Bricked OMNIA

Guest alizamani18

Guest alizamani18

Hi, I wanted to make my dutch i900 english so I flashed it to another fw. But now its dead:

PDA Device Found!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

After Step1 it didn't do anything anymore, only the power button is lighting red and responds to nothing.

Please help me

Guest supertxull
Hi, I wanted to make my dutch i900 english so I flashed it to another fw. But now its dead:

PDA Device Found!

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

After Step1 it didn't do anything anymore, only the power button is lighting red and responds to nothing.

Please help me

The same for me B)

Guest Flukester
The same for me B)

exactly same.. there must be something in common with all these people getting this (and in other threads) that is causing it, hopefully someone will find out as I aint flashing any roms again as been without a phone now for a week and it sucks B)

Guest pdaphonemaster

PDA Device Found!

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

Please help me

I had this occur to me this morning. I was upgrading to Secany's XDHK2 (Hungarian) rom and recieved exactly the same message as above and the process stayed at that stage. The phone was showing omnia logo. I never had this 'download Ebbot twice' before and thinking that the bootsector might not have been overwritten yet and unplugged the usb cable.

The phoen whouldn't respond. I removed the battery and restarted the phone and it was showing a picture of a phone and a yellow exclamation mark next to it. I was cursing loudly at this posit as I kenw I just bricked my phone.

I flashed a total of 10 times before and never had sa single issue until this morning.....

So, I decided to try to flash to an ealier rom and ran DTHJ9 rom updater. As I powerd up the devide, the start button becam active and when I pressed it the flashing process started. Magic!

This time, the process finished normally and the phone was ressurected to my complete bliss.

So, I suggest you try other rom updaters and see if this works.

exactly same.. there must be something in common with all these people getting this (and in other threads) that is causing it, hopefully someone will find out as I aint flashing any roms again as been without a phone now for a week and it sucks B)

I got the same thing. I've had my mobile for three days and tried to flash with Manilla 2D and It stopped on the 'EBOOT' step one phase. I was so annoyed and upset. I thought I was the only one who had this problem. I had to return my phone to Optus Australia and they said they'll check it out but I'll only know what happened on thrusday. Very frustrated. I love my phone. Anyone know what we did wrong. Mine just had the red light illuminating and keeps getting hotter. Unplugged the battery, tried to reset...still nothing. Its with Optus atm, I hope someone firgures out what happened B)

Guest SamCritch

Yeah, I've got the same problem too on the Omnia I've got here in the Netherlands. It came yesterday with Dutch language so I ran the official multilanguage update (after first running the general updater and finding out the Omnia had the latest firmware already installed), left it running in the background on a Vista PC, and when I came back after doing something else, the screen was blank.

Now, if I do a normal reset, it goes through the Samsung Omnia flash screen and ends up at a blue screen (of death!) with some dots up the top left-hand side. If I do a hard reset, it gives me a warning triangle asking me if I want to format, yes or no? Then it says "formatting" and "done" ("ok" or whatever), and goes through the flash screen again, ending up at the blue screen again. I can't get it any further. Any suggestions? Can I do anything to get it back? I need it for some application demos tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Guest pdaphonemaster
Yeah, I've got the same problem too on the Omnia I've got here in the Netherlands. It came yesterday with Dutch language so I ran the official multilanguage update (after first running the general updater and finding out the Omnia had the latest firmware already installed), left it running in the background on a Vista PC, and when I came back after doing something else, the screen was blank.

Now, if I do a normal reset, it goes through the Samsung Omnia flash screen and ends up at a blue screen (of death!) with some dots up the top left-hand side. If I do a hard reset, it gives me a warning triangle asking me if I want to format, yes or no? Then it says "formatting" and "done" ("ok" or whatever), and goes through the flash screen again, ending up at the blue screen again. I can't get it any further. Any suggestions? Can I do anything to get it back? I need it for some application demos tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

The fact that you are seeing Samsung logo at boot up is a good sign. It means the bootloader is kicking in. Rom updaters need just this. So, I suggest you an appropriate updater and flash again. It should work.

Edited by pdaphonemaster

The fact that you are seeing Samsung logo at boot up is a good sign. It means the bootloader is kicking in. Rom updaters need just this. So, I suggest you an appropriate updater and flash again. It should work.

Does anyone actually know what happens if the phone doesn't complete the flashing process i.e becomes 'bricked'? Is it even repairable? Any I'm guessing warranty becomes void and doesn't cover this?

Guest pdaphonemaster
Does anyone actually know what happens if the phone doesn't complete the flashing process i.e becomes 'bricked'? Is it even repairable? Any I'm guessing warranty becomes void and doesn't cover this?

In my case i mistakenly disconnected usb cable during bootinfo downloading phase. When I restarted the phone it didn't even show Samsung Omnia logo. It just showed a phone icon and a yello exclamation mark next to it. However, when I flashed it the second time (to another orm updater, it finished the whole process).

So, in my case, half written bootloader was resurrected by applying another flashing. Nothing special.

In other posts, someone suggested that it might be a subset of omnia's that are more susceptable to bricking due to specific production batch, etc. But in general, people are reporting that when you at least see samsung logo at boot up it might be reflashable. Just try another rom updater and fingers crossed.

Guest Ingvarr
In my case i mistakenly disconnected usb cable during bootinfo downloading phase. When I restarted the phone it didn't even show Samsung Omnia logo. It just showed a phone icon and a yello exclamation mark next to it. However, when I flashed it the second time (to another orm updater, it finished the whole process).

So, in my case, half written bootloader was resurrected by applying another flashing. Nothing special.

In other posts, someone suggested that it might be a subset of omnia's that are more susceptable to bricking due to specific production batch, etc. But in general, people are reporting that when you at least see samsung logo at boot up it might be reflashable. Just try another rom updater and fingers crossed.

It maybe because you've had a new bootloader already.

Seems that at some point Samsung updated the bootloader to make it more resistant to errors in bootloader update.

• 1 month later...
Guest vennerr93

This happened to me. when running grand prix keep running it even if that message comes up and if u leave the phone it does boot. (well it did with mine) leave for 20 seconds or a bit more <_< reply if u want to ask me anything!!!!! :)

Guest terranulius
This happened to me. when running grand prix keep running it even if that message comes up and if u leave the phone it does boot. (well it did with mine) leave for 20 seconds or a bit more <_< reply if u want to ask me anything!!!!! :)

my omnia wont power on after rom flash.

ive been reading here and there looking for m2d with a striped down version rom anticipating better battery life until finally decided to flash my omnia with m2d04_PaS08.

i thought i was going to do ok until the process stopped at rebooting the PDA. but my omnia never did boot. been waiting for too long (almost an hour left by it self connected to usb). check out the pic - this is where i got stucked. so i took it off and try to power on my omnia. it wont turn on.

my prev rom was DZHH3.

i flashed DZHH3 right after i got it from the shop.

right now the phone is cold. unable to turn the power on.

my winxp wont detect it on usb connect because the phone cant power on.

it was fully charged before the flashing.

i didnt hard reset it before the flashing (i thought i wanted to retain my data on my storage)

im dead on what to do because there is nothing i could do when the phone could not power on.

please help.

post-488042-1233158205_thumb.jpg

Guest marcoin

My Omnia was bricked when I flash it using WinXP Home edition SP2. After back from repair, I flashed it with another system using WinXP Pro SP3 with sucess. It may be one of the causes that bricked my Omnia. Hope it helps here.

Guest janice45

This all sound scary If you were only looking to update and not change language or anything else do you think it would go through with out a glitch or do all updates get stuck?

got my phone off ebay and evidently was flashed supposedly with just English before I got it so I'm not even sure where to start this is my version now No idea what is was before or if it changed Any suggestions?

pda- i900dxhg3

phone-i908zhhh2

so far no help no one recognizes the numbers I would love to flash to know what is really on this phone .

This all sound scary If you were only looking to update and not change language or anything else do you think it would go through with out a glitch or do all updates get stuck?

got my phone off ebay and evidently was flashed supposedly with just English before I got it so I'm not even sure where to start this is my version now No idea what is was before or if it changed Any suggestions?

pda- i900dxhg3

phone-i908zhhh2

so far no help no one recognizes the numbers I would love to flash to know what is really on this phone .

have u bought used or brand new? looks like ur phone's got i908 phone part and i900's PDA. if u really wanna flash to latest ROM, make sure that ur phone is not i908E which dont have front camera, if it dose have one, then try to upgrade to one of the official ROM first, DZHJ or DZHK. then u should be all right. if u get incorrect version warning, look for it in this forum, should be the first thread in the ROM section....i've flashed my phone soo many times, i dont even remember :) about a week ago, i was trying to flash one of the custom ROMs here, my got stuck at 20% of PDA loading, and waited about 30 min. so i unpluged it, then i got the same yellow phone thingy on my screen, cant do anything about it. then i posted a question about this problem, and KINGS LEE helped me out. read here http://www.modaco.com/content-page/274945/...r-info/page/40/.

take care guys.

Edited by Lancez

Guest janice45
have u bought used or brand new? looks like ur phone's got i908 phone part and i900's PDA. if u really wanna flash to latest ROM, make sure that ur phone is not i908E which dont have front camera, if it dose have one, then try to upgrade to one of the official ROM first, DZHJ or DZHK. then u should be all right. if u get incorrect version warning, look for it in this forum, should be the first thread in the ROM section....i've flashed my phone soo many times, i dont even remember :) about a week ago, i was trying to flash one of the custom ROMs here, my got stuck at 20% of PDA loading, and waited about 30 min. so i unpluged it, then i got the same yellow phone thingy on my screen, cant do anything about it. then i posted a question about this problem, and KINGS LEE helped me out. read here http://www.modaco.com/content-page/274945/...r-info/page/40/.

take care guys.

Hi

My phone is from ebay and was flashed when i got it. The seller has not got a clue. I just found out he got it used also .I'm not a happy ebayer all I want is to have it up to date and function . Love the phone didn't realise there was no 3 g in this phone for the states either . My learning curve is more like a gap..

thanks

I have no camera on the front so i have no clue as you can tell

Hi

My phone is from ebay and was flashed when i got it. The seller has not got a clue. I just found out he got it used also .I'm not a happy ebayer all I want is to have it up to date and function . Love the phone didn't realise there was no 3 g in this phone for the states either . My learning curve is more like a gap..

thanks

I have no camera on the front so i have no clue as you can tell

sounds like ur phone IS i908E. i havent seen a i908 from hongkong yet, but if im not mistaken, the hongkong version should have front camera too. so i think the best way to do is return ur phone to the seller and get a real i900. the reason that ur phone part is still the i908 because that the seller or the person who sold to seller knows about this. i bought 2 i900s from a local retailer in LA SoCal (black and white), about 600 bucks each.... he's got all kinds of i900s, i mean u can tell when u see the phone version, singapore, porland, france, etc.... but i only choose the singapore version, for the sake of flashing :) if u r in the same area as i am, u can pay them a visit. seeing is believing....dont u think? they have 7 days return policy, what i did was flash it right after i got it..... good luck http://www.addictedtophones.com/

Guest janice45
sounds like ur phone IS i908E. i havent seen a i908 from hongkong yet, but if im not mistaken, the hongkong version should have front camera too. so i think the best way to do is return ur phone to the seller and get a real i900. the reason that ur phone part is still the i908 because that the seller or the person who sold to seller knows about this. i bought 2 i900s from a local retailer in LA SoCal (black and white), about 600 bucks each.... he's got all kinds of i900s, i mean u can tell when u see the phone version, singapore, porland, france, etc.... but i only choose the singapore version, for the sake of flashing :) if u r in the same area as i am, u can pay them a visit. seeing is believing....dont u think? they have 7 days return policy, what i did was flash it right after i got it..... good luck http://www.addictedtophones.com/

You know all the ids on the phone says it's a i900 i took the back of the phone off and the id is for a i900 so could this have been done on a flash or is this a miss marked phone ?

You know all the ids on the phone says it's a i900 i took the back of the phone off and the id is for a i900 so could this have been done on a flash or is this a miss marked phone ?

if ur phone dosent have front camera, then it is NOT a i900. no matter what the lable says. i know that so far, only the chinese version dont have front camera, maybe in other country as well. if u can, return it.... otherwise, u cant flash any one of the ROMs here. but there's always a way to get around it, if u know know what to do.

Guest janice45
if ur phone dosent have front camera, then it is NOT a i900. no matter what the lable says. i know that so far, only the chinese version dont have front camera, maybe in other country as well. if u can, return it.... otherwise, u cant flash any one of the ROMs here. but there's always a way to get around it, if u know know what to do.

I'm sorry by front camera do you mean on the main screen ?

Guest janice45
yes.....upper right hand corner

small circle upper right I see it sorry . is it usable ? the disc and manual I got was not very helpful most of my info I got from this site

thank you for your help

small circle upper right I see it sorry . is it usable ? the disc and manual I got was not very helpful most of my info I got from this site

thank you for your help

dont be sorry, i was as clueless as u r back to few months ago.... :) i've learned a lot from this forum. if u have any questions just ask, im sure a lot people here will be very glad to help u out. about ROM flashing, u can try to upgrade to one of the latest official ROMs first, then pick ur fav custom ROM and flash it. u can find a lot usefull info in the ROM section here. take care.... :D