A Week With the Palm Treo Pro - Mini review.

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

The Treo Pro arrived on my desk last Friday, and since then it's been my phone of choice (that's a long time for me) ;)

I'm not going to do a full review as I'm sure there'll be plenty cropping up shortly but here's a quick summary:-

The Good:- ;)

Build Quality is very nice, looks classy and feels great.

Keyboard although a little cramped is a joy to use - emails and texts are no longer hard work and filled with typo's.

WiFi and GPS work well. GPS gets a fix nice and quickly and runs TomTom6 perfectly and accurately (no lag)

3.5mm headphone socket - wahey!

Size - for some reason in use it looks and feels smaller than it's dimensions and being nice and slim easily slips into (some of) my shirt pockets.

Battery life is as good as I've come to expect - a couple of days with heavy use no problem.

Call quality and signal strength seem as good as any other similar device.

The D pad and action button are a pleasure to use, especially if you've been using "virtual" ones on recent devices.

Even though HTC have had their grubby little hands on the Treo Pro to some extent, there's no music playback glitch that most HTC devices have suffered of late.

The Not So Good:- :wacko:

The screen whilst nice and crisp, is nowhere near as bright or contrasty as other recent devices on the market. Not a major issue, but photos do tend to look a bit flat and lifeless as a result of this.

Plenty of games/apps don't like the 320 x 320 square screen (not the phone's fault) Some fill part of the screen and others won't run at all.

The Bad:- :(

Well lit photos are acceptable but very soft especially at the edges and are nothing to write home about, but indoor shots in less than very good light are poor, under exposed and very noisy :D

Conclusion:- The good points far outway the bad, and it's a keeper! ;)

post-56-1221842455_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221842479_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221842501_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221842515_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221843567_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221843590_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221843608_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221843624_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221843639_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221843655_thumb.jpg

post-56-1221843700_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simon Desser