Kick ass Omnia skins for SPB Mobile Shell

Guest jonboyuk

Guest Octopus1968
Hi all ...

This is amazing stuff ... only I have a small question

does anyone know how to boot straight into the spbMenu and bypass the today screen

For me I have to select it using the right hand soft key and the way I see it is these skins should replace the start screen

Also when I press my end call button it goes right back to the today view and again I think it should go back into the skin main screen

My terminology is probably all wrong but does anyone know what I mean and can help ?

B12

Search for spwatcher on the Internet, this app will call SPB Mobile Shell every time the Today Screen is called. Activate it in "settings\personal\today\items, if it is not already activated after installation.

Make sure, that you are running spbwatcher on an english system (with spb mobile shell in "program files"), otherwise you must create a folder "program files\spb mobile shell\" and copy menulauncher.exe into this folder.

Guest pcbinternet

Hello, installed as per the instructions and menus appear in the tools menu, albeit with a windows icon as though no program is associated with them, when i click them the various option windows come up and thats it, nothing changes, can anybody help please? Thanks

Guest tropolite

Yep...

I concur - these skins Rock!!

Just got my Omnia back from being in Singapore getting fixed for 5 weeks. Flashed it to HH3 added my SPB and installed the skins.

Mmm. Sweet!

And folks - it's worth buying the SPB shell when you can install these skins. There are many options you can change with each skin.

DO IT DO IT DO IT... and you'll luv ur Omnia more n more... ;)

Guys, I seem to be abit stuck with this. I have copied the skins over to the Omnia and run the 'Mortscipt.exe' which appears fine, but when I try to run Install_QVGA.mscr it keeps saying it can't find SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 which is installed in Program Files.

Looked in the Option.ini and the path to SPB is \program files\spb mobile shell so it should pick it up.

Any suggestions?

same problem to me , don't run " install WQVGA "

cannnot findSpb Mobile Shell version2.1

I wish there will be a skin that would constraint the height of grid lists (like all programs, settings, etc).

Currently its 3x3 grid stretched over the whole (big) screen height - this is just a waste of space, and, most importantly, not finger friendly as its hard to reach the top row with finger of the same hand holding the device. Original grid design was made for non wide screen devices.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest chesterfield

Playing with these now, and I have to say they certainly are great - although I do think they may slow it down a little, may be in my head though.

Anyway - one question that is bugging me - how do I change from digital to analogue clock? ;)

Apparently you go to tools, spbskins and in othe options you set it, but when I do that I dont get to set the clock, it takes me through the whole skin install process, Ive tried cancelling at the digital clock screen but that doesnt work either.

its supposed to be this:

changeaclock.jpg

But I dont get the analogue clock option, just all options again...

Edited by chesterfield

already do it for 3 times. do i need another program to work whith ? spb mobile shell for ex ?

if is so, can someone tell me where i can found it ?

thanks a lot

Edited by flo0364

Guest omnia newbie

my working well .. with the skin...but installed in storage card...however, few problems.. if anyone can provide solutions..

1. navigation icon.. is empty !... (I do have Garmin installed in storage card)

2. games icon also is empty! (also installed in storage card directory)

3. how to remove spb skins, after installed.. without removing the whole program..

many thanks to original site supporter.. here is the answer from those people.. great support too!!

to add links into these two lists (Navigaton and MyMenu), select the Programs Page / Settings Button

Choose the Spb Mobile Shell icon. The Spb Settings should appair. Select the Tab "Advanced" on the bottom and click on "Menu...". From the menu tree, select the Navigaton folder (or My Menu) and click on "Menu" (at the bottom right corner). Now you can Add a Link (to an installed program) or a File (photo, video..... select it navigating on your devide folders). It's all. You can organize these menu adding also Sub-Menus and insert into them links following the previous steps.

Same steps to remove skins from the Tool\SpbSkins subfolder.

Regards,

Miki

Edited by omnia newbie

my working well .. with the skin...but installed in storage card...however, few problems.. if anyone can provide solutions..

3. how to remove spb skins, after installed.. without removing the whole program..

You can add or remove icons by going to 'Spb mobile shell' (under the settings icon in programs by default) I think. Go to the advanced tab and then the 'menu' icon. Then select which menu item you want to edit (add, remove, move up etc). I haven't tried removing skins so I can't help you on that one.

Guest gavinfabl

spbwatcher attached. To use it, activate it in the settings, today, items. To remove, untick in today item options and then uninstall.

spbwatcher always brings spb shell into force when the today screen is requested. ie you will never see the today screen

spbwatcher_1_.cab

Edited by gavinfabl

Guest gavinfabl

Somewhere a lot of you guys are going wrong. Have you downloaded the latest package from the authors website?

Look at the first screen. Notice the arrows by the date. Swiping your finger back and forth on the date switches between analogue and digital.

Notice the T-Mobile on top. Press here to bring up the wireless options, phone ,bluetooth and wifi on/off. Press the heart icon next to call log. To enter items in here, go to settings, customize menu and add items in the "my menu".

In the programs tab, you will have arrows either side of the word programs. Swiping left and right brings up mru. In contacts, swipe again 3 times. First list is VIP, Personal and Business contacts.

To install, copy the extracted file into My Storage\SpbMobileShellSkins . When you tap on this directory it must then show 4 directories Commons, Kyro, Luna, Orginal, Scrips.

Tap Scripts. Tap first on Mortscript.exe , Then tap options.mscr, and then install_wqvga . Select language if asked. Now in the scrips folder tap on each skin. After tapping each skin it appears in the spb tools settings in spbskins as shown previously. You can then select here.

Tap on a skin. If will ask if you want to alter the other options. You will get a screen 1st as below. I select the last option.

post-151150-1221634882_thumb.jpg

post-151150-1221634894_thumb.jpg

Guest omnia newbie

hi.. thanks guy.. Closa n Gavin

hey Gavin.. i installed spbwatcher.............went to the today/item.... can seem to find the program

and ofcourse you can click/unclick on Today screen for the tab you want.. including sbp mobile shell/samsung widget and Samsung today 1,2 etc............ plus others..

cant even find spb watcher anywhere . ? how to use

I am just a novice.. dont shoot me...

Guest gavinfabl
hi.. thanks guy.. Closa n Gavin

hey Gavin.. i installed spbwatcher.............went to the today/item.... can seem to find the program

and ofcourse you can click/unclick on Today screen for the tab you want.. including sbp mobile shell/samsung widget and Samsung today 1,2 etc............ plus others..

cant even find spb watcher anywhere . ? how to use

I am just a novice.. dont shoot me...

It should be in the options with samsung today, samsung widget etc...

You will need to soft reset. Application is then started , and loaded into the options. I only have spbwatcher selected.

Hello, excused please the grammar, but software translates.

I have carried out the installation as described. But: The badge heart does not function and I can put no Bluetooth, Wireless, Phone on/off about the provider name.

The button programme, extras no counter is to be seen in the screen, but no button for Wireless or my menu. If I click on these nevertheless areas, the registers open!

So, what is the problem - i don`t now.

Thanks.

Guest FutureDirt

These skins are ridiculously good.

Thankyou whoever created them and thanks to the original poster.

I am absolutely loving the iPhone theme! (weird cos i hate the iPhone itself lol)

Guest daz306td

Quick question..... with the Kyro skin, on the main screen theres an email button, is there a way of directing that button to a particular account ? rather than it keep hitting my outlook email I would prefer it to open my hotmail.

Guest twentyone

Hi Guys,

I installed the skins and they are awesome ;)

I would like to thank gavinfabl for sending me the spwatcher.cab - that was very nice of you Gavin, appreciate it!

Also, I have a couple of questions regarding the skins:

1. Now that I don't use the Today screen anymore, is there a way to activate the flash to use it a s torch ? (used to be long press the + button while on the today screen).

2. Is there a way when I press the CALL button, the skinned contacts list to appear, instead of the default Samsung one?

Thank you :wacko:

P.S. Great forum, really helped me explore my new i900 :(