The OFFICIAL Samsung i900 Omnia DXHH1 update: LEAKED!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GSeeker2
Battery drain: too early to say.

Memory: just rebooted (have a few bits and pieces set up now, e.g. Exchange) and it's showing 53.22 storage and 61.83 program.

P

If you flash the i908ZHHH2 version first and then flash back to the DXHH1, you will get bigger storage, around 90 MB. :D

Guest Ice Man
Right, my Vodafone handset came with PDA: i900XXHH1/ACHH1 PHONE: i900BUHG5.

Is this DXHH1 an update over what I already have? Is there any way to back up my existing setting so that I can load them back on in one go after running the update?

Ah, will this remove all the vodafone branding from the software too, welcome screen etc too?

First I'll just say, Paul you're a top man for all your posts on the omnia been reading for hours now and much more clued up!, although am in the same boat as 'DavidC' have a Vodafone I900V model, same PDA/Phone firmware as above, need to know if its poss do do a straight upgrade to this HH1 and also is there a need to as the org says HH1 just not radio?

Guest Paul (MVP)
If you flash the i908ZHHH2 version first and then flash back to the DXHH1, you will get bigger storage, around 90 MB. :angry:

That doesn't even being to make sense :D

:D

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
wow paul.. is that the fresh size u hv rite after flashing to this H1 ROM..

hope to hear about the battery performance.

No, as stated above i've set up Exchange and installed a few bits and pieces.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
First I'll just say, Paul you're a top man for all your posts on the omnia been reading for hours now and much more clued up!, although am in the same boat as 'DavidC' have a Vodafone I900V model, same PDA/Phone firmware as above, need to know if its poss do do a straight upgrade to this HH1 and also is there a need to as the org says HH1 just not radio?

Is it Vodafone branded? The only possible benefits are newer radio and debranding.

That said, I assume Voda have tested the ROM with their network, so I might be tempted to hang fire unless there was a specific reason for upgrading...

P

Guest Ice Man
Is it Vodafone branded? The only possible benefits are newer radio and debranding.

That said, I assume Voda have tested the ROM with their network, so I might be tempted to hang fire unless there was a specific reason for upgrading...

P

Yeah is Voda Branded, one of the reasons i'm thinking about the upgrade as well as device seems to be slow, have an ipaq 214 with same processor/ram and is much quicker so hoped it was a voda software bug over the samsung release.

cheers bud.

If you flash the i908ZHHH2 version first and then flash back to the DXHH1, you will get bigger storage, around 90 MB. :D

If correct that would mean the flashing process is not going through properly and one rom is somehow not being removed properly by subsequent flashes.

Well I'm inclined to give this one a miss, although the handset does seem a tad slow sometimes. Having said that, I know what I'm like and I'll probably end up flashing this new ROM tonight anyway. Is there anyway to check if it is truly newer than the Vodafone ROM?

FYI, the Vodafone branding is in the form of the spalsh screen when the phone boots up and shuts down, the Vodafone logo in the main menu for the Web icon (links to Opera tho), the bottom right button on the screen says 'live!' (the name of Vodafone's web service) and there is an icon for Vodafone's Find-and-Go nav on there but I can't get it to work.

Guest malikms

great news paul. cheers! do you still need to run active sync to do the upgrade? or is it just for a data backup purposes?

downloading right now... any rapidshare.com link? my connection seems terrible to mediafire. have a good one!

Guest Ice Man
Well I'm inclined to give this one a miss, although the handset does seem a tad slow sometimes. Having said that, I know what I'm like and I'll probably end up flashing this new ROM tonight anyway. Is there anyway to check if it is truly newer than the Vodafone ROM?

FYI, the Vodafone branding is in the form of the spalsh screen when the phone boots up and shuts down, the Vodafone logo in the main menu for the Web icon (links to Opera tho), the bottom right button on the screen says 'live!' (the name of Vodafone's web service) and there is an icon for Vodafone's Find-and-Go nav on there but I can't get it to work.

Wont be able to flash mine just yet as using vista, so mine will have to wait till the weekend, but if you decide to flash then please update to let us know!

ps you can change the live! short cust easily, you'll need a reg editor like 'PHM registry Editor' beleive you can get this free or a trial if you google it, then run it and change settings in: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicrosoftToday\keys\113] then change String named [Default] value to name of what to be displayed, and change string named [Open] value to path of file (i.e \windows\fexplore.exe for file manager) or what ever you want to open, changing the values in folder [112] changes left button too.

Guest kauka187

hi paul. now this is off topic a bit so i apologise but just read the news and its awesome and am definitely going to flash after ive posted this (already flashed to g5 and previous h1) but there is a reason im posting here and not in a separate post.

my question to you tho is regarding wifi. ive had this phone for 2 days and have been on it and the net 24/7 trying to figure out how to connect wifi to our router via my omnia. ive tried everything. new roms, searching thru the phone, changing networks, trawling the web, everything and cant find anything.

however. i did notice that when i went to version, the same page as the pic you posted comes up minus the parameters you have under s/w etc for wifi. for me there is nothing there. absolutely blank.

is this a hardware problem ie there is no wifi adapter installed or a software one. does something need to be switched on or what?? im going nuts here lol

any help is greatly appreciated!!

hi paul. now this is off topic a bit so i apologise but just read the news and its awesome and am definitely going to flash after ive posted this (already flashed to g5 and previous h1) but there is a reason im posting here and not in a separate post.

my question to you tho is regarding wifi. ive had this phone for 2 days and have been on it and the net 24/7 trying to figure out how to connect wifi to our router via my omnia. ive tried everything. new roms, searching thru the phone, changing networks, trawling the web, everything and cant find anything.

however. i did notice that when i went to version, the same page as the pic you posted comes up minus the parameters you have under s/w etc for wifi. for me there is nothing there. absolutely blank.

is this a hardware problem ie there is no wifi adapter installed or a software one. does something need to be switched on or what?? im going nuts here lol

any help is greatly appreciated!!

Have you got a MAC address filter on your router? If you you need to add your Omnia's mac address to the allow list. It's on the system screen in settings.

Guest kauka187
Have you got a MAC address filter on your router? If you you need to add your Omnia's mac address to the allow list. It's on the system screen in settings.

nah i dont have a mac address filter on my router. its too fiddly when there are so many wireless devices in the house. just to add i also get a device.exe error everytime ive reset, flashed my phone. something to do with jaguargspx.dll

Guest lentini

Upgraded my unbranded Orange i900 this afternoon, all went smoothly. Almost cacked myself when the phone took ages to boot after the upgrade :D

Thanks for all the info Paul :angry:

EDIT: Blimey! My first post since joining over 3 years ago after I bought my SPV C500! :D

Edited by lentini

Guest LoveGod
Upgraded my unbranded Orange i900 this afternoon, all went smoothly. Almost cacked myself when the phone took ages to boot after the upgrade :angry:

Thanks for all the info Paul :(

EDIT: Blimey! My first post since joining over 3 years ago after I bought my SPV C500! :D

haha same thing, after a while i began planning how to send my device to korea lol. but after all all went smooth, upgraded from DXHG3 to DXHH1.

My first post here but i just had to thank everybody involved in making this build public.

*Just love the animations :D *

Guest Octopus1968

Just flashed my Onmina (German Device) without problems. The DXHH1 firmware is much better than the shipped one (no more problems with the touch screen, smart reader working). I didn't have problems with "incorrect software versions" (and I didn't change the phone to "Singapore"), but as described above, I almost got a heart attack on the first boot - these have been the longest 3 minutes of my life :-)

Regards,

Rudi

Guest vijay15

Is the native Sasmung scroller/flo for programs as bad as the leaked HH1 ROM? FTOUCHSL 2.7 didnt wrk at all with the HH1 leaked ROM, any idea what it is like with this one?

Thanks guys,

Still waiting for people much smarter to me to cook a custom ROM devoid of some of the native useless Sasmsung programs (Shozu etc).

Vij

Does anybody know if this new ROM will change the device ID. I use Skyscape products which uses a unique device ID and on a previous ROM upgrade on an HTC Trinity, the device ID changed and I had to ask for new unlock codes. I know TomTom use a similar system too.

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.