(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Hello.

In my windows directory miss SecContact.exe

could be the reason for donĀ“t work?

It will be hidden, so you have to view hidden and ROM files.

Also for those looking for M2D in other languages, I came across this thread at xda-dev that may help.

Guest Anfloyd
I replaced only the backgrounds, not the clock and tabs.

First I downloaded the original theme posted in this thread by PaSSoa. Next I extracted it. Flash M2D02 to your phone and then back up the theme with the thememanager in program files (Manilla2Dconfig). Copy the backup from your Omnia to your PC and rename it to *.zip. Now extract it or browse using winrar or something and replace hh_fw_background.png with the one in M2D01. Then save or compress to zip format again and save it on your storage card. Now add the zip file with Manilla2Dconfig to your themes and when done select and apply it. Touchlauncher and comm manager have to be edited elsewhere, Ill post that later. I'm of to bed :lol:

Thanks for the help mate. Will try it out. Have to find a way to keep the original clocks and tabs though.

Guest Anfloyd
Please install this CAB to your device and give it a try. Do let me know if it works or not.

Thanks.

Working just fine. Thanks a million! Your time and effort is really appreciated.

Guest Stealth69

Just flashed my phone with this ROM and it has to be said it is friggin brilliant, I am so much happier with my Omnia now....... Whate ever you do for a living normally it is clearly the wrong job, you should be doing this sort of work LOL

I have noticed 1 or 2 little things with it though :

If you go to the media player page and scroll off of it it holds the Media player in memory and uses around 7mb of memory and then keeps thrashing the CPU 60%+

If you go to the settings page, select communications and click the settings button in the bottom right hand corner the Wireless LAN option does nothing where as the others do.

Like I say just small things that are easily worked around just thought I'd let you know :lol:

Keep up the good work mate, it truely is fantastic !

Guest fenomeno83

very nice rom!

but I don't like 1 thing: size of character!

it's too much small!it's good per manila menĆ¹, but for example in contacts list this create a not good effect (with original character is more bold)..

but real problem is in opera..by default visualization in landscape is too much small..with original size character when I open a page, I can scroll it without zoom and can see the contents..with this small character I must zoom a little...

I prefer default samsung character size..

Passoa,what do you think about this?very nice work :lol:

Guest malikms

anybody experiencing the heat back issue is back in this ROM? :lol:

i did, during GPS and HSDPA...

besides that, this ROM rocks!!! great work Passoa.

one more thing when you try to browse picture using the touch flow, u'll notice a scratch animation following your stylus or your finger movement before the picture change. is there any explanation for this? Thx before.

Guest landslot

Hi PaSSoA, just download your custom rom. A new look and seems more fast :lol: Thanks again and a great job.

l notice something not sure is a bug...

1) using Resco explorer to open a 'Photo/Pic' file always take me to the HTC album.. (not opening the photos that i click on) is it the way it should work??

2)Using Music player does not open up the album cover.

3)My M2D will always try to restart itself every 5 mins.. Closed the re open by itself.. ( This happen when i dont softreset for about 2 days and running a few programs at the same time.) Etc Mp3, expolrer....

landslot

Guest u171173

Helpme please: I've the 1st version of this rom, and jusqu'a this morning I've worked very well. Now, when I go over icon of sms, the system freeze. I've do a hard reset, but when I restore the backup, the system freeze again.

Any solution in order to don't reinstall all sw ?

thx

Guest Shadowy
Helpme please: I've the 1st version of this rom, and jusqu'a this morning I've worked very well. Now, when I go over icon of sms, the system freeze. I've do a hard reset, but when I restore the backup, the system freeze again.

Any solution in order to don't reinstall all sw ?

thx

I had a similar thing except mine froze on the email widget. I did a hard reset but no restore, just manual installation, sorry.

Guest Shadowy

Maps search is behaving strangely. When I select Directions from a map, the menu option in the bottom left, goes weird, and another language is displayed. Also, search from a map gives a search box and nothing else.

post-420451-1225445621_thumb.png

post-420451-1225445631_thumb.png

post-420451-1225445639_thumb.png

Guest u171173
I had a similar thing except mine froze on the email widget. I did a hard reset but no restore, just manual installation, sorry.

the problem was a skin. I applied dthe default skin, and now the system works correctly... bizzarro...!

Guest pp56825

i have few questions:

- can i increase number of favorite people ?

- can i add group of programs in program tab?

- how can i browse a program to add in program tab?

hey i found a great tool that in future will replace the ugly Control Panel based on MD2 theme.

Still under development so be patient and not implemented for wgva :lol:

Here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=440896

Maybe us1111 can help a bit? :D Tried to replace with ur program the ControlPanel.exe but through MD2 doesnt work.

If i find it in \Windows\ is working.

post-150032-1225457020_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1225457024_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1225457031_thumb.jpg

Edited by sector

hi guys

love your work, the best thing since sliced bread.

however i have the same problem others have mentioned with the camera - video recording

tried all resolutions and none of them seem to render a proper file. does anyone know why this is occurring?

thanks!

Maps search is behaving strangely. When I select Directions from a map, the menu option in the bottom left, goes weird, and another language is displayed. Also, search from a map gives a search box and nothing else.

Did you install apps that may conflict with gmaps? Don't see why that should be happening as it's not part of M2D.

I'm honoured :lol:

hey i found a great tool that in future will replace the ugly Control Panel based on MD2 theme.

Still under development so be patient and not implemented for wgva :D

Here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=440896

Maybe us1111 can help a bit? ;) Tried to replace with ur program the ControlPanel.exe but through MD2 doesnt work.

If i find it in \Windows\ is working.

Had a look at it, but since it was in beta, I did not dare put it in. Or there may be many more problems.

hi guys

love your work, the best thing since sliced bread.

however i have the same problem others have mentioned with the camera - video recording

tried all resolutions and none of them seem to render a proper file. does anyone know why this is occurring?

thanks!

Not too sure... once again, did you install any apps or codecs that may cause a conflict? I have no problems with photos or video recording.

When I rotate the screen, the start bar is dessapeared. I oly see a green line. <_<

Had encountered that problem before with another custom ROM on another site, but so far everything works well on M2D02.