Entire disc image

Guest miles_muso

Guest miles_muso

Hi All,

As I've been recently playing around with apps and skins, trying to get my handset as I want it, I seem to be forever having to flash the ROM when a certain combination of skins, apps and utilities decide they want to play games with my phone.

But I know that things like Spb shell, iContact, Thumb Cal, etc are not causing any problems, so it seems silly having to install those every time I flash the ROM. So if I wanted to create a image of my phone (Omnia), then would I need to look at the instructions for creating my own ROM? Or is there another way to do this? Is InRegManPlus good enough (although that actually crashed last time I tried to use it).

And one other thing - I think I once came across a forum poster who's signature goodies list included an SPB MS-optimised ROM. I've been trawling the forums for days, but I can't find it and not much joy with Google. Anyone know where it might be?

Thanks for your help over the last 2 weeks - this forum rocks!!

Hi All,

As I've been recently playing around with apps and skins, trying to get my handset as I want it, I seem to be forever having to flash the ROM when a certain combination of skins, apps and utilities decide they want to play games with my phone.

But I know that things like Spb shell, iContact, Thumb Cal, etc are not causing any problems, so it seems silly having to install those every time I flash the ROM. So if I wanted to create a image of my phone (Omnia), then would I need to look at the instructions for creating my own ROM? Or is there another way to do this? Is InRegManPlus good enough (although that actually crashed last time I tried to use it).

And one other thing - I think I once came across a forum poster who's signature goodies list included an SPB MS-optimised ROM. I've been trawling the forums for days, but I can't find it and not much joy with Google. Anyone know where it might be?

Thanks for your help over the last 2 weeks - this forum rocks!!

Maybe my procedure helps you, I don't use a specific ROM: I usually backup the main memory with Sprite Backup. So I have a backup file in my storage (into "backup" directory). This backup contains obviously my contacts, agenda, sms, mails, softs, etc. All.

To restore if something goes wrong, I simply hard reset the phone and restore the backup. The status is the SAME as before.

Concerning My Storage... (I am going beyond your question, I know B) ), I use SyncBack freeware tool (http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/SyncBack/SyncBack.html), but you can use whatever sync tool you may consider. I like SyncBack because it is very customizable. So I set my storage as a mass drive and I synchronize it with my PC. So I have a copy of my storage and indirectly of my phone.

Therefore, if my Omnia crashes completely I can restore first my storage and main memory after that.

Another trick I use is mail2web.com, that enables my to synchronize my tasks, my agenda and my contacts (you need a unlimited internet connection). It means that all my contacts are on a web server, as well as my agenda. I usually add appointments through the website instead of within the phone.

Hope it helps.