(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

Guest epfyffer

Hi,

Sorry fot this question but is it a way to benefit of the last version's theme (the smart blue one with analog and small digital clock) on this new D03 version ?

One small bug I discovered : I'm listening misic on my omnia through the today screen widget, if I switch the screen off ot reduce the battery usage the player plays the end of the song, but seems to stop at the end of the song, until I just reactivate the screen.... and then it just continues to play the music... ? Is it a known problem ?

Thanks for your work, this rom is really a nice job !

Attached below is the Messenger CAB, this is not my file, found it at XDA-Dev so thanks to the original uploader. Please test it and let us know if it works for you.

This ROM does not have a chinese CSC, but I think some users have flashed with a chinese CSC and it works. Those who have done it probably can help you more.

Windows Live cab works as it should :lol: PaSSoa.

I have checked it.

Guest Dodger747

Thanks for the effort.

Going to update to this later on. I've been using SPB Shell since I got my Omnia, but I have been interested in how this has developed.

Just need to backup all my programmes etc before attempting it... :lol:

Guest epfyffer
who can post theme of M2D02 version?

here you find it :lol:

just copy the zip file in your 16go storage and through Manilla Custonizer (available in the program list in the V3) you can change the theme by this one..

enjoy

Manila2D_fixed.zip

Flashing all no problem, but gps does not eork in any application after flashing and I can not add new contacts. Zhe button new does not have an effect. Other features are great

Thanks

Hi my friends, as you know I was waiting for the new M2D update 20 to be working before releasing a new version. But thanks to secany, we have a brilliant base ROM based on DTHJ9. Also, I know that there are some of you who are addicted to flashing your devices, so here's a little update before a working version of M2D with landscape support is out :D

I was a little tired of the dark coloured themes and decided to go for something simple with a little more colours. Thanks to kulet78 from xda-dev for allowing me to use and modify his theme to fit the Omnia.

Changes in this version:

- Apps have been optimised, so you get more Free Storage and Program memory than M2D02

- SilverInbox included as it seems to be working now.

- Windows Live removed.

- ASPlayer(StreamingPlayer) removed, so install your favourite streaming player like coreplayer or tcpmp to view certain streams.

- TouchPlayer removed, so windows media will open files. *I will try to provide a CAB for it.

- Zoomer removed. Does anyone even use it? :o

- Fixed UC... hopefully. (please test and let me know)

- Fixed chinese fonts

- Fixed SmartConvertor

- TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7. Note: for "All Programs" to work in M2D, please run the app in Start Menu\Program and tick the option for it to "replace folderview". Also, it is recommended to minimise instead of closing the program as it takes a while to load.

- M2DC v0.19.203

- GoogleMaps v2.2.0.16

**A special thanks to all who have supported me, it's really appreciated, and I apologise if I'm unable to answer all PM's, but I will try to when I have the time. Thanks also to all the excellent developers who program wonderful applications that make WinMo more usable. As you know the Omnia community is small and HTC seem to get all the "goodies", so kudos to all contributors that make our, already brilliant, Samsung Omnia better. **

M2D03 - Download HERE

Mirror

Screenshots:

M2D03-HJ9a.jpgM2D03-HJ9b.jpgM2D03-HJ9c.jpg

M2D03-HJ9d1.jpgM2D03-HJ9d2.jpgM2D03-HJ9d3.jpg

M2D03-HJ9d4.jpgM2D03-HJ9d5.jpgM2D03-HJ9d.jpg

M2D03-HJ9e.jpgM2D03-HJ9f.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

Hi people, here's the next Manilla2D (M2D) version based on DTHJ6, phone version is still the same XXHJ1 but with HJ6 base ROM and according to secany "fixed some bugs in opera, 3G data comm, GPRS, network settings, etc..."

Seems slightly faster but it may be a placebo effect :P

What's new:

- Removed MB, totalcmd

- Fixed Start Menu "Settings" bug

- Added TouchLaunch to M2D under "All Programs"

- Added Windows Live, as popularly requested. (This takes up an extra 5MB or so, hence the difference in Free Storage/Program memory) Note: Live messenger works fine but Hotmail email settings still does not seem to saved in poutlook, but others like Yahoo does, so I'm not too sure what's happening there.

- Added User Customization (UC) as requested. **This is untested so please try and report back if it works or not.**

- New theme, weather icons, etc. Thanks to all who contributed, as usual, I won't be able to have done this if not for you guys.

- New version of M2DCustomizer

- Adjusted security policies so the irritating prompt on unsigned apps do not appear, so please be careful what you install or run.

- The HTCSensor APIs, tried the sensormaze game and it works fine, please test further and let me know.

- "All people" in M2D opens Samsung's scrolling phonebook, dropdown lists (Name/All) now work fine.

- Other small tweaks that I have forgotten

What's not:

- Removed apps are still the same, things like taskswitcher are apps that can be easily installed, infact there is an interesting version of a taskswitcher which RodolfoG posted here. At least the choice is yours :D

- I did not include more themes as there are a few which can be downloaded in this thread.

- Wanted to include iContact but it takes a while to pull out the contacts, so I used the Samsung Phonebook instead.

- G-alarm is pretty resource intensive so I did not cook it in the ROM, furthermore the Alarm notifications on the M2D home screen works fine so I left it as it is. But of course, you can install it if you want.

Note: UC was not cooked in properly, so please manually run SDAutorun.exe to initiate. Sorry...

Please report on any bugs you may encounter, if it is serious enough, I will do an update, if not, the next time I update will be when a newer version of M2D appears. I'll probably start working on a clean/light version as popularly requested.

Have fun and as usual, I am not going to be responsible for you device :lol:

M2D02 - Download HERE

Mirror

Screenshots:

M2D001.jpgM2D01.jpgM2D0002.jpgM2D002.jpg

M2D02.jpgM2D003.jpgM2D03.jpgM2D004.jpg

M2D04.jpgM2D005.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD VERSION

Hey people, if you had read the M2D complete guide by robf80, I had posted a few pictures of a cooked M2D with a few applications removed. After 2 days of testing, it is ready for use. Please note that this may contain bugs that I have not discovered, so use it at your own risk and, of course, I am not responsible for your device ;)

Removed apps:

- DigitalFrame

- FlashLite2

- GoogleLauncher

- NetCF2.0

- PhotoSlides

- Podcasts

- RssReader

- Samsung Today 1

- Samsung Today 2

- Samsung Widget

- Samsung Main Menu / Launcher

- Shozu

- SliverInbox

- TaskSwitcher

- Welcome Center

- Windows Live

Added:

- NetCF3.5

- Working FlashLite3.1

- Magic Button

- Coloured Opera buttons and menu

- Total Commander CE

- Manilla2D update19 (optimised for Omnia's resolution) - thanks to all who contributed in the other thread. Youtube program not included as with FlashLite3.1, you can view it directly from Opera :P

- Manilla2D Customizer v0.13.154 (forgot to add a shortcut in programs, you can find Manilla2Dconfig.exe in the \windows\ folder)

- GPS tweak as suggested, not sure if it works though.. and a few little others

- Comms manager as suggested, does not really like Omnia's resolution and may be a little buggy, but it works. Will search for an alternative for the next version.

Note:

1) After accessing "All Settings" from M2D tab, the "Settings" shortcut under the start menu stops working, I'm not too sure if it's inherent to M2D or it has something to do with the large start menu. Will investigate for the next version, M2D02...

2) When you start GoogleMaps the very first time, click yes to all the security warnings that will appear. Omnia's security policies are a little different to other builds so it doesn't want to be disabled.

Installation:

- Unrar with winrar or similar program

- Run .exe and follow instructions

- As with normal installation, perform it on a WindowsXP pc with proper modem drivers installed.

- If you are having problems after flashing, perform a hard-reset and try again.

M2D01 Download Here

Please try not to mirror it as I would like to know the amount of downloads, I will try to upload it on another server soon.

Edit: M2D01 Mirror Added

Have fun and please report any bugs or suggestions.

Thanks to Paul for this brilliant site, GSeeker2 for finding a good ROM kichen at PDAClan, the very helpful guys at PDAmobiz and all others who contributed at the custom ROM discussion thread. Cheers!

Guest Oizopower

Hello there,

I have to say i am watching this thread now for a week, and finally got the courage to flash my omnia.

This might kinda sound stupid but i want to make sure i have everything done to go and start flashing,

maybe someone can check my list of things done and give me a go or tell me what i have forgotten.

- Installed Windows XP Pro SP3

- Installed all my drivers

- unplugged all my USB devices (except keyboard + mouse)

- Installed Active Sync 4.5

- Installed Samsung modem drivers

- Did a hard reset on my omnia

Am i ready to go or did i forget something?

p.s. PaSSoA you did a awsome job, i hope this project continue for a very long time.

Kindly regards,

Oizo

Edited by Oizopower

that is because taskswitcher is removed. the cab for taskswitcher is placed in either this thread or the custom lite rom thread. i can't be bothered looking for it, but i guess the search function of this forum will help you out :lol:

I know that, but i don't see Tomtom, iGO8, GPSGate in my TaskSwitcher and in my Task Manager ...

Edited by Billou

A nice application that can be include to future roms or you can just install it now to check it.

It is called TaskFacade, it shows you virtually ur running apps and u can multiple close them.

Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=420220

Download and install the app (eg. to My Storage).

I resized the wallpapers for this app for our Omnia for portait and landscape and im attaching them all for download:

Copy paste and overwrite in your installation directory, restart the program.

Better to attach the program to a hard button.

Go to Settings->Button--> assign to menu button that is removed now with M2D

TaskFacade.rar

post-150032-1225916408_thumb.jpg

Guest Oizopower
Hello there,

I have to say i am watching this thread now for a week, and finally got the courage to flash my omnia.

This might kinda sound stupid but i want to make sure i have everything done to go and start flashing,

maybe someone can check my list of things done and give me a go or tell me what i have forgotten.

- Installed Windows XP Pro SP3

- Installed all my drivers

- unplugged all my USB devices (except keyboard + mouse)

- Installed Active Sync 4.5

- Installed Samsung modem drivers

- Did a hard reset on my omnia

Am i ready to go or did i forget something?

p.s. PaSSoA you did a awsome job, i hope this project continue for a very long time.

Kindly regards,

Oizo

just gave it a go , and woohoooo it worked flawlessly, no errors at all

Guest betierrealzale
just installed, loving it!

one question though- how do i change the clock link? i want it to lead to the new samsung clock/alarm application

+1

Guest Flukester

My first post here and just wanted to say thanks to the op for this rom and all the hard work.

This is way and beyond anything I've seen and makes the Omnia a pleasure to use...

BIG thankyou...

Fluke

Guest marcelo737

Hi everyone, I was updating to this new rom , hit the start button, and my omnia went blank, and doesn't start anymore,even when in the wall adapter the red button does not turn on, any help please!!! My previosly rom was the modaco dj6 "something like that"!!

Hope to get some help please!!

Thanks

Guest u171173

Hi, I installed the last version. Is fantastic! But... when in the phonebook I press the button "new"... is as I don't press nothing and is impossible to add a new contact...

Why ?

The inability to add a new contact in the phonebook seems like a bug that needs to be fixed. I'd just wait for a fix or update or if you can find it anywhere, try downloading an alternative phonebook and post if that works.

Guest Oizopower

After some playing with MD203 i have to say... it works pretty amazing !

respect PaSSoA !

I was browsing this thread again in the hope i found a solution to the folowwing thing.

When i make a picture with the omnia camera i wan't it to be on the storage card as normal.

Is there any way to change the default location of the home "Photos and Videos" screen in M2D ?

It seems to go to "/Device/My Documents/My Pictures/" and there are some default pictures in there, how can i change this to "/My Storage/DCIM/100SSCAM/" ?

Might the link be in the HomeSettings.XML file, or the registry somewhere?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, not very familiar with the file linking set-up.