UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest blazingwolf
I downloaded the img file and i cant open it using PowerISO...

Is anyone else having this problem?

Why would you want to do that?

You will need different tools to actually open the file to see what is in it.

Guest somedude

I always used PowerISO to open up all my .img files and extract them...

So what software can i use to extract the files?

Guest AngusATAT

I'm very impressed. I'll be getting my Omnia in a week, and once I have this fix applied and the GPS is working, I'll be happy to donate to the guy who made it all possible.

I'm also very excited about the possibilities of new ROMs for the i910. I can't wait to see what can be done now.

Guest jhickey

The PDF flashing method unlocks the GPS, correct? If so, I'm having a problem with mine, even with the correct settings for Google Maps. :-\ It will say "Initializing GPS..." then gives me a message saying "No GPS receiver was found." Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by jhickey

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Here comes the flood...

Everyone just wait till the tutorials are up please otherwise we'll all be answering this 27 times an hour.

S

Guest somedude
WE NEED URGENT ASSISTANT FROM THE MASTER!

we have the cdma version of the i900, but the GPS is locked!!

does anyone know how to unlock it???

ALSO

we need roms!! :excl:

HELP!! :excl:

I cant believe this was made about 5 months ago.

I also cant believe we had to wait 5 months for this fix, while verizon was sitting on it since feb. I really really really really really HATE verizon.

Edited by somedude

Guest DeepBlueEditor

I also cant believe we had to wait 5 months for this fix, while verizon was sitting on it since feb. I really really really really really HATE verizon.

R&D, Beta testing, multiple revisions, repeat over and over. Takes time folks. It will be out when it's "correct". After all, if you were going to push out a new version of any real software, especially one high powered business types may depend on daily for high powered decisions, would you want to put it out there before it was baked? Imaging the complaints they would get when they found one tiny bug that perhaps launches rockets someplace on it's own or something.

Besides, it was only due to pressure they opened all this up anyway. They probably had to reverse engineer a lot of things they themselves built to keep us out just to make a working unlocked version. Who knows. Just relax and "take two red pills. Help is on the way."

S.

Edited by DeepBlueEditor

Guest M Moogle

To be fair it looks like the ROM was compiled on 3/20/09 - so they haven't been sitting on this particular version of the ROM for very long, at least.

Guest klinc
Would you or anyone please help me out on this setting:

On Google map, I set the GPS setting manually to COM8 and baurate @ 57600 but I don't see any satellite at all (I only see as the first 2 images)

What should I check on my setting? any recommendation?

How about the setting from "External GPS"? what is the right setting for it?

Thanks

KEY

Sorry, left work to go home. Make sure your GPS is set to Location on under the phone settings. Thats the only thing I ca nthink of. You will know when you find it and turn it on as the phone will throw up a warning saying your privacy could be breached or some such.

Guest somedude
To be fair it looks like the ROM was compiled on 3/20/09 - so they haven't been sitting on this particular version of the ROM for very long, at least.

Okay, well i take back what i said...I still hate verizon though :excl:

Guest curnj

Can someone point me to the rom. I have the PDF, downloader, usb driver, ready to go. Thank you!!!

Guest pantsman

Just curious, has anybody tried CamerAware or a similar app (the stock camera app perhaps?) to see we can get geotagged pictures? I know geotagged images aren't the most exciting thing ever but I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking about trying all this when I get home tonight (wasn't planning on doing it if it didn't fix GPS).

Thanks to azintegra for providing the files and the users who were willing to take the first leap. If it works for me tonight I'll be donating to azintegra later. I believe he had listed a paypal a ways back (between page 50 and 60 or so I think) if anybody else is feeling thankful/generous.

Guest Turborepu

I rely on my onia for internet at home right now.. that being said, I am online with the new stuff loaded, made calls already and received, just fiddling with the gps.. but its still nice to have a new fresh install..

Guest DeepBlueEditor
Just curious, has anybody tried CamerAware or a similar app (the stock camera app perhaps?) to see we can get geotagged pictures? I know geotagged images aren't the most exciting thing ever but I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking about trying all this when I get home tonight (wasn't planning on doing it if it didn't fix GPS).

Thanks to azintegra for providing the files and the users who were willing to take the first leap. If it works for me tonight I'll be donating to azintegra later. I believe he had listed a paypal a ways back (between page 50 and 60 or so I think) if anybody else is feeling thankful/generous.

Also try turning on Location in Palringo.

S