Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Hey all, i've repacked DTHJ5 into a regular update EXE for those (like me) that love to be on the latest and greatest but (unlike me) are too sensible to mess around with Grand Prix...

Thanks once again secany for the ROM :lol:

Tested and working of course!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zhnm1jzgmnf

P

So, does this mean that we install Samsung driver and then go a head by clicking the .exe as usual on XP ?

Can we reverse if we need to and which rom and how ?

Please Paul these are very important questions for the non-experts like many of us .

Many thanks in advance

Guest Paul (MVP)
So, does this mean that we install Samsung driver and then go a head by clicking the .exe as usual on XP ?

Can we reverse if we need to and which rom and how ?

Please Paul these are very important questions for the non-experts like many of us .

Many thanks in advance

Yup, the usual routine! :lol:

P

Thank you Paul for your fast response.

What about reversing the upgrade , is it possible ?

To which rom then ? any one or a specific official for example ?

Edited by M Seif

Guest RodolfoG
The PDA rom is flashing only if i'm right? It went all fine, but my phone rom is still HJ1

Thanks

Did you do the Grandprix method or did you use Paul's HJ5 exe?

Guest thegoodly

just flashed to HJ5 from HJ1.

PDA is HJ5 but phone is still HJ1 is this correct??

as with all previous flashes PDA and phone have been the same! there were no errors while flashing, all went smoothly!

thanks to secany, and to paul for the exe...

also immeadiatley noticed improvements with widgets, you can actually click on a widget without it moving all over the screen!

Edited by thegoodly

Guest Pille69

my pda is i900dthj5

the phone is i900jvhh2

what is meaning whit

how can i update the phone part ?

do anybody have a link to a chinese rom for the 115 mb of memory ?

do i understand that right

- first flash a chinese rom

- flash then any rom what you want

- now 115 mb available

correct ?

i didnt got a answer of my question - what are the changings from the rom i900dthj5

i do not see any difference

Edited by Pille69

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

I'm actually not an expert on these Omnia ROMs and so, but I believe you're slightly wrong. The chinese rom mentioned probably doesn't contain much of the original Samsung applications, so you get more free device storage (internal) when you use it.

But after that, if you re-flash with a standard rom (just for example), you would get the same result with the original. The sequence doesn't change the final space you get.

If you want extra free space on the phone, you have to sacrifice something. (I actually would be willing to sacrifice: Digital Frame, Google Maps (gets updated too frequently), Google Launcher, Photo Slides, Podcasts, RSS reader, Shozu, Smart Converter, Streaming Player, Smart Reader, TV-Out Viewer and Windows Live. These can be packed into cabs, so can be installed into the 16GB storage if necessary)

Just my two cents.

do anybody have a link to a chinese rom for the 115 mb of memory ?

do i understand that right

- first flash a chinese rom

- flash then any rom what you want

- now 115 mb available

correct ?

Guest Ericmky
just flashed to HJ5 from HJ1.

PDA is HJ5 but phone is still HJ1 is this correct??

as with all previous flashes PDA and phone have been the same! there were no errors while flashing, all went smoothly!

thanks to secany, and to paul for the exe...

also immeadiatley noticed improvements with widgets, you can actually click on a widget without it moving all over the screen!

The PDA is DTHJ5 and the phone is XXHJ1 no DXHJ1

Guest Rednose5
The PDA is DTHJ5 and the phone is XXHJ1 no DXHJ1

Same here. Secany thanks for all the great work, I hope you can still deliver a rom when you see there have been major changes <_< .

Paul thanks for changing the roms to exe. This has made flashing easy and reliabel, hope to see some customized roms soon :lol: .

i900DTHJ5 could be my last firmware, I have something need to sort of, and i'm changing to i8510 Symbian and i910 or i990 WM7. Plus, now we can cook custom rom to increase performance, keep flashing stock rom is some kind of silly :lol:

Anyway, if any really good and stable rom better than this DTHJ5, i'll update you guys.

Cheers,

Ken.

E, you have given a lot to the Omnia community, you should stick around and help produce an ultimate Rom thats clean and small!! or help out and give suggestions and simply help out.

U've helped out thus far why not continue, we all enjoyed your contribution.

Guest Pille69
E, you have given a lot to the Omnia community, you should stick around and help produce an ultimate Rom thats clean and small!! or help out and give suggestions and simply help out.

U've helped out thus far why not continue, we all enjoyed your contribution.

and you havent told how to remove/add programs

i still wait for a small walkthrou

Guest gillestuur
Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it fixes an issue with the clock widget, and improves the GPS.

My fault, i read wrong.. the PDA version is DTHJ5 and the phone version is XX HJ1 (formally DX).. Seems to be the best rom!

Paul's exe works fine as always.