me into the direction of where to get hold of it from and how to go about doing it

S

Odd, I got my phone from Orange (A replacement for my sadly deceased E650) and registered it with the serial number on the HTC site yesterday without any issue.

Note that Orange are no longer 'Branding' new HTC devices as SPV's, just installing the horrible icons, wallpaper and the menu plug-in (Which I like, but it was at it's best on the C600 IMHO).

While there WAS a link to the WM 6.1 ROM at one point, it is no longer there for download (Much to my dissapointment).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Griff_FFOC

When registering a product it says:

Register your product and get device-exclusive value contents!

Important! The HTC e-Club now accepts product registration for both HTC-branded devices (e.g. HTC Touch Diamond) and Operator-branded devices (e.g. T-Mobile Dash and AT&T Tilt).

I doubt whether the operator branded will get any updates though.

• 3 weeks later...
When registering a product it says:

Register your product and get device-exclusive value contents!

Important! The HTC e-Club now accepts product registration for both HTC-branded devices (e.g. HTC Touch Diamond) and Operator-branded devices (e.g. T-Mobile Dash and AT&T Tilt).

I doubt whether the operator branded will get any updates though.

Well if it's down to Orange I assume were all doomed as the touch dual did not even figure last time I looked on the site for support.

Oh, and the ROM update is back on HTC's site, not that I can download it though, Bah! :lol:

Guest pbarclay
Well if it's down to Orange I assume were all doomed as the touch dual did not even figure last time I looked on the site for support.

Oh, and the ROM update is back on HTC's site, not that I can download it though, Bah! :lol:

What would happen if you happened to put in the serial number of a SIM free Niki? Would the new ROM turn your phone into a SIM free Niki or would it leave you with a "brick"?

I bought mine SIM free and downloaded the ROM on Tuesday. So far, I am very pleased with it. It has corrected a major problem I had with my bluetooth Stowaway keyboard in 6.0, which would only work if I selected ABC and displayed an on screen keyboard. Now, the keyboard works in all modes which makes it far easier to use.

The threaded messaging is interesting.

All my existing software works fine with 6.1 - apart from SpB Backup. I have contacted them but apparently I am the only person having a problem so far!

I guess Orange and the other mobile phone brands are too busy bringing out new phones to bother with software upgrades for existing customers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest alvantan

Hi pbarclay,

are you able to upload the ROM wm6.1 for us to flash ours?

I had the same problem that the HTC website doesn't accept my serial number.

What would happen if you happened to put in the serial number of a SIM free Niki? Would the new ROM turn your phone into a SIM free Niki or would it leave you with a "brick"?

I bought mine SIM free and downloaded the ROM on Tuesday. So far, I am very pleased with it. It has corrected a major problem I had with my bluetooth Stowaway keyboard in 6.0, which would only work if I selected ABC and displayed an on screen keyboard. Now, the keyboard works in all modes which makes it far easier to use.

The threaded messaging is interesting.

All my existing software works fine with 6.1 - apart from SpB Backup. I have contacted them but apparently I am the only person having a problem so far!

I guess Orange and the other mobile phone brands are too busy bringing out new phones to bother with software upgrades for existing customers.

• 11 months later...
Guest murillo

S

How to discovery your S/N for your HTC

Access http://survey.htc.com/worldwide/?source=web , select your language, then on the next form enter your IMEI number and change focus to next field (press tab key), the form will search your Serial Number by IMEI and put it on S/N field.

Acesse http://survey.htc.com/worldwide/?source=web, selecione sua linguagem, então no próximo formulário entre com o número IMEI e mude para o próximo campo (pressione TAB), o formulário vai procurar o Número de Série através do IMEI e colocá-lo no campo S/N.

• 2 months later...
Guest AesopRock

Hi everyone,

I entered a different S/N from mine in the official HTC website and it accepted it, but it was available just the german version of the ROM.

So I downloaded and flashed my Niki with this ROM (WM 6.1) thinking it would be easy to change the language from the "regional settings", but it wasn't that easy...

Now I'm stuck with the german :S

Does anyone have any idea how can I change (mobile registry modifications for example...) the language without flashing it with another ROM?

Thanks in advance.