UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest jakedoza
Theres a couple of i910 ROM dumps floating around in the ROM section already. The problem is (or was at least) that there is no way to flash the dumped ROM back to the Omnia, and it didn't contain any of the radio firmware, only the Windows Mobile files. Maybe with the new flasher program problem 1 is solved...

so there is no way to get it back on the phone?... hrrrrmmmmm

that was the point of me wanting to dump it so if needed I could go back to the original.

Guest avluis
so there is no way to get it back on the phone?... hrrrrmmmmm

that was the point of me wanting to dump it so if needed I could go back to the original.

sol on that backup firmware, but how it is looking right now, maybe we won't need it after all.

Guest jakedoza
sol on that backup firmware, but how it is looking right now, maybe we won't need it after all.

yeah... at this point I may just wait.. I run my business off my phone, so I absolutely cannot have my phone not working.

Guest 91dancer

If I flash, will I need to reinstall programs and apps individually or can I restore from sktools all system backup or will that undo what the flash changes. pardon the newb question.

Guest necosino

I guess that's why this wasn't publicly released yet, if VZNav can't even read the GPS, it defeats their entire money-making scheme!

Has anyone played around with GPSServer yet? I really think that with this ROM we'll be able to get the GPS working from what others have posted. It also seems like 2/12 so far had issues flashing, and that was because they had the initialize phone checked during flashing. I'm feeling pretty confident and will def. flash when I get home :excl:

Guest necosino
If I flash, will I need to reinstall programs and apps individually or can I restore from sktools all system backup or will that undo what the flash changes. pardon the newb question.

I'd stick to a fresh install, and just restore your contacts, email accounts, etc like that.

Guest Adrynalyne
I guess that's why this wasn't publicly released yet, if VZNav can't even read the GPS, it defeats their entire money-making scheme!

Has anyone played around with GPSServer yet? I really think that with this ROM we'll be able to get the GPS working from what others have posted. It also seems like 2/12 so far had issues flashing, and that was because they had the initialize phone checked during flashing. I'm feeling pretty confident and will def. flash when I get home :excl:

Erm...VZNav works.

Guest klinc
It looks like I need a DMU reset. Unless anyone knows an automated way to do this, I guess I have to call.

Going home to get my old phone now. Wll check back when I get back to work. Let me know if you get it wokring and how.

Guest JDawg183

Ok everyone fasten your seatbelts, I have some (potentially) very exciting news. Whothis over at howardforums was able to get me a ROM dump of his Telus Omnia that has working GPS. Between that and the great files that azintegra provided us, I think that M Moogle or Jastech or one of you other geniuses may be able to cook something up that will make it work. He said that he would upload the Rom tonight when he gets home, and I in turn will provide the megaupload or filedropper link to it. Heres hoping this helps!!! If I am being stupid and it wont, sorry for the underwhelming announcement. :excl:

Guest blazingwolf
It looks like I need a DMU reset. Unless anyone knows an automated way to do this, I guess I have to call.

Yeah, this happens sometimes (at least it did on all of the older phones). Just tell them you did a hard reset and now it won't authenticate. They should be able to get you up and running again.

Guest necosino
I'm going to try this method. It's supposed to help with data malfunctions, it could help with yours too.

It really does seem like it would, as long as the MEID or something didn't get messed up in the process. Let us know :excl:

Only 4 hours and I'll have mine flashing to play with, too!

Guest klinc

GREAT NEWS!!!

Ok went home and grabed old phone(LG VX9900). Came back to office and logged into my verizon and did the ESN change for my old phone under my account. I waited 5 minutes and dialed *228 option 3 on old phone. Went through the process, said it was already in the system and I then held on the line for it to program.

Waited about 5 more minutes and logged back into My Verizon and changed ESN back to the OMNIA. Waited 5 minutes and called *228 option 3. Went through the process and said again it was already in the system and to hold to program the phone. It went through the programming of the phone and then the phone rebooted.

Phone came back up and I dialed the office number here fine. Pulled up Opera and it connected to the internet and pulled up a couple web pages.

There is my fix... Hopefully will work for others.

Edited by klinc

Guest blazingwolf
I'm going to try this method. It's supposed to help with data malfunctions, it could help with yours too.

You can if you want to but if you do what I said in the other post you should be up and running again. They don't usually ask to many questions so you won't have to really explain why.

Guest aleis
Ok everyone fasten your seatbelts, I have some (potentially) very exciting news. Whothis over at howardforums was able to get me a ROM dump of his Telus Omnia that has working GPS. Between that and the great files that azintegra provided us, I think that M Moogle or Jastech or one of you other geniuses may be able to cook something up that will make it work. He said that he would upload the Rom tonight when he gets home, and I in turn will provide the megaupload or filedropper link to it. Heres hoping this helps!!! If I am being stupid and it wont, sorry for the underwhelming announcement. :excl:

im following you guy! :excl:

i think i`ll follow for a few more days to get the best rom :excl:

Guest necosino

I doubt they'll be able to start cooking and release a ROM in a few days.. a few weeks, maybe.. For now, I'll be flashing over to this ROM. There are no limits to the number of times you flash, so you can switch between ROMs at will when they start to be released :excl:

Guest blazingwolf
I doubt they'll be able to start cooking and release a ROM in a few days.. a few weeks, maybe.. For now, I'll be flashing over to this ROM. There are no limits to the number of times you flash, so you can switch between ROMs at will when they start to be released :excl:

I doubt it will take weeks. It will depend how many people get started on this from the beginning though.

Guest necosino

For those that have flashed, has anyone tried using GPSTest or GPSGate/Server yet? I'd really like to get this back on track to try unlocking the GPS!

Guest Echew

Just flashed my phone and i will tell everyone this, don't waste your time with Sammy PST. The UMDL worked like a charm following the instructions in the PDF. Per advise from otheres, I did not check the Phone Bootloader Update and the Phone Inisialization options. It took about 10 minutes total. Didn't even need to do a *228 as i was able to make data connections (EVDO) and voice calls without issue.

Now, back to the topic. On this build, I did notice that WLS now takes forever trying to make a GPS connection using the GPS intermediate driver setting (where as before it would time out almost immediately). So there is something different with this build that is allowing the GPS to at least be seen by WLS. Also, the "Locate Me" option that fires does the same thing - takes forever then times out. I'm going to go back through the threads and find the registry hack that enabled the Intermediate GPS in the control pannel and see if i can narrow it down some more without using other tools...

Guest blazingwolf
For those that have flashed, has anyone tried using GPSTest or GPSGate/Server yet? I'd really like to get this back on track to try unlocking the GPS!

I put the GPS server on a little bit ago but I am having no luck with it right now. I plan to keep playing thpough.

Guest necosino

I'm almost positive in this ROM, the GPS is unlocked, but the data is still encrypted (Hence why one person said Live! showed them in the ocean, like when we would run Google Maps with GPSTest and have similar results)

We just need to figure out how to decrypt the GPS code into something usable, which, I guess is where we were before, but this just confirms that the GPS is (kind of) unlocked.