(Update: 24 Nov 08) Custom ROM: Manilla2D with Alternate Landscape (DXHK1/M2D04)

Guest PaSSoA

hey guys! im new here and i was wondering about this ROM...looks really cool...and read through some of the feedback...seems like its working great...want to download and install this myself on my omnia also...but i got a couple of questions though...hope you can help me out...

1. can any1 point me to a guide on how to flash the rom?

- is it the same as upgrading from i900DXHH3/DXHH3 to i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

2. do i need a program to flash the phone...? (other than activesync)

3. do i need to back up my files before i do this...?

and last question...ü

4. will this allow me to play videos on redtube...? hehehe.ü

any and all info is much appreciated...THANKS in advance! B)

Edited by jr23

Guest Barthlon
hey guys! im new here and i was wondering about this ROM...looks really cool...and read through some of the feedback...seems like its working great...want to download and install this myself on my omnia also...but i got a couple of questions though...hope you can help me out...

1. can any1 point me to a guide on how to flash the rom?

- is it the same as upgrading from i900DXHH3/DXHH3 to i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

2. do i need a program to flash the phone...? (other than activesync)

3. do i need to back up my files before i do this...?

and last question...ü

4. will this allow me to play videos on redtube...? hehehe.ü

any and all info is much appreciated...THANKS in advance! B)

1)it is the same as every other upgrade. make sure you are on a xp machine, get the modem drivers (if you don't know where to find those, do a search on this forum) and when everything is installed launch the .exe to upgrade. then follow the steps that the .exe gives you. if you didn't install the modem drivers correctly of if there is something wrong with activesync it won't recognize your device (at least for me this was the case).

2)so yes, you need the modem drivers.

3)always back up your files, just in case. for the intern hd you can choose to format it or not in the .exe, but i always just backup my files.

4)muahahahhahahahah! (i havn't been able to get that to work either, even with flashlite 3 B)B))

cheers!

Here is the modified SECDialer.dll to have both in portait and landscape same design. Maybe Passoa can use it in next rom? B)

Backup SECDialer.dll in \Windows

Copy the one im providing in \Windows and replace. Softreset

Have fun.

SECDialer.rar

post-150032-1227795607_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1227795622_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1227795626_thumb.jpg

post-150032-1227795630_thumb.jpg

Edited by sector

Guest mucuracat
Here is the modified SECDialer.dll to have both in portait and landscape same design. Maybe Passoa can use it in next rom? B)

Backup SECDialer.dll in \Windows

Copy the one im providing in \Windows and replace. Softreset

Have fun.

Great. It was irritating when I use it in my car in landscape and want to make an call.

But when its landscape and call is on, he turns to portrait. :-( It doesn't stay landscape.

Can I turn this off by calling?

Edited by mucuracat

Great. It was irritating when I use it in my car in landscape and want to make an call.

But when its landscape and call is on, he turns to portrait. :-( It doesn't stay landscape.

Can I turn this off by calling?

Its beyond my limits mate B), but u can assign to a button to rotate screen manually.

Go settings--> buttons---> assign there to Rotate/Screen

Guest mucuracat
I still can't get silverinbox to work with the SSMapa2d app,

So, what should i type in :

New program:

Arguments:

Working Dir:

Thanks in Advance

Tip. Go to windows/ right klik on Silverbox select copy.

Go to My Storage/ put silverbox there like shortcut.

Now you can select silverbox with ssmapa2d when you use search option.

Did anybody try to make wifi connection with eduroam (SecureW2)? I tried, but no success because certificate i added, was not on the list in the SecureW2 preferences. I followed the instruction but i still didn't make a successful connection.

Tip. Go to windows/ right klik on Silverbox select copy.

Go to My Storage/ put silverbox there like shortcut.

Now you can select silverbox with ssmapa2d when you use search option.

Ill try that right now, thanks a million

Guest Unisoldrew
That's great, will give it a try. Thanks for your contribution.

I have also uploaded the new TouchPlayer with scrolling Albums, kinda reminds me of the new shell that Hellbender and speleomanic are coming out with. But the Album graphics isn't that sharp and the scrolling a little wonky, guess there will be inprovements in future versions.

Just installed the new CAB, but am getting a problem whereby the app shuts down when i click on ALBUMS.

Any ideas please?

Guest shokka9
Quick question, is this update actually worth it? cause it seems like there is a lot of problems with it already.

It depends my friend, i have it. Have no issues with it. Use it like any other ROM, no problems.

If you do any of the issues reported, then you may encounter problems, you may not.

I watch you tube via coreplayer, or windows media, not thru internet.

You see problems, that are ongoing on not really ROM issues.

Also depends what your current ROM/setup is too.

Did anybody try to make wifi connection with eduroam (SecureW2)? I tried, but no success because certificate i added, was not on the list in the SecureW2 preferences. I followed the instruction but i still didn't make a successful connection.

Yes I use Eduroam and it's working just fine. I had to add the certificates for the first time but i had no problems with it. Had some with my laptop and Visa though. B)

For everyone reading this (and isn't from Slovenia):

Eduroam is the name of our wifi network that's ment for students and teachers.

This really doesn't belong in this topic so you should make a new one next time (you would get more answers that way).

Edited by bpivk

Guest styles88

i have a problem at the wheater im updating the city freiburg in german but its fund nothing

message "unable the data for the city" why can you help me paaso pls

sorry for this bad english ^^

Guest lonerboi
It also happened to me once, I was browsing some Flash streaming sites and thought perhaps some videos caused the problem, when not streaming videos, it has not happened to me.

But even without sounds, the Samsung Alarm did ring.

yea, i've mentioned this before. But i did not stream any flash. I was using coreplayer to play some movies with earpiece. Then somehow when i unplug, sound did not come back.

hi guys

just a small q but havent been able to find the answer in this topic or around the forum - how do i get to add a browser link in the Internet tab? i have seen some screenshots where people have Youtube added in; just wondering where this would be configured.

thanks

Guest bluey09

Hi,

First of all thanks for this great ROM .. works like a charm ... Secondly is it possible to get a cab or etc for original omnia launcher (main menu) so i can assign the top right hand side button to launch the main menu .. And how can i get rid of comm manager and get original wireless manager ???

Thanks

Edited by bluey09

Yes I use Eduroam and it's working just fine. I had to add the certificates for the first time but i had no problems with it. Had some with my laptop and Visa though. B)

For everyone reading this (and isn't from Slovenia):

Eduroam is the name of our wifi network that's ment for students and teachers.

This really doesn't belong in this topic so you should make a new one next time (you would get more answers that way).

I did it today..it works perfectly.

P.s.: Eduroam in not used only in Slovenia. Actually is used in many other universitys.

1)it is the same as every other upgrade. make sure you are on a xp machine, get the modem drivers (if you don't know where to find those, do a search on this forum) and when everything is installed launch the .exe to upgrade. then follow the steps that the .exe gives you. if you didn't install the modem drivers correctly of if there is something wrong with activesync it won't recognize your device (at least for me this was the case).

2)so yes, you need the modem drivers.

3)always back up your files, just in case. for the intern hd you can choose to format it or not in the .exe, but i always just backup my files.

4)muahahahhahahahah! (i havn't been able to get that to work either, even with flashlite 3 B) B) )

cheers!

LOL! thanks for all the info! much appreciated...so i guess, i wont flash the rom for now...since it still wont work...hahaha! (that was really the ONLY thing i wanted to do on my omnia...hehehe. B) B) B) )

I modified the latest original samsung rom.

When i select my current operator with operatorchnger, there are no wap gprs and internet setting. Why?

Could you help me wich file should i update before rom compiling?

Guest evostar

I have flashed it, is a great rom but I found it a bit slower than M2D03. I use memaid to modify the internet setting and got stucked, soft reset again and again also wont help, finally returned back to M2D03. Hopefully a fixed version is out soon..tks