Introducing... the HTC Touch HD

Guest mobiman2008

Guest FlangeArtist
- No DPAD at all? Scroll wheel? Well the screen is so smooth to scroll on, I don't think there's a need for DPAD. or scroll wheels

It does come with a stylus ;)

- MicroSD slot? Yes it does come with MicroSD slot.

- How big is the battery (mAh)? 1350mAH battery. I think they could have done a little better with the battery though.

- Other hardware buttons on the side? Only volume button on the left side and 3.5mm headset jack on the top.

- You like? Damn! I'm loving this baby. Will post more pics later on :wacko:

Holly carp! Got the Diamon and Touch Pro beat..hands down! Looks like I'll have to start to save my pocket money now!

ridiculous device, ppc ideas killer, gtfo, HTC. HTC is not helping PPC devices evolution - it is just sad.

Are there OLD pocketpc device users?

Look on that s***..

All of a sudden, my Omnia looks rather ordinary again!

dude..plz.

Edited by nothin

Been doing a little measuring on the pictures, and if the dimensions are correct the screen should be 3.5"-4.0". My guess would be 3.8" - and definitely not smaller than 3.5" (if the stated dimensions of the device are correct, of course).

Guest nickcornaglia
ridiculous device, ppc ideas killer, gtfo, HTC. HTC is not helping PPC devices evolution - it is just sad.

Are there OLD pocketpc device users?

Look on that s***..

dude..plz.

I dont understand what you mean.

Guest deadphill

So far as I can tell the +/-'s compared to the diamond:

+'s: Bigger screen, 3.5 headphone jack, slightly bigger battery, poss faster processor but cant remember what it is on the diamond. Slightly better camera

-'s: No d pad, HTC have forgotten to add a decent flash *AGAIN*

Sure it looks great, but Im happy with my diamond, and I really cant tell why I would want to trade it for this device. Im sure its very good and I wouldnt say no to a free one but then I'm not convinced there is enough specs to make me want it over the diamond.

Now if HTC finally got their act together and put a decent camera with a decent, and I mean decent omnia style flash together with the 5mp camera, had a decent frame rate for video recording, and added a few other bits like divx then it might twist it for me.

Still happy with my diamond, and struggling to like or dislike my omnia! I really dont need any more phones right now!!

Cheers

Phill

Yeah, My Omnia should be here today too. We'll see how this goes. Gads, <_<

I put my 1week old Touch Pro on Craigslist already. If HTC had a 5mp Camera with much improved Video (see Nokia) then I would be in Heaven! Or I guess if you look at it this way, If Nokia had a Email client that wasn't Cheesy then I would also be in Heaven. ;)

+'s: Bigger screen, 3.5 headphone jack, slightly bigger battery, poss faster processor but cant remember what it is on the diamond. Slightly better camera

Sure it looks great, but Im happy with my diamond, and I really cant tell why I would want to trade it for this device. Im sure its very good and I wouldnt say no to a free one but then I'm not convinced there is enough specs to make me want it over the diamond.

Now if HTC finally got their act together and put a decent camera with a decent, and I mean decent omnia style flash together with the 5mp camera, had a decent frame rate for video recording, and added a few other bits like divx then it might twist it for me.

Still happy with my diamond, and struggling to like or dislike my omnia! I really dont need any more phones right now!!

Cheers

Phill

Cheers

Phill

I agree with you there. I'm really happy with my Diamond, in the main because it is so incredibly pocketable. The Touch HD appeals only for the larger screen size and resolution, but comes at the price of no D-pad (will Mobipocket allow touch scrolling?) and a broader and taller device. It is more the successor of the Panda and Sedna than the Diamond.

Thank goodness it has the (micro) SD slot. Lack of SD expansion was the only thing stopping me getting a Diamond, and I couldn't really get too attracted to the Diamond Pro as it was (as somebody mentioned) too "chunky". I don't need a keyboard - never use the one on my ancient MDA Vario - and the bigger screen on this beauty will really make a difference to input. Fantastic. If it is out by Christmas then I should able to get myself one when I'm up for contract renewal in the New Year (assuming T-Mobile aren't too slow at releasing their own version of it. They usually aren't but I won't expect anything just in case e.g. Diamond Pro/Vario IV!)

Great news! Solved my worries over getting a Diamond Pro (Vario IV) and carrying around another house brick of a phone for a few years again.

Guest dariog78

I hope HTC make this smartphone with specs, for to complete the best smartphone:

*) WM7 (WM 6.1 are ugly, old and bad UI)

*) 3,5"-4" display with 480x800

*) Capacitive touchscreen

*) 5Mpx camera WITH flash AND autofocus

*) Accelerometer and light sensor

*) 1500 mhA battery (the same of Nokia E71) - 2 day use min

*) Front camera for videocall

*) Gps+Wifi+Bluetooth+HSDPA

Dariog

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.