Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest respider
so how do you update?

Do just unrar the first part and set it to update or do u have to unrar the whole parts of it.

Also, do they need to be in the same folder if so how can you because they have the same file names. Thanks

when you extract part1, it automatically extracts the pieces from part 2 and 3, so extracting part 1 is all you need.

yes they need to be in the same directory, and no, they dont have the same name, they can stand in the same dir without problem

after extracting from part 1, just follow the steps spread in this page or in the exe itself

Guest respider
Having problems, With the download link for part1

http://rapidshare.com/files/148636742/i900DXHI2.part1.rar

Managed to download parts 2 and 3 but 1 shows as

"Your IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is already downloading a file. Please wait until the download is completed.

Thing is im not, Yet i can click part 2 or 3 and it starts the countdown??!

Cant someone host elsewhere?

rapidshare bugs

depending on your type of connection, its possible to change your ip address, that should solve the problem

for exemple bridged adsl connections, just reconnect

if you IP is static, the only solution is to wait, I guess... until rapidshare released your ip's lock in the server

Having problems, With the update to DXHI1.

i reinstall the activesync and reinstall the Samsung Modem driver

and when i start the i900DXHI1 i get whiting for the device ...

help pleas

rapidshare bugs

depending on your type of connection, its possible to change your ip address, that should solve the problem

for exemple bridged adsl connections, just reconnect

if you IP is static, the only solution is to wait, I guess... until rapidshare released your ip's lock in the server

This seems to work

http://rsgen.blogspot.com/

Guest jpidrovo

Hello every1

I am trying to update to the i900DXHI2 from DXHH1. I am having problems with this

When I updated to DXHH1 I did no have any problems at all, the update was smooth and easy

This time I am following the steps:

1) I already installed activesync 4.5

2) I aready installed SamsungModem_xp

and 3) I doble click on 1900DXHI2.exe and then it shows a message saying that you need to turn off the device and turn it on again otherwise it wont recognise the divise, I was doing that but nothing would work.

Well, I found out that actually you have to press the soft reset button instead of just turnig on and of the devise, and fianlly it recognised the phone.

then It says press the START button when ready , I pressed and it started downloading the rom I it got stuck on 12%

On the phone there is just the samsung Omnia logo and there is not progress

Its been already something like 20 minuts and it stills on 12%

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

Guest jpidrovo

Hello every1

I am trying to update to the i900DXHI2 from DXHH1. I am having problems with this

When I updated to DXHH1 I did no have any problems at all, the update was smooth and easy

This time I am following the steps:

1) I already installed activesync 4.5

2) I aready installed SamsungModem_xp

and 3) I doble click on 1900DXHI2.exe and then it shows a message saying that you need to turn off the device and turn it on again otherwise it wont recognise the divise, I was doing that but nothing would work.

Well, I found out that actually you have to press the soft reset button instead of just turnig on and of the devise, and fianlly it recognised the phone.

then It says press the START button when ready , I pressed and it started downloading the rom I it got stuck on 12%

On the phone there is just the samsung Omnia logo and there is not progress

Its been already something like 20 minuts and it stills on 12%

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

XIHI5

XXHI4 issues (italian ROM)

i notced that in landscape mode part of the icons and text below icons ( samsung today1) is covered by the scrolling side bar.

with the phone straight the alarm icon is almost not visible ( covered by the scrolling side bar)

and little worse the battery status SOMETIMES won't update. this means that i arrive at night with only the first little part of the indicator gone( the big one,in settings,system,battery menu, the battery indicator in the main screen is full) and if i restart the phone it will eventually update showing also almost half the battery is gone. this issue was present also in the older ROM(official samsung site italian ROM).

last issue sometimes(often) holding the hung up button to unlock the phone it starts the radio program, obviusly i'm not even touching the screen. anyone noticed this things?

I'm at DXHI1 right now and am liking it for the most part and I know and appreciate Secany's work and suggestion to upgrade to DXHI2, but from the release note I haven't really experienced any of the bugs listed.

Only thing that gets me now is the slower speed of a GPS lock with TomTom/GPSGate on HI1 (compared to HH3) and the occasional problems entering text in password fields in various situations.

Beginning to feel as if we're exposing ourselves to flash risk just to swap old bugs for new bugs. Although I felt the responsiveness of HI1 was far better than HH3.

Anyone else go from HI1 to HI2 and notice a marked improvement?

thanx, found grandprix. so after clicking GrandPrix LV image,

select the csc, n then click detect? leave loader, pda phone empty?

I'm trying to add chinese input as well and after clicking detect, the PDA part just shows waiting for the device... and remains grey out.

Edited by Andy Q

Guest hellfire8888

upgraded to DXHi2 without any problem...

anyway i did not notice any improvement yet..

will closely monitor it..

i am still sad cause hard to find game tat work on omnia...and can we put screen saver like the sony experia x1 ..the fish thingy with diff color code..

Can someone who has flashed to DXHI2 please state the Program and Storage Memory? Without the Chinese SIP please as I am quite concern about Storage memory which is sub 100MB with all the ROMs.

Can someone who has flashed to DXHI2 please state the Program and Storage Memory? Without the Chinese SIP please as I am quite concern about Storage memory which is sub 100MB with all the ROMs.

Program:

Total 90.70MB

In Use 47.51

Free 49.19

Storage

Total 89.53

In Use 41.89

Free 47.64

i900DXHI2

FEEL FREE TO COPY AND PASTE LINK TO OTHER FORUM, BUT NO MIRROR PLEASE.

I WANNA SEE HOW MANY DOWNLOAD. THANK YOU.

I already slipt to 3 parts , 44000k each already, so will be easy for download.

http://rapidshare.com/files/148636742/i900DXHI2.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/148621125/i900DXHI2.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/148639638/i900DXHI2.part3.rar

After flashed to i900DXHI2, if you want to use Chinese input, use Grandpix, select only csc: CSC_i900DZHI2 then flash to phone:

I MEAN : DOWNLOAD AND FLASH I900DXHI2 FIRST, IF YOU DON'T WANT CHINESE INPUT, THEN DON'T FLASH I900DZHI2, OTHERWISE, FLASH THIS CSC TO HAVE CHINESE INPUT SUPPORT.

http://rapidshare.com/files/148640528/CSC_i900DZHI2.rar

How to flash this CSC file? kindly advice

thats weird

on my HH3 with the chinese panels

i have :

Program:

Total 91.38MB

In Use 39.19

Free 52.19

Storage

Total 96.71

In Use 44.19

Free 52.52

shouldn't HI2 have more?

Yes, I should think HI2 should have more Storage memory. Anyone knows why since it is without Chinese SIP. I hear battery issues is fixed, so I may sacrifice some storage space and upgrade from my HI1. Can someone verfify battery life is improved?

I have flashed to i900DXHI2, it works great and stability improved again.

i flashed the DZHI2 csc file also. Same procedure as you flash the firmware.

Thanks Secany !! ;)

It's all good with the Chinese SIP, but what I would really like, since I'm married to a Korean, is the Korean SIP.

Anyone know where to get a hold of that, or is it already there, but I just haven't found it yet?

I have flashed to i900DXHI2, it works great and stability improved again.

i flashed the DZHI2 csc file also. Same procedure as you flash the firmware.

Thanks Secany !! ;)

which part did you use because it comes in three parts. thanks

If anyone gives me the instructions to dump the image from the non-branded german rom, then I will upload it this evening ;)

Btw. more infos about the firmware:

PDA: i900XGHI5

PHONE: i900XXHH9

I could also get a e-plus branded german firmware called ANHI1. But don't know how much branding is in this firmware. A friend of me got this firmware on his new i900.

Edited by Backes