who used I900DXHI3

Guest shaoshao

Hi,

Just tried....switch on flight mode...soft reset..reset flight mode off...phone returns to sim pin log in....and logged in ok.

So appears all is working well.....

Thanks a lot!!!

I am going to flash HI3~~

thank u again!!

Guest omnia newbie

just wanna added my voice (to balance some negative comments).. thats HI3 works fine.. again snappy like HI2... no problem so far, battery is good, signal more stables...... with both GPS (I heard the location fixing issues still a problem,phone, Wifi.. recording video... quality about the same with previous ROM..(=equal terrible with noises)

Guest brilliant-green

hi hi... i just flash to DXHI1 yesterday, and all is working good, except for WIFI, I already connected to my WIFI, but opera/IE can't browse anything, seems like no connection.

Already check the setting, seems all is okay.

Is this WIFI is the issue for DXHI1 ?

Do you guys that use DXHI3 have this problem or not ? Should I upgrade to DXHI3 ?

Please advise.. Many Thanks ;)

Hi,

Somebody reported a problem with Touchplayer working in landscape mode with DXHI3. Is this confirmed ?

Many thanks

I found the answear in another threat. ;)

Is it possible to have a look on change log to this rom ?

Thanks

Edited by jclsm

Guest iTnkD4iAm
hi hi... i just flash to DXHI1 yesterday, and all is working good, except for WIFI, I already connected to my WIFI, but opera/IE can't browse anything, seems like no connection.

Already check the setting, seems all is okay.

Is this WIFI is the issue for DXHI1 ?

Do you guys that use DXHI3 have this problem or not ? ;)

I constantly use WIFI and I've never had that issue in any of the versions. Have you tried getting close to your router and/or resetting it? Or try reconnecting to your router a couple of times?

Edited by iTnkD4iAm

Guest brilliant-green
I constantly use WIFI and I've never had that issue in any of the versions. Have you tried getting close to your router and/or resetting it? Or try reconnecting to your router a couple of times?

Hi hi, yes, i'm close to the router, only 2 meter, and tried to connect and reconnect, re-type the WEP key...

the icon said it's connected to my home wifi, but still can't browse using Opera/IE.

already re-check the setting...

or maybe some wrong setting... anyone have "complete idiot guide to setting the windows mobile wifi" ? haha... ;)

many thanks.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
Hi hi, yes, i'm close to the router, only 2 meter, and tried to connect and reconnect, re-type the WEP key...

the icon said it's connected to my home wifi, but still can't browse using Opera/IE.

If you can see the name of your access point then you are connected. The only thing that comes to my mind is: does your omnia have a clear line of sight to your router? I'm about 2-3 meters from my router w/ a concrete wall and a wooden shelf (spanning the entire wall) and if set my omnia right in front of me I can lose the signal (sometimes I could see that the omnia is disconnected and sometimes it reports it's still connected but unable to send/receive any data until I manually disconnected/reconnect). My USB WIFI adapter has a better antenna than the omnia <_<

Guest protts
already re-check the setting...

or maybe some wrong setting... anyone have "complete idiot guide to setting the windows mobile wifi" ? haha... ;)

might wanna check the internet connection for opera itself. Go the settings tab, connections in Opera and select 'the internet'

i'm running in both wifi n 3G but opera will select wifi over 3G.

Guest iTnkD4iAm
might wanna check the internet connection for opera itself. Go the settings tab, connections in Opera and select 'the internet'

i'm running in both wifi n 3G but opera will select wifi over 3G.

;) I forgot about that. There should also be a setting to automatically choose the connection (settings > browser connection)

Edited by iTnkD4iAm

Guest brilliant-green

hi :wacko: ofcourse no concrete wall between me haha... just me and the router.

already set the opera setting connection, and browser connection to automatic.

still can not. so this must be some problem with flashing to DXHI1 ?

or i should upgrade to DXHI3 ?

thanks2 for your help ;)

Guest Geronymous

I read that the geotagging issue is solved in HI3 (at least it seems you get the correct coordinates)... but has anyone already tried to upload the geotagged pictures to picasaweb, or flickr, or panoramio, or...

Does that work too?

Guest hikurakx
hi :wacko: ofcourse no concrete wall between me haha... just me and the router.

already set the opera setting connection, and browser connection to automatic.

still can not. so this must be some problem with flashing to DXHI1 ?

or i should upgrade to DXHI3 ?

thanks2 for your help ;)

its work for me!!

Guest Massive Attack
I read that the geotagging issue is solved in HI3 (at least it seems you get the correct coordinates)... but has anyone already tried to upload the geotagged pictures to picasaweb, or flickr, or panoramio, or...

Does that work too?

flickr can see that correct coordinate, but i dont know how to auto-plot the image to the map, maybe you know?

Guest Geronymous
flickr can see that correct coordinate, but i dont know how to auto-plot the image to the map, maybe you know?

Thanks for reply... unfortunately I don't use flickr... I use picasaweb.

Could you be so kind to upload a sample picture taken with HI3, so that I can try to upload it in picasaweb (or send it through PM)? I am asking because I am still on HI1 and I am not sure I will be able to flash HI3 in the next couple of days (including reinstalling my apps), before I go on holidays.

Edited by Geronymous

Guest malikms

anybody experiencing the back of the phone is getting hotter than usual if you compare it to the previous rom when you use either GPS ,3G, or HSDPA?

mine is ;)

it is the fastest rom ever though :wacko: IMHO

Guest bobobird
anybody experiencing the back of the phone is getting hotter than usual if you compare it to the previous rom when you use either GPS ,3G, or HSDPA?

mine is ;)

it is the fastest rom ever though :wacko: IMHO

yes it does but not quite as hot as some roms prior to HI1.

One other thing - seems there could be a problem also with the camera - pictures and vids are sort of blurry, previous roms were crystal clear even in less then ideal lighting conditions.

Guest hellfire8888
Thanks for reply... unfortunately I don't use flickr... I use picasaweb.

Could you be so kind to upload a sample picture taken with HI3, so that I can try to upload it in picasaweb (or send it through PM)? I am asking because I am still on HI1 and I am not sure I will be able to flash HI3 in the next couple of days (including reinstalling my apps), before I go on holidays.

this is a sample pic with geo tag taken with omnia HI3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chongchiang/2913434669/

Edited by hellfire8888

Guest vergiskr

Upgraded fromHH3 (bad Battery but all else fine) to HI2 and then HI3. My microphone quality has really dipped since HI2. People I call say there is a lot of disturbance while I speak.

Works fine with my BT headset.

Anyone else have this problem?

Guest Geronymous
this is a sample pic with geo tag taken with omnia HI3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chongchiang/2913434669/

Thanks! Picture is great indeed, and it clearly shows the coordinates. However I am not able to download the picture to try to upload it in picasaweb... in picasaweb, when you upload a picture with coordinates, it will show you a map pointing at where the picture was taken. Or does flickr do that as well?

I assume the picture has been uploaded "as is" after having been taken with your Omnia... any chance you can upload it in rapidshare or something similar so that I can download it and test it with picasaweb? Or a PM is also fine.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Not needed... I saw that I could download myself from flickr... then I uploaded into Picasaweb... and it put it straight away on the map, so GEOTAGGING WORKS NOW!

And now I am upgrading to HI3... wish me luck! ;)

Edited by Geronymous

Some quick tests compared to DXHI2 and DXHI1:

1 - DXHI3 seems to be as fast as DXHI2 (perhaps slightly more reactive).

2 - In Settings -> Sounds & Notifications -> Hardware Buttons: Now we have new sounds. For example, we can hear a sound when using the virtual keyboard.

3 - The GPS signal is seems to be more powerful. In older versions I had between 3 to 4 sats, now I have 4 to 6.

4 - finger scrolling through menus seems a bit easier.

5 - Voice command softwares does not work in Bluetooth mode.

6 - No scientific calculator. Have to install the .Cab found somewhere here.

7 - I managed to run videos from youtube in 3G and WiFi flawless, the Streaming Player didn't work with the ActiveSync connection.

8 - The recording quality is really awful with "Notes" ; even compared to DXHI2 or DXHI1.

9 - Recording sounds and voices through headphones is much better.

10 - Battery life appears to be worse than DXHI2.

7 - No, absolutely doesn't run videos from youtube in Wi-Fi, only in 3G and even in G! Not even CorePlayer works with Wi-Fi, it is not able to play any videos from youtube, while it is designed to do this; I think Wi-Fi has a setup problem that doesn't allow video streaming, and not the players.

Edited by cici

Guest samjuan

11. the looks of the Profiles widget is funny, it is as if windows XP had a graphics card crash or driver issue! I think this has been there all the time right?

Guest totolo
Upgraded fromHH3 (bad Battery but all else fine) to HI2 and then HI3. My microphone quality has really dipped since HI2. People I call say there is a lot of disturbance while I speak.

Works fine with my BT headset.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have tested HI1, HI2 and now HI3. I think the best Rom is HI1.

For me, the microphone sound quality of the Omnia is really bad. The best way to test it is to record phone calls. I have done a lot of volume level adjusting through the *#0002*28346# trick but the microphone is just really crappy. At this time, the only way to have decent sound quality is to use the wired Headsets or BT headsets.

Guest low ws

i just upgrade to HI3, and tested everthing are good, but the auto-rotation have abit problem, when i just on the phone the screen can auto rotating, after use or open some program, the serwwn is dead still can't roatat anymore, have to reset again,

if some ancounter the same problem , pls help me to solve the problem thanks. ;)

Guest malikms

never experience that in DXHI3. the only problem in DXHI3 i encountered is the back heat issue. It came back ;) .....(DXHI1 is much much cooler)