Change colors Samsung menu's?

Guest DeOS

My next step is planning to have complete icon changes too. Hopefully by end of next week I will be able to post some stuff.

Please do some landscape jobs :lol: :D

for those of you who couldnt overwrite the launcher file in the windows dir with your modified version, try this.

if the launcher file in the windows directory has been modified before, uncheck the attributes with totcmd and MOVE it out of the directory. this will create an original launcher file back in windows dir. go into this original file and uncheck the attributes.

now overwrite it with your latest launcher file.

hope this helps. :lol:

for those of you who couldnt overwrite the launcher file in the windows dir with your modified version, try this.

if the launcher file in the windows directory has been modified before, uncheck the attributes with totcmd and MOVE it out of the directory. this will create an original launcher file back in windows dir. go into this original file and uncheck the attributes.

now overwrite it with your latest launcher file.

hope this helps. :lol:

Dude, that is so not working out for me, everytime I uncheck them and press ok and try to move it it still appears checked, any clues as to why?

Dude, that is so not working out for me, everytime I uncheck them and press ok and try to move it it still appears checked, any clues as to why?

open task manager and close all programs. disable any today screens you have, remove the widget if u have that on.

then try again.

Guest Kovats Miron

I have a question:

I have a "Vodafone" Omnia. But I've only 2 pages in this Menu. I can't modify the first (i use the Iphone style mnu :lol:) and on the second page i have only 11 places to use...:D wich is smoothly week..........

Anybody can help, to make more pages in the menu, like ifonz???

Thanks!

Miron

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found this thread again B) . I do not know how many and if any of you guys are on Secany's donate list but the German O2 ROM sent out last night has the Today 2 effects of the unwired video. I have tried to pull what I thought I would need to put it on my J9 ROM with no success <_< B) . SOOOOO who can help slap this thing around to work on all of our Omnia. It has that affect on 2 different color schemes (black and gray) and it extends to the main menu and short cuts. It will be sweet to have this guys B) . Can anyone tell me what parts are needed so I can extract them B) ?

Edited by 1Mack

Guest broughs
Come on Guys you all know that, THAT unwired video was a big selling point for this phone

2nd that. Can anyone help extract what would be a very useful resource for us all !!!

Stu

Guest devilishsaint
This one looks great! I'll see how it looks like with a fully black background... is there an easy way to get that or do I need to use a black picture as a background?

yup i think black backgrounds go perfect with it...my today screen is perfect now! thanks to everyone! biggrin.gif

3031994217_e88f48a383.jpg?v=0

Hi!

If you want to change the color of the bar to black, change in the registry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Color

BaseHue

change value to "160"

default: "7834962"

i think that its stupid but, maybe, some people like me need the easier help

• 4 weeks later...
yup i think black backgrounds go perfect with it...my today screen is perfect now! thanks to everyone! biggrin.gif

3031994217_e88f48a383.jpg?v=0

HEY,i like this, black icon can you tell me how to do? thx in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sweetpiggy

Is it also possible to change the Dialer ??

yes:D

search in the windows folder, this file:

dialer_bg.jpg

dialer_bg_l.jpg

(make a backup of the files... you could need it for resume)

then replace them whit your favorite picture (whit the same resolution).

bye!:rolleyes:

sorry for my english:D

Guest devilishsaint
HEY,i like this, black icon can you tell me how to do? thx in advance

i'm sorry if i took too long to reply...

i found some very helpful stuff here on this thread that i installed onto my omnia.

three things to be precise...

1) FlatBlack.rar ( 31.11K ) http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=25142

refer to message by broughs on this thread pg. 1

2) SJ_Samsung_Omnia_Today_2_SilverTheme.cab ( 2.78MB ) http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=25146

refer to message by jasonrabbit on this thread pg. 1

3) SJ_Samsung_Omnia_Today_2_BlackTheme.cab ( 2.99MB ) http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=25147

no. (2) and (3) are a little different. u can only use the silver or black theme at one time.

if you want to switch, u have to re-install the one u want. that's how i swap between them anyways.

i hope my explanation is not too difficult to understand.

i've kinda forgotten the exact process that gave me that finished product..hehe..

let me know if u get stuck..i'll try my best to assist u... :rolleyes:

Guest Toki84
Finally found this thread again :( . I do not know how many and if any of you guys are on Secany's donate list but the German O2 ROM sent out last night has the Today 2 effects of the unwired video. I have tried to pull what I thought I would need to put it on my J9 ROM with no success <_< :rolleyes: . SOOOOO who can help slap this thing around to work on all of our Omnia. It has that affect on 2 different color schemes (black and gray) and it extends to the main menu and short cuts. It will be sweet to have this guys :( . Can anyone tell me what parts are needed so I can extract them :) ?

Hi,

I've obviously saw the unwired video  :D by "effects" you mean the white fonts on black/silver theme also in the main menu? If yes, is this a mod by Secany (currently I can't upgrade my Omnia, so I can't try it by myself) or an official upgrade by Samsung?

Let me know.

Best regards.

Guest methadone

Has anyone been able to change the text color on the Main Menu/Shortcuts pages yet?

Been searching through a bunch of threads both here and on xda-dev.. But so far I have not found the answer - is there one?

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest x_iceman_x
To resolve this you may need to change the color of your today start menu text. That's done by editing the registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Colors. Variables 4 and 39 are the main ones, 39 being start menu color and 4 being Today item text colors. 4 should be added or changed to FF FF FF 00 (white), but you can have it whatever you want (00 00 00 00 is black).

I tried what you suggested but i can't seem to replace the mainmenu font color.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Broda

To change the background colors in MENU and SHORTCUTS

1-First find the file Launcher.exe.T1.skin in \windows. The file is hidden.

2-Then you must copy the file to your PC and open it (I've used Reshacker).

3-Then replace the images BMP No 212, 214 (for portrait mode) and No 213 and

215 (for landscape mode) with other bitmap images of the size respectively

240x374 and 400x214.

4- Use in Resco Explorer the "COPY TO" and past Launcher.exe.T1.skin file and

Finally overwrite it in \windows with Resco Explorer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tulius
i'm sorry if i took too long to reply...

i found some very helpful stuff here on this thread that i installed onto my omnia.

three things to be precise...

1) FlatBlack.rar ( 31.11K ) http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=25142

refer to message by broughs on this thread pg. 1

2) SJ_Samsung_Omnia_Today_2_SilverTheme.cab ( 2.78MB ) http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=25146

3) SJ_Samsung_Omnia_Today_2_BlackTheme.cab ( 2.99MB ) http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=25147

no. (2) and (3) are a little different. u can only use the silver or black theme at one time.

if you want to switch, u have to re-install the one u want. that's how i swap between them anyways.

i hope my explanation is not too difficult to understand.

i've kinda forgotten the exact process that gave me that finished product..hehe..

let me know if u get stuck..i'll try my best to assist u... B)

Well guys, I've downloaded and installed both silver and black, but I don't see where to select them.

In fact, when I installed them, each asked me to reboot the phone, but nothing changed.

Please help.

THANKS FOR THIS FORUM! :(