I think I have found it at last

Guest shirozina

Guest shirozina

After trying various apps which replace the retarded WM interface I think I may have found the ideal one with Winterface. A set of editable finger sized push button icons for selecting the functions you want on sliding screens ( OK thanks to the iphone). I have one screen set up with all my everyday apps like phone, email, contacts and Tom Tom etc, the next screen is my most used contacts and the third screen is for little used apps like the calculator, comm manager etc. There is also a slide to unlock feature so I don't need S2U anymore. Response time seems OK but not quite as snappy as an iphone. I keep a maximum of 12 icons to a page so I have blank space on the bottom of the screen to slide between pages without accidentaly activating an app. It may be OK to fiddle with the WM interface as a handheld device but as I use mine a lot in the car on it's Brodit mount this is simply not an option. Now I can very easily and with 1 finger select phone, TomTom and Audio. This is like going from operating a PC with command line keyboard inputs to a mouse and pointer - does anyone think MS will ever take it's head out of the sand and implement something that you can practicaly operate a WM device with?

• 1 month later...

Winterface is tops, using it for months, however didn't like the lack of control i had over it. So i've moved on to RLtoday, a great open source UI that's fully customizsable and a smaller memory footprint too.

http://rotlaus-software.de/projects/rltoday/

Guest shirozina
Winterface is tops, using it for months, however didn't like the lack of control i had over it. So i've moved on to RLtoday, a great open source UI that's fully customizsable and a smaller memory footprint too.

http://rotlaus-software.de/projects/rltoday/

Thanks - I'll check it out.