Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest kensong

So far, I have not noticed anything different comparing HI2 to HI3 except perhaps geotagging in camera. Battery life is still so so, much like HI3, better than HH3 but nowhere near G3 or G4. HI3 battery is okay if you do not activate data line. If you are connected and downloading eg streaming media, battery drops pretty fast and unit warms up. Hope they get to fix this.

Guest M Seif

Dear Paul

I asked :

The problem is

In all my previous WM sets (imate, jasjar,tytn) if u answer the call by pressing the green handset, u hear from the mobile itself, even if the BT headset is paired, very continent, if you need to hear from the mobile, or use the speaker on.

in the Omnia, whatever button u press u have to hear fro your BT headset. unless ofcourse u switch it off before answering, like all Nokia sets. Very bad situations and takes many seconds to off.

Is there any solution fro that ?

UNQUOTE

and you replied

" Menu -> Switch Headset Off IIRC? "

Can u please tell me which menu? I pressed the Menu button on the today screen, but cud not find any

" Switch Headset off" ?

thanks in advance

Guest requiem87
I have one trick I read about and it is nice, and I have one problem that am not sure any one can solve:

The trick is :

if you press the red handset button fro 2-3 seconds it activate the lock of the phone, very nice and handy.

The problem is

In all my previous WM sets (imate, jasjar,tytn) if u answer the call by pressing the green handset, u hear from the mobile itself, even if the BT headset is paired, very continent, if you need to hear from the mobile, or use the speaker on.

in the Omnia, whatever button u press u have to hear fro your BT headset. unless ofcourse u switch it off before answering, like all Nokia sets. Very bad situations ut takes many seconds to off.

Is there any solution fro that ?

Thanks

As reply to your trick:

You can go to settings > buttons and choose wether holding the red button down shall activate keylock or close active dataconnection.

I use the latter since i have s2u2 installed...

Guest M Seif
As reply to your trick:

You can go to settings > buttons and choose wether holding the red button down shall activate keylock or close active dataconnection.

I use the latter since i have s2u2 installed...

Thanks, but the setting>buttons> does not have any mentioning for the red and green buttons, only the main menu(pres & presshold) , camera (press & presshold).

Where did u find them?

does this means that we can reassign the red and green so not to answer and end a call???

Guest samjuan
Thanks, but the setting>buttons> does not have any mentioning for the red and green buttons, only the main menu(pres & presshold) , camera (press & presshold).

Where did u find them?

does this means that we can reassign the red and green so not to answer and end a call???

I am also interested in this BT headset trick, I wish if we can answer from the headset, it gets routed to the headset, but if answered from the the phone, it actually gets answered from the phone itself.

Another thing I would like to have is the A2DP headset, when connected, it actually route all phone sounds to the headset, not convenient as I want to have the option to route the sound "say from touch player or anywhere" to the headset while connected or not! ;)

Guest requiem87

Where did u find them?

On my phone (DXHG4) it is located under Settings > Personal > Buttons > press the [end key] tab at the bottom > choose between "Lock device" or "Disconnect data calls"

If this isn't an option on your phone, please let me know what firmware you're at.

Guest M Seif
On my phone (DXHG4) it is located under Settings > Personal > Buttons > press the [end key] tab at the bottom > choose between "Lock device" or "Disconnect data calls"

If this isn't an option on your phone, please let me know what firmware you're at.

WOW, it was always there , never saw it before. THANKS

Guest M Seif

It seems i have a problem with the setting of the vista " windows mobile device center", it does not connect to the phone except one time only, and whenever I switch off my laptop, I have to install the windoes mobile device center again .

activesync is not working on vista ofcourse , right??

Any advice ??

Guest pp56825

after upgrade to DXHI3 i can't install anything on My storage, when choice it while instalation, program is still going to device/program files.

Let me know if any one know how to fix it.

Guest kensong
after upgrade to DXHI3 i can't install anything on My storage, when choice it while instalation, program is still going to device/program files.

Let me know if any one know how to fix it.

Nope I don't have this issue. Maybe you may have locked the volume. Don't know how you can check this though.

Guest pp56825
I've heard that there are new polish roms available

NO BRAND: i900SAHJ1

BRANDED: i900BRHJ1

Secany - do you have any of them?

we need that so much, pls pls help me.

Is there an official spanish ROM out? The one that secany has posted is so buggy.

So many people is waiting for an official Spanish ROM for months ago! :lol:

Edited by eRoS08

Guest pp56825

Hi,

I have try to dump my rom and use it to flash some other phone.

to dump i have used itsutils command psdread -1 0 0x8133000 i900DXHI1.img

but when i try to use it with GrandPrix i have error:

Analyzing the Combined Image...

Error during opening image files!

-Platform not matched!

:The chosen platform and image do not match!

my rom is i900DXHI1. my omnia is from Poland. i have change it to singapure already.

I know that there is exec file which do the update even to newer version HI3, but this is not the point. i need to have mechanism to dump ROM and use it.

we have one service in warsaw which have fresh ROMs but they don't want to share it, so we want to dump it and share it with other people in poland.

PLS help.