GPS Problem

Guest dwj

I've just had gps seem to stop working on my X1 for no apparent reason. Both satnav software and google maps cant get a lock. I've tested it with a bluetooth gps and it works perfectly but when I try to use the built in gps it just says it is on but cant find a lock. I have even tried a hard reset and reinstalled everything and wandered around outdoors in different locations but still no lock. Anyone got any ideas brfore I send it back to shop?

I've just had gps seem to stop working on my X1 for no apparent reason. Both satnav software and google maps cant get a lock. I've tested it with a bluetooth gps and it works perfectly but when I try to use the built in gps it just says it is on but cant find a lock. I have even tried a hard reset and reinstalled everything and wandered around outdoors in different locations but still no lock. Anyone got any ideas brfore I send it back to shop?

If you have done a hard reset and you are using the original ROM then this has to be a hardware problem and it will be covered by the warranty for sure.

Yes, I agree. Since called sonyericsson support and they advised me to send back for a replacement. Only worrying thing is that I saw a thread over on xda forums from someone with the exact same problem and symptoms so hopefully its not an ongoing issue.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tylwith

Hi,

i had the same problem after a hard reset the gps was unable to fix.

i have search a lot and it happens that a lot of people have the problem after a hard reset.

it`s not a hardware problem for most cases.

the first fix is ver long to come and can never come.

A solution that worked for me:

Hard reset the phone .

install gpstest from Chartcross

update quick gps.

go outside run gpstest.

check the gps setting .

if you see 9600 bauds as the speed. hard reset again. then the speed must come back to 4800.

You must have a fix in less than 10 mn.

after that google maps and tomtom worked perfectly for me.

cheers