The OFFICIAL Samsung i900 Omnia DXHH1 update: LEAKED!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
DXHH1all.png
Regular readers will know that the Samsung i900 Omnia is my 'device of choice' at the moment (tough call, there are a LOT of desirable devices out there atm!), and now courtesy of kingmobile, i've just downloaded and installed the OFFICIAL DXHH1 update from here, which has recently been released to Samsung service centres! :(

Flashing this update gives you...
  • DXHH1/DXHH1 PDA
  • DXHH1 ROM

HH1 itself brings a host of improvements over the officially released HG4 build, including..
    • More haptic feedback (including for the XT9 keyboards! Hurrah!)
    • New Today widgets
    • More screen rotation animations
    • Updated core OS and application versions
    • 'Connected Home' DLNA server
    • Updated Opera Mobile (build 1957)
    • Reduced memory usage over released HG4 by way of omission of Chinese input methods
    • and probably more i've forgotten... :D
    • The update process is simple (but of course, not without danger (hey, I test these things so you don't have to) :angry:... if you can't handle the fact your phone could be toasted, get the update done by a service centre! Flash at your own risk!). Simply find a XP machine, install this modem driver (important!), extract and run the update EXE, connect your FULLY CHARGED Omnia and press the reset pin. Hit 'Start' in the application when it becomes available and then sit back and don't touch ANYTHING :D

Other leaked (non English) ROMs show that Samsung seem to be continuing agressive development of the Omnia, with additions such as new TouchWiz widgets and additional applications (such as Samsung's 'LifeDiary') making an appearance in later ROM versions. It is expected that HH1 will not see a full public release, with Samsung instead choosing a forthcoming version with additional enhancements to make widely available.

P

Guest blackhorse
No Vista version at this time!

P

this update wipes the 16gb internal memory doesnt it? im trying to work out if this update is worthwile since i already usung hh pda and am quite happy with the hg5 radio, also dont fancy moving 12gig of data again as well as programs ect :|

Guest Jlarsen

Hi All

I can report a successful flash on my end. I just finished, took under 10 minutes and it went flawlessly.

I must say the update interface have improved alot since the first official build, thumbs up Samsung.

Old version:

PDA:i900DXHG4/DXHG4

Radio:i900DXHG4

New version:

PDA: i900DXHH1/DXHH1

Phone: i900DXHH1

My phone is an eBay purchase from Singapore.

Guest Jlarsen
AFAIK, this is the alternative update UI aimed at the service centres rather than end users...?

P

They should switch that around then, because it's very simple and easy to understand. :D

Guest Paul (MVP)

*has no idea what that means*

Well, I wouldn't recommend it, but you could install the Samsung Vista modem driver (important!) then try? You're a braver / foolish'er man than I tho if you do :D

P

Right, my Vodafone handset came with PDA: i900XXHH1/ACHH1 PHONE: i900BUHG5.

Is this DXHH1 an update over what I already have? Is there any way to back up my existing setting so that I can load them back on in one go after running the update?

Ah, will this remove all the vodafone branding from the software too, welcome screen etc too?

Edited by DavidC

Guest Ericmky

Paul

this update erase the contens of My Storage or only the main memory??

is necessary make the change to "Singapour Device" if the process say "Incorrect Version"

Thanks four your time..

Eric

Guest the-jackal
Only main memory. re: Singapore fix, unknown, but quite possibly!

P

So doing this will not touch the 16GB internal or my 4GB Micro SD?

Just double checking. :D

does this ROM solve the battery drainage problem and what is the initial amount of memory available for the program & memory respectively? anyone care to let me know

Guest Paul (MVP)

Battery drain: too early to say.

Memory: just rebooted (have a few bits and pieces set up now, e.g. Exchange) and it's showing 53.22 storage and 61.83 program.

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.