MoDaCo i617 Tweak Pack

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Wizzleby

Hi, I like this tweak pack, but I'd like to still have the sanity check of confirming a cab when I install it. What registry settings are altered to relax this security policy?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest readytogive

:excl: This is my third account that i have created, just to get a hold of this tweak pack. the other two would not let me do anything besides access 'My Controls' for those accounts. Very wierd, oh well done and done now. Thanks for this pack, very sweet to have full possesion over MY phone finally(why do we chuck out all this cash and sign over 2 years of our life to a company just to have them say yes/no to what we may do with OUR phone, because thats what they would say of we broke it, that its OUR phone and WE have to pay for OUR phone)

Peace

P.S. I tried to solicit help from the admins regarding the seemingly mildly disabled accounts, but got no reply after several days, so sorry for the multiple accounts, one of them is Accidental Deadpan(can delete if you wish, or whatever), and I don't remember what the other was, it was a while ago.

Guest coldchillen

i just installed the tweak and erased the att gprs profiles locked earlier. i then went into the gprs section and made a new profile for tmobile mms as my phones unlocked. when i went back to the gprs section, there were no profiles visible, just a blank screen with the 'done' and 'menu' soft keys on the bottom. when i hit menu only select is available and thats greyed out..

uhh, what happened?

Guest Mike Devenney
So i'm loving the BJII at the moment, but there's a few things about the setup when first hard reset that bug me, so i've created a CAB to fix them!

On a freshly 6.1'd BJII, the attached CAB will...

I have a new favorite site! Thanks for the wicked cab(s) Paul. I started my day trying to trick out my BJII to be a running toy like the Nike/iPod thing I've heard about. 6 hours later and I've updated to WM6.1, installed .NET CF 3.5 and have all the control over my phone that a geek like me wants (.NET developer by day).

Love it!

• 2 months later...
Guest Johnternet

Phone was feeling a bit down, upgraded to 6.1, GPS didn't work with GPSed, installed this, all good!!

Worked good when I had 6.0 too...

Thanks for all the efforts here.

;)

• 2 months later...

Hello. I installed the Tweak Pack on my BlackJack II with WM 6.1, and it works great. I'm a newbie, so not as knowledgeable as I should be. But, what I want to do is disable the Proxy so I can get "Remember The Milk" to sync. (That's a Google app to do task management, if you don't know, which you probably do.) I deleted the AT&T WAP proxy, but that didn't fix it. (Of course, I added it back in, so IE would work.)

Any ideas? Or is this the wrong forum?

My email address is JustPlainPhil at sbcglobal dot net

Thanks!

Phil

Hello. I installed the Tweak Pack on my BlackJack II with WM 6.1, and it works great. I'm a newbie, so not as knowledgeable as I should be. But, what I want to do is disable the Proxy so I can get "Remember The Milk" to sync. (That's a Google app to do task management, if you don't know, which you probably do.) I deleted the AT&T WAP proxy, but that didn't fix it. (Of course, I added it back in, so IE would work.)

Any ideas? Or is this the wrong forum?

My email address is JustPlainPhil at sbcglobal dot net

Thanks!

Phil

Suddenly Remember The Milk syncs just fine. The default IE and CV buttons don't work but that's OK - I followed your instructions, and remapped them. Must just be beginner's luck.

Just for grins, what are the new FN key assignments, or where do I go to see them?

Thanks for all you do!

Phil

• 1 month later...
So i'm loving the BJII at the moment, but there's a few things about the setup when first hard reset that bug me, so i've created a CAB to fix them!

On a freshly 6.1'd BJII, the attached CAB will...

- Unlock the GPRS settings so you can edit / delete them

- Unlock the Proxy settings so you can edit / delete them

- Enabled GPS on COM6

- Relax security policies so you can do what you want on your device

- Enable Internet Sharing for any connection you choose (rather than just AT&T!)

- Unlock FN Key mappings so you can change them all, including the predefined ones

- Remap the AT&T hardware key to IE (without loading their homepage!)

- Remap the Cellular Video button to Windows Media player

The CAB is also AppToDate enabled, so if you install AppToDate from here, you can receive notification updates. If there's a tweak you think should be 'in', let me know!

MoDaCo_i617_Tweak_Pack.CAB

Have you noticed how when you restructure the start menu to get rid of the AT&T crap, specifically when you remove / move the 'Applications' folder, the camera hardware button stops working? How annoying! Well, there's a cure now, in the form of a second CAB which installs a 'hidden' Applications directory with the camera link in! You can't see it on the start menu, but it makes that hardware button work again. Yay!

MoDaCo_i617_Camera_Key_Fix.cab

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

PS To install a CAB, copy it to your device and run it from File Explorer.

Hi paul, looks like a great cab however it doesn't seem to work for me. I say this because after installing i still can not delete the telstra locked gprs setting and the camera button still works. Previous to trying your cab i went into the service menu and changed the gprs setting in preconfig but it does a auto reset after and puts telstra back in. Seems they have their branded phones locked down good.

I have a new telstra (australia) branded i617 i617dvhh6 rev0.3 shipped with 6.1 latest i believe. Using a vodafone sim and have cleaned it up as much as i can and installed surreal, registry editor, framework 3.5 as well as got garmin working. should be happy but it would be great to :

1 change the telstra bigpond in the task bar above right soft key and map it to somethiing else

2 remap the two keys right of the shift/cap which are currently telstra myplace (full of telstra stuff like foxtel, trading post and alot more) + telstra business which opens explorer to god knows what.

remapping these would be good, remapping and deleting all the junk they link to would be ideal. Any help with a cab or registry directions would be greatly apprecited.