Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest kensong
Hi Ken,

Sorry I only stayed with the Aussie Rom for less than 24 hours, I flashed to DR.Dot's ROM which is much more lean, total of 112.53 MB, I have installed back a few of the apps he removed(he made them into cabs) and not I have 54.80Mb free after installing all my apps...

greetings from Melaka..

Wow, that's good. I have only 12MB left and everything in on MyStorage. I am using DXHJ1 at the moment. Are you using Black Diamond 1.0 SOE For Omina? How is it? Fast? Stable?

Edited by kensong

Guest new2city
Wow, that's good. I have only 12MB left and everything in on MyStorage. I am using DXHJ1 at the moment. Are you using Black Diamond 1.0 SOE For Omina? How is it? Fast? Stable?

It is basically a DXHJ1, but faster(when first hard reset) as it is basically "naked". Yup, stable and fast.

I mostly put all my stuff in MyStorage, as well, and I normally get around 30Mb left but this time it is around 50Mb... cool eh..

I kinda put off cooking my own rom

Guest draligus

when i install hi3 or hj1, it works perfect. but when i make a hard reset after installation, phone becomes slower and screen becomes less sensitive.. what do you think about this?

Guest vsbaskaran
I will look to fix this in my next ROM.

If someone could clarify exactly what the problem is? What happens if you try and use TT without GPSgate? How does GPSgate help? Please elaborate :D

By popular request Opera will be a CAB install in the next version (probably online next week).

P

Hi

Paul thanks for your great work. If we dont use gps gate it keep says poor signal & never gets GPS position. With gps gate it creates virtual com port so tomtom able to connect to port and gets signal easily. :lol:

Baskar

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Actually, I don't see a reason to insist on using TomTom anymore... I did use it with my iPaq back then, but now I see iGo8 and Route66 are as good. And both run very flawlessly on my Omnia :D

So, any shortcomings of the latter two or advantages of the former? Just curious after seing so much work being done, just to run it.

PS: Route66 was already given with the device, I did have iGo but didn't see the reasons while I had TT6 and up-to-date maps. Now, TomTom seems nothing but trouble for me.

Hi

Paul thanks for your great work. If we dont use gps gate it keep says poor signal & never gets GPS position. With gps gate it creates virtual com port so tomtom able to connect to port and gets signal easily. :lol:

Baskar

Guest kensong
It is basically a DXHJ1, but faster(when first hard reset) as it is basically "naked". Yup, stable and fast.

I mostly put all my stuff in MyStorage, as well, and I normally get around 30Mb left but this time it is around 50Mb... cool eh..

I kinda put off cooking my own rom

Yup, I did it too. Lean and mean. However, .netCF 3.5 is not preinstalled and I needed to install it though it was stated as added. Also Advanced Config is in /Windows so you need to copy the .lnk to /Programs. Did you install Opera and which version?

Guest new2city
Yup, I did it too. Lean and mean. However, .netCF 3.5 is not preinstalled and I needed to install it though it was stated as added. Also Advanced Config is in /Windows so you need to copy the .lnk to /Programs. Did you install Opera and which version?

Hmm, this is really interesting, this is the second post where someone said .netCF 3.5 is not installed...

But it really is, as I have installed .netCfg which found it. I got Light Saber running(and it needs it) and then ifonz running as well(also needs it). Hmm, the only additional thing I did was use .netCfg to configure apps to use 3.5 ... just itchy...

Still have not found a good Opera version yet. I installed the beta opera downloaded from the website but I just cannot key in a login name and password. I couldnt get into here, so I just went back to Dr.Dot's server and downloaded the version from there..

Opera 9, an old one... see if it is ok tonight...

Guest vinster345

the only issue i've had with this rom so far is battery life. DXHJ1 was greater in terms of that BUT it's gotten rid of the screen blackout issue i was having (the screen would turn off and not be able to come on unless i soft reset it!)

Guest mediavue
Hi

Baskar

Yeah - it annoying to have to use GPSgate, you also have to pay for it too which aint great. Also GPSgate "jumps" the GPS location periodically, which I am assured does not happen with normal TomTom on the omnia (for those that have got it working).

So I am getting the same as above without GPSGate... "says poor signal and never gets a GPS signal". This has been the same on the million and one Roms I have flashed...!

So if you can fix this then there will be a major "whoop" from us TomTom users!

Guest visions77
the only issue i've had with this rom so far is battery life. DXHJ1 was greater in terms of that BUT it's gotten rid of the screen blackout issue i was having (the screen would turn off and not be able to come on unless i soft reset it!)

I using HJ1.. and it's got blackout screen problem again.. need to soft reset few times in a day..

Guest kensong
Hmm, this is really interesting, this is the second post where someone said .netCF 3.5 is not installed...

But it really is, as I have installed .netCfg which found it. I got Light Saber running(and it needs it) and then ifonz running as well(also needs it). Hmm, the only additional thing I did was use .netCfg to configure apps to use 3.5 ... just itchy...

Still have not found a good Opera version yet. I installed the beta opera downloaded from the website but I just cannot key in a login name and password. I couldnt get into here, so I just went back to Dr.Dot's server and downloaded the version from there..

Opera 9, an old one... see if it is ok tonight...

Definitely not there. I cannot even run Task Manager. And when I installed 3.5, it didn't say it was installed. Maybe the install script missed putting it in after the Hard Reset, but I have tried 3 times and it is definitely not there. Once installed, all the apps that needs 3.5 or 2.0 ran just fine.

The Opera I got from XDA was extracted from Omnia but tweaked to run on the Diamond so I lost haptic feedback for scrolling etc in other apps except the Samsung stock apps. So still looking too.

Guest Rednose5

Great Work Paul :lol: . I've also seen some cooking from you with this rom as a basis. Just have to find out what's best. :D

K.R.,

Rednose5

Hi Paul , can you give us a short summary of the diff between J5 & J6 ? we need to know if it worth upgrading , specially for us the non-experts ?

Thanks on advance

Guest lazylilsnoop

hmm i heard the HJ5 sensitivity has been reduced compare to HJ1 (my current model n happy with it except the widget clock) thats y i haven't flash it yet. so will the HJ6 resolve this issue or any new improvements.

will really appreciate those that have flash their omnia n give feedbacks

cheers :D :lol:

Just used the update and in the middle of step 3 updateing phone got a download faild message. Now I have black screen and red light on. Does this mean that my Omnia is dead?

I know I did it on my own risk but do I need to go to Samsung or is there anything I can do?

I had DXHI1 before update.

Guest Rednose5
Just used the update and in the middle of step 3 updateing phone got a download faild message. Now I have black screen and red light on. Does this mean that my Omnia is dead?

I know I did it on my own risk but do I need to go to Samsung or is there anything I can do?

I had DXHI1 before update.

I'm sorry but I think that's what we call "bricked". If I were you I would retry the procedure. And while doing so be sure you've got Samsung's modem driver installed. For sure you need it while flashing your rom. My first attempt in flashing the rom also almost ended like that.

Good luck anyway.

Guest Rednose5

Just flashed my Omnia.

First results:

Screen respons is quite good, still :lol:

Scientific calculator is back :D

Storage:

total: 90.39

In use: 33.68

Free: 56.71

Program:

Total: 97.27

In use: 45.01

Free: 52.23

Just flashed my Omnia.

First results:

Screen respons is quite good, still :lol:

Scientific calculator is back :D

Storage:

total: 90.39

In use: 33.68

Free: 56.71

Program:

Total: 97.27

In use: 45.01

Free: 52.23

Hi, what versions the telephone is displaing now?

Edited by cici