Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest a3nalin
2 Fosters for the German Rom :wacko:

plus a good Rothaus Tannenzäpfle from the black forrest or if not wanted a classic Becks... ;)

@ Reddeer2000:

Got to help the german fans here (well, it's been a bit selfish, too :() to get a working german ROM.

Guest jonboyuk

Shaunydub, yes you can flash your O2 Omnia - that's what mine is too. I flashed it from XXHG5 to H1, then H3 (as in here). You can flash directly if you want to go to H3. Bear in mind that you need to make it a 'Singapore' phone prior to upgrade. See Paul's sticky.

Finally, you cannot flash with these tools from XP. My only suggestion is to run a version of XP from a pen drive/portable hard drive. Search in google for TinyXP. In essence, you can boot XP from a pen drive and flash till your heart's content. Take out your pen drive, restart, and you have Vista again ;)

Bón!

Just some notes on HH3.

- I can't seem to get GPS working in Tomtom. :wacko: This may not actually be firmware related, but damn it's annoying me and I don't want to pay for Gpsgate.

- When using Mass USB storage, it copies say 10-20 files (MP3's in this case), then disconnects! I have to unplug and replug it back in! Grrr.

- However...the battery life seems far better than H1 to me.

huh, what's with all this bribery, okay i'm from barbados so I top all the other offers with 1x golden beach, hot sun, blue sea, rum punch & babes in bikinis :wacko: :( ;)

but seeing as I live in UK i'd settle for the best working orange UK rom you have :D

Guest mhg2000
There is i900JPHI1 which contains Arabic, tested by myself. There is a rumor that 1 phone service center in Turkey, and another on UAE have non-branded i900 Arabic and Turkey. If you are living in these country, you can have a check.

Cheers

Well thanks for the feedback.

I live in the UAE, and I checked with the service center here. They don't have (ANY) ROM for the device as they claim it may come by the end of the month. They are telling that we can BUY Arabic enabling by third party until then.

If you have the i900JPHI1 - it would be very helpful to share

Regards,

Great dude!! I need the spanish rom... If you have it, I will invite you a beer!!! ;)

Secany , I'll invite you for a full Arabic style dinner followed by Shisha smoking for the ARABIC ROM

:wacko:

Edited by tsd

HH3/HH3

1. Laggy and buggy

2. Rotation animation now less than H1

3. S2P is not working

4. WebCam is not working

5. SBP Mobile Shell shortcut not working/ hang

6. Throttle launcher hang

I think i will flash back to HH1/HH1, already reset so so many times, problem remain.

HH3/HH3

1. Laggy and buggy

3. S2P is not working

4. WebCam is not working

I think i will flash back to HH1/HH1, already reset so so many times, problem remain.

BANG!!!

I just decided to flash to H3, and you just mentioned the problems....hmmm better wait for further comments from other...

Thanks anyway...

I have had no issues with laggy-ness or rotaion anination. It is moving quite zippy and crisp. I am running SPB mobile shell and it is all good too. (Chokia) did you hard reset before you flashed? I hard reset and flasehed thrice (had to in order to get the memory that was being reported by everyone else).

Guest Jlarsen
HH3/HH3

1. Laggy and buggy

3. S2P is not working

4. WebCam is not working

1, 2,3, 4 and 6 is a negative.... they work real fine here.

I flashed from DXHH1 to DXHH3, didn't hard reset afterwards.

Will the exe update work using Vista or do I need to dig out the old XP machine again and remove the cobwebs.

I need to confirm about the customize brand/non-branded, please give me a hand here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...1-need-to-test/

This is not only for me, but also for yourself, as the lastest Spanish, Italian, German, Portugese, Greek, Polish, etc....... all are branded.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by secany

Guest cidriver

Well, well, I can not flashing from a XP, the main reason is; When I try to flash from HH1 to HH3 the activesync starts to late, so the SGH-I900 V1.6 User Downloader XP said No PDA Device Found...close device. I promise, I follow all the steps but nothing happend, I sleep just 3 hours, yesterday I was the hole day with the device, just a minutes to eat something, I'm going to be cracy, What step I miss? What I doing so wrong?

Help me please, I'm hungry to taste the new HH3.

I'm from Spain and my device now version:

PDA HH1

PHONE HF6

Thanks in advance for your support and care.

I think that he has access to a number of branded ROMs and he is trying to debrand them. Hence the test with the special .csc file.

If you have nothing to loose language wise, try installing the latest image that he put up (HI1/HI2) This is newer than HH9 or HH3 etc.