My Omnia

Guest wiggy6230

Guest wiggy6230

Hello to all and credit to all in what Ive done with my Omnia.

Had my Omnia for 3 weeks now and have grow to like it, hated the Voda Samsung ROM so after alot of reading on this site and a few others I took the plunge and went with ,

The New Black Diamond for the Omnia by DR.Dot

You can Find it here as a CAB

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...ina-22-10-2008/

I downloaded this and a moden driver on an XP laptop then followed the instuctions, the end result a slimline Omnia ROM with loads of memory.

K.bmp L.bmp M.bmp

Sorry cant remeber what version ROM it was before, didnt note it down, my bad newbie :-( There was HH3 in it somewhere, anyway

Happy with the extra memory and some useful apps but the UI was still Samsung boring, so again reading this site and a few others I came across Manila2/3D. I used and followed the guide at the link,

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...flo-2d-on-i900/

And it worked really nice, after a bit of playing around with it and re-installing Manila Ive found I dont need the Manila Comm Manager and in touch flow I just disable the settings icon along with a few others I dont use and the end result Im happy with. Have tweeked a few lines in the HTC Home Settings file to alter some of the pages all settings found with in this site.

A.bmp B.bmp C.bmp D.bmp

E.bmp F.bmp G.bmp H.bmp

I.bmp J.bmp

My HTC Home settings,

HTCHomeSettings.xml

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest wiggy6230
how do you get full black taskbars? =x

They are are of the Manila 2D pack. Download it from the link above and look for the file named DiamondQVGA.tsk copy it to your Omnia and then set it as today theme through:

Start- Settings- Today- Then select DiamondQVGA then ok out of Settings

New back ground added, looking class now :-)

post-440402-1225663286_thumb.png

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest wahkao1990
They are are of the Manila 2D pack. Download it from the link above and look for the file named DiamondQVGA.tsk copy it to your Omnia and then set it as today theme through:

Start- Settings- Today- Then select DiamondQVGA then ok out of Settings

New back ground added, looking class now :-)

post-440402-1225663286_thumb.png

Looking good!

By the way, after applying the black taskbar, the calender in the Month view will not show me whether i have appointments on that day or not. Meaning from the month view, there will not be a small indicator that 3rd of November has an appointment.

How's yours?

Guest wiggy6230
Looking good!

By the way, after applying the black taskbar, the calender in the Month view will not show me whether i have appointments on that day or not. Meaning from the month view, there will not be a small indicator that 3rd of November has an appointment.

How's yours?

HI,

Its not something that I use very often on my Omnia setting appointments.

But I have just tried this and all is good on mine, the little triangular tabs are grey coloured I seem to remember them being red when I did set a few when phone was new. Does it show your reminders/appointments in the other views?

Guest DANGAMAN
Looking good!

How's yours?

Hi, I am not very good with phones, I love my new Omnia however how do I get the alarm to wake me up in the morning when the phone is switched off?

Can I have more than one phone books ie. family busniess work friends?

Thanks in advance

Guest wiggy6230
Hi, I am not very good with phones, I love my new Omnia however how do I get the alarm to wake me up in the morning when the phone is switched off?

Can I have more than one phone books ie. family busniess work friends?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I dont use the alarm on my Omnia so not sure at all if that operation is possible on it and as for the phone book I use the standard one on the Omnia, not into if possible dividing my phone book up, as long as my numbers are there is all I need. There may be a way of doing it and I see the possible need for it for some people.

• 1 month later...
Guest wiggy6230

Have made a few more tweeks to my Omnia, mostly spacing on some of the screens.

post-440402-1230068213_thumb.png

post-440402-1230068274_thumb.png

post-440402-1230068257_thumb.png

post-440402-1230068297_thumb.png

post-440402-1230068309_thumb.png

post-440402-1230068321_thumb.png

post-440402-1230068333_thumb.png

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Contemplating one of the Manila ROMS but will wait a bit longer as Im getting used to the HomeSettings lay outfor the little tweeks.

Credit is given to all those that sit and work this stuff out, I just read alot and give it a try on my Omnia.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wiggy6230

Another update from me,

Ive added the following and all works well.

Torchbutton for Omnia, very nice little application.

Spb Screenshot

Resco Explorer, tried the 7 day trial and liked it so payed for full activation.

Credit to all that write/ develop the software/hacks etc.......

Guest uncle wong

accidentally delete some of my internet explorer applications & now cant log in to internet ...how am i going to do now ? download internet explorer from web or go to sevice centre ???plzz help

Guest wiggy6230

I honestly dont know, but it is worth browsing/ searching the forums to see if anyone has uploaded the files you need in the past, or possibly post and ask the question else where within the forum is what Id do if I had this problem.

Sorry Im not much help on this one.