Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

Guest Clairvoyant

I have flashed my Omnia to DXHK1/M2D04 version with telephone DXHK1.

I want to flash to the latest Vodaphone UK ROM (I think is i900ACHJ2)

What to I change the Customer version too.

Please help me.

Edited by Clairvoyant

My Phone IS: PDA: i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

PHONE: i900XXHI5

Please Help me to change my version to DXKH3...i tried what u said but i didn't managed it...the same problem...incorrect software version...pls tell me what i need to change in regedit and in hexedit...PLS PLS PLS HELP...

Guest Larsson
Hi excellent tutorial all respect to you. Works very well.

I however have the following problem, have searched on Modaco and Google without any luck.

The phone boots fine and it syncs with my pc with no problem. I can copy files in install apps. If I plug in the usb cable and reset my phone for flashing, the phone just sits on the Samsung Omnia (First Boot) Screen. If i pull the usb and reset the phone it boots up fine. I have also tried two other pc's. For some reason the phone willnot pass the bootloader if the usb is plugged in no matter if flashing or not. Has anyone else had this problem?

This worked fine until upgraded to this PDA/PHONE ROM.

PDA: I900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

PHONE: i900DXHJ1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Does anyone have any suggestions, regarding the above. Cant find any solutions anywhere on the web.

Thanks for all the help

Does anyone have any suggestions, regarding the above. Cant find any solutions anywhere on the web.

Thanks for all the help

A silly question perhaps, but did you press the "Start" button on the updater screen?

Guest Larsson
A silly question perhaps, but did you press the "Start" button on the updater screen?

Updater screen remains greyed out so unable to press start.

The phone just freezes in bootloader mode when connected by usb, is ok any other time, obviously I need it connected to flash though.

Thanks though PDA

Guest aridoasis

hi, i'm try to update to i900DXHK3... (philippines), but got the "incorrect software version" thing

my device

pda: i900DXHG3/DZHG3

phone: i900DXHG3

do i follow the same procedure or is there something different that i need to do?

i haven't attempted to update yet, but i already extracted the update.exe from tha samsung updater, but i didn't do any hex edits yet.

Edited by aridoasis

hi, i'm try to update to i900DXHK3... (philippines), but got the "incorrect software version" thing

my device

pda: i900DXHG3/DZHG3

phone: i900DXHG3

do i follow the same procedure or is there something different that i need to do?

i haven't attempted to update yet, but i already extracted the update.exe from tha samsung updater, but i didn't do any hex edits yet.

You don't have to do anything ... go to Samsung website, select Singapore and download DZHK3 ... execute the file and that's it:P

My first rom is

i900 PDA:I900XXHJ4/RNHJ1,PHONE:i900XXHI5,

and new rom is custom rom from MoDaCo post

i900 PDA:I900DXHL3/RNHJ1,PHONE:i900DXHL3

how can i go back to the first rom?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think is possible ...

Thanks for reply but have tried hard reset to no avail.

Phone will just not start up when connected to pc with usb. As said tried various computers and operating systems but still the same.

So basically I have a phone I cannot upgrade with new firmware.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Larsson

I don't know what to say, try to flash the phone to any custom room ... or an older one ... and if it works try then HK3 ...

mikey... I click at values when I am at Version... but there are no values inside there to be modified! I've already tried 1909328083058203 times... lol

So? :)

Try any custom ROM and then an official one...

Can you help me Mik3y?

Version PDA - i900JPHI5/JPHI5 : i900JVHI3

target rom DXHK3

I followed your procedure:

1. Changed phone country to Philippines.

2. Regedit to DXHJ1

3. Hexedit to the second instance from the bottom to i900XX

Still Incorrect software version, but when i hexedit to i900JP it passed.

When downloading 1st file reaches 10% always got the message "Image upgrade fail. Please manually reset the device and execute the program again.

Pls. help me, want to upgrade to DXHK3.

I've updated my phone and other phones several times but all went fine ... search the forum or google for your problem ...

I have flashed my Omnia to DXHK1/M2D04 version with telephone DXHK1.

I want to flash to the latest Vodaphone UK ROM (I think is i900ACHJ2)

What to I change the Customer version too.

Please help me.

I don't know ... i haven't seen any branded Omnia yet ... you'll find the answer in Update.exe ... open the file in an hex editor.

Guest aridoasis
You don't have to do anything ... go to Samsung website, select Singapore and download DZHK3 ... execute the file and that's it:P

alright, i'll try it when i get home. thanks.

Guest Clairvoyant
I don't know ... i haven't seen any branded Omnia yet ... you'll find the answer in Update.exe ... open the file in an hex editor.

CAn you tell me what Im looking for then. please..

Guest WAIKIKI728
After hours of searching trough the internet i managed to figure out how to flash any ROM from Samsung official website http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

One week ago i flashed my Omnia to DXHJ1 (main benefit is the battery lifetime - 4 days using only phone vs. 2 days on XXHI1), yesterday i found the new ROM for UK MSHJ1 and i was curious about the changes so I've decided to try it.

How to solve "Incorrect software version!"

First check ROM version, you'll need it later (To find your Omnia version, please click Start arrow_ver.gifSettings arrow_ver.gifSystem tab arrow_ver.gif Your version of Omnia menu. )

My first ROM was: PDA : i900XXHI1/XFHI1 - PHONE i900XXHH9

Second: PDA : i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1 - PHONE i900DXHJ1

Third: PDA : i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1 - PHONE i900XXHI5

What i did to change it from DXHJ1/DXHJ1 to XXHJ4/MSHJ1:

1. Change the phone to UK (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'UK', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

2. Change the version in the phone's registry (from DXHJ1 to XXHG1 - to be inferior to XXHJ1, otherwise you'll get ".. already the latest version ..." message)

- upload regedit.exe to phone

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1

3. Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

4. Hex edit UPDATE.exe. (i've used xvi32)

- open file in editor

- scroll to the end of file

- search up (or from end) for i900XX

- change the second result to i900DX

- save and exit

5. Flash the phone using hex edited UPDATE.exe :) .

6. Change back to your country. (see step 1).

BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING. "MY STORAGE" WILL BE FORMATED!!! SO COPY ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE FLASHING.

BE SURE YOU HAVE SAMSUNG MODEM INSTALLED.

I used this method to go back to DXHJ1 because i didn't like the UK version (Network cannot be dragged to widget's bar, Opera build was older).

Flashing may kill the phone. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I have bought in Spain one Omnia but i am German .....I would like to updated for one official udated for Vista...i only have Vista :D ....what kind of code i have to write for updating.....?.i have already downloaded the rom from samsungmobile writing one german version AMHG5 but when i execute the .exe it appears in Spanish "incorrect software version" so i am trying by your way but i miss this number or ....another idea ...can i update to a UK version and then to a German....I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

sorry for my bad english..

i'd bought omnia in indonesia..

first version is DXHJ1..

after that i upgrading my omnia version into DXHL2 by lufeig..

when i want to upgrade into DXHK3 from samsung official site, it's said 'Incorrect Version' or something like that..

i already followed the instruction from post 1 but it's still same, still pop up 'Incorrect Version'..

Can anyone help me? :):(

Guest u8mypinkcookies

i wanna update my omnia... help! which version should i install? tried using dxhk3 and dzhk3 from the website but both appeared as incorrect software version..

my phone's version:

PDA: i900DXHH3/DZHH3

Phone: i900DXHH3

:)

Edited by u8mypinkcookies

sorry for my bad english..

i'd bought omnia in indonesia..

first version is DXHJ1..

after that i upgrading my omnia version into DXHL2 by lufeig..

when i want to upgrade into DXHK3 from samsung official site, it's said 'Incorrect Version' or something like that..

i already followed the instruction from post 1 but it's still same, still pop up 'Incorrect Version'..

Can anyone help me? :) :D

Change phine version using registry editor to DXHH1 (see my first post) ... also set the phone to Philippines ...

i wanna update my omnia... help! which version should i install? tried using dxhk3 and dzhk3 from the website but both appeared as incorrect software version..

my phone's version:

PDA: i900DXHH3/DZHH3

Phone: i900DXHH3

:)

Select Singapore and download the firmware ... change the country to Singapore (see step 1 from my first post) ... update the phone ...

I have bought in Spain one Omnia but i am German .....I would like to updated for one official udated for Vista...i only have Vista :) ....what kind of code i have to write for updating.....?.i have already downloaded the rom from samsungmobile writing one german version AMHG5 but when i execute the .exe it appears in Spanish "incorrect software version" so i am trying by your way but i miss this number or ....another idea ...can i update to a UK version and then to a German....I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

I haven't try on Vista ... try from a computer with XP ...

Select Singapore and download the firmware ... change the country to Singapore (see step 1 from my first post) ... update the phone ...

Well...I have DXHH3 in both PDA and Phone.

Tried changing registry but Custom Version folder doesn't appear on my Omnias registry.

Also, tried to change the version on the UPDATE.EXE, but in my Vista, there's no UPDATE.EXE at all.

The first steps are completed (switched the phone to Singapore).

So, I can't do anything because I still have this INCORRECT VERSION.

After hours of searching trough the internet i managed to figure out how to flash any ROM from Samsung official website http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

One week ago i flashed my Omnia to DXHJ1 (main benefit is the battery lifetime - 4 days using only phone vs. 2 days on XXHI1), yesterday i found the new ROM for UK MSHJ1 and i was curious about the changes so I've decided to try it.

How to solve "Incorrect software version!"

First check ROM version, you'll need it later (To find your Omnia version, please click Start arrow_ver.gifSettings arrow_ver.gifSystem tab arrow_ver.gif Your version of Omnia menu. )

My first ROM was: PDA : i900XXHI1/XFHI1 - PHONE i900XXHH9

Second: PDA : i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1 - PHONE i900DXHJ1

Third: PDA : i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1 - PHONE i900XXHI5

What i did to change it from DXHJ1/DXHJ1 to XXHJ4/MSHJ1:

1. Change the phone to UK (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'UK', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

2. Change the version in the phone's registry (from DXHJ1 to XXHG1 - to be inferior to XXHJ1, otherwise you'll get ".. already the latest version ..." message)

- upload regedit.exe to phone

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1

3. Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

4. Hex edit UPDATE.exe. (i've used xvi32)

- open file in editor

- scroll to the end of file

- search up (or from end) for i900XX

- change the second result to i900DX

- save and exit

5. Flash the phone using hex edited UPDATE.exe :) .

6. Change back to your country. (see step 1).

BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING. "MY STORAGE" WILL BE FORMATED!!! SO COPY ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE FLASHING.

BE SURE YOU HAVE SAMSUNG MODEM INSTALLED.

I used this method to go back to DXHJ1 because i didn't like the UK version (Network cannot be dragged to widget's bar, Opera build was older).

Flashing may kill the phone. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I don't have this Chain in my Registry on the phone.

"- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1"

What's next?

Well...I have DXHH3 in both PDA and Phone.

Tried changing registry but Custom Version folder doesn't appear on my Omnias registry.

Also, tried to change the version on the UPDATE.EXE, but in my Vista, there's no UPDATE.EXE at all.

The first steps are completed (switched the phone to Singapore).

So, I can't do anything because I still have this INCORRECT VERSION.

In a previous post you said that you have "PDA: i900DXHH3/DZHH3 " ... now "I have DXHH3 in both PDA and Phone." ... so witch one is correct?