video recorded with the Omnia

Guest zig2101

Guest zig2101

Hi,

The samsung omnia videos seem to be encoded with some codec called "samr" that can't be played in Quicktime. It plays in VLC but without the audio. Does anyone know how to view the videos with audio on anything else besides the Omnia itself?

thanks

Guest zig2101
might want to update your vlc player

I've tried the latest versions of vlc on both mac (0.9.5) and windows vista (0.9.4) with the same results...the omnia firmware Im using is DXHH3, btw

Guest samjuan
I've tried the latest versions of vlc on both mac (0.9.5) and windows vista (0.9.4) with the same results...the omnia firmware Im using is DXHH3, btw

just change the extention to .3gp and it will work

Guest zig2101
dude use this:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/

make sure during installation you use option 7 or 8 which is "lots of stuff" I think.

Regards

thanks for the suggestions... the klite codec pack is more of a windows solution but my main computer is a mac. changing to 3gp, however, allowed me to open the videos in quicktime with sound on both systems. thanks!

Guest samjuan
thanks for the suggestions... the klite codec pack is more of a windows solution but my main computer is a mac. changing to 3gp, however, allowed me to open the videos in quicktime with sound on both systems. thanks!

glad I could help.

Guest samjuan
VGA videos still can't be played with sound on my PC.

I'm using Vista Ultimate 32bit, players WMP, VLC, QT, FFDSHOW codecs.

I don't know about Vista, but if you change the extension to .3gp it should work natively on QT, windows or mac