flash to wm 6.1 ... now all 30 second an "pling" :)

Guest greddy

Since the update to 6.1 wm I now have a regular Pling and I do not know what it means.

If the phone is locked this signal is away, when the phone is not locked this pling comes again. (all 30 seconds)

What kind of a signal is it ? Can i disable it ?

Cheers

Peter

Edited by greddy

Guest fbloise
Since the update to 6.1 wm I now have a regular Pling and I do not know what it means.

If the phone is locked this signal is away, when the phone is not locked this pling comes again. (all 30 seconds)

Cheers

Peter

My problem may have been the same. if the "pling" you are referring to is the sound when you plug-in or unplug the charger, try reflashing the phone.

My phone was doing this after flashing to WM6.1, but I made a mistake flashing it. The program only made it through phase 2 and I unplugged it and reset it. WM6.1 loaded, but was incomplete. (Garmin was showing several com ports for connecting to the GPS, that should not have been there. Reflashing and allowing the flash program to complete all phases fixed the problem.

In the event anyone else unplugged the phone during the flash process and is getting the "SAMSUNG" boot screen, but not much else, try taking out the battery and holding the volume up button and the back button while pressing power. It starts the phone in the bootloader that the flash program uses.

Of course if you had already exited the flash program like me, you will need a second phone to get the flash program up and running again "active sync" won't work in this state. - there's better instructions on this site somewhere.

Also, resetting your phone to the base ROM can be achieved by holding the "up" button on the wheel while pressing power to turn it on.

Edited by Droz36

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RockStar72

Cheers

Peter

Have a look through the 200+ posts on http://www.myblackjack2.com/news/windows-m...e-blackjack-ii/

(including my own issues ;) )

Did the upgrade finish smoothly and does entering *#1234# on the phone show both the PDA and Phone versions as i617UCHH?

If not then the upgrade didn't work correctly and you'll need to go through the full upgrade process again. Even if the 2 version numbers are the same, do the upgrade again all the same....

Hope this helps

Have a look through the 200+ posts on http://www.myblackjack2.com/news/windows-m...e-blackjack-ii/

(including my own issues ;) )

Did the upgrade finish smoothly and does entering *#1234# on the phone show both the PDA and Phone versions as i617UCHH?

If not then the upgrade didn't work correctly and you'll need to go through the full upgrade process again. Even if the 2 version numbers are the same, do the upgrade again all the same....

Hope this helps

Hello,

oops. thanks ..

My phones shows: PDA i617UCHH2 and Phone i617UCGK2

Is this the problem ? i will now read your link

many thanks

Peter

It works ... i have not install the modem driver ... that was the error.

Now the "pling" are away ... and the phone shows

PDA i617UCHH2

Phone i617UCHH2

Many thx!

Peter

May I just say that I think this Thread is a PERFECT example of why I love MoDaCo.

Nicely done guys! ;) :wacko: :( :D

Edited by MadSci