UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest theidoctor.org

if you guys write up a tutorial, i can post it all on my site for your guys or at least link to this page... i will also host the files so nobody has to wait that 30 seconds lol

Guest DeepBlueEditor
Jsut to verify.... I jsut made a call andwhile getting GPS locks in google maps I was browsing the map so I had internet connection at the same time as google download themap on the fly wile you are viewing it.

Any chance of screenshots with the upcoming tutorials. Both for the things to check/uncheck and for the settings and results on the i910 itself. We need one easy to read and follow post with what exactly to do. I do know that I completely read the PDF and would have followed that to a "T" so I would have been OK there.

I would love to see screen caps of this working.

S.

Guest necosino

I have a program that lets me output my Omnia's screen to my computer, so once I am home, I'll take screen shots step by step and even showing what it looks like on the phone (hopefully showing my location (creepy))

Guest klinc
Any chance of screenshots with the upcoming tutorials. Both for the things to check/uncheck and for the settings and results on the i910 itself. We need one easy to read and follow post with what exactly to do. I do know that I completely read the PDF and would have followed that to a "T" so I would have been OK there.

I would love to see screen caps of this working.

S.

Anyway to get screenshots on the omnia? Never haad to before so havent looked into it.

Guest DeepBlueEditor
if you guys write up a tutorial, i can post it all on my site for your guys or at least link to this page... i will also host the files so nobody has to wait that 30 seconds lol

Be aware that the entire US population with i910s owned by any geek is going to want these files and info overnight. Also be aware that what we have here ain't exactly "legal". It's is technically proprietary (so far) software that has technically been "liberated" from the makers servers. Don't want to raise a flag of alarm but that's the truth. Just everyone be aware of what has really happened here.

S

Guest DeepBlueEditor
Ok, so who wants to take a bet that within 72 hours Verizon/Samsung releases the "Offical quarterly update"? haha..

And that it will be wrapped in an easy to use goof proof exe file. Connect, execute, reboot, enjoy.

S

Guest DeepBlueEditor
well... I have a server I can host files on as well.. to help the load balance

There are at least half a dozen other PDA, Cell Phone, smart phone, etc forums and groups out there Googleing GPS Omina i910 as we speak looking for new info. This is going to explode for a short while. I have copies of the pertinent files I believe so I'll be laying low till the final tutorial and more results get posted.

S

Edited by DeepBlueEditor

Guest necosino
There are at least half a dozen other PDA, Cell Phone, smart phone, etc forums and groups out there googleing GPS Omina i910as we speak looking for new info. This is going to explode for a short while. I have copies of the pertinent files I believe so I'll be laying low till the final tutoriall and more results get posted.

S

Exactly what I thought when it all came out, lol.. I just hope AznTegra isn't getting rheemed a new one right now.. :excl:

Guest theidoctor.org
Be aware that the entire US population with i910s owned by any geek is going to want these files and info overnight. Also be aware that what we have here ain't exactly "legal". It's is technically proprietary (so far) software that has technically been "liberated" from the makers servers. Don't want to raise a flag of alarm but that's the truth. Just everyone be aware of what has really happened here.

S

yea... lol its ok, microsoft is paying for my domain name and hosting... for life!

we'll see how long it stays up, but by then, we should have a few thousand blogs up with all that information.

Guest jakedoza
There are at least half a dozen other PDA, Cell Phone, smart phone, etc forums and groups out there Googleing GPS Omina i910 as we speak looking for new info. This is going to explode for a short while. I have copies of the pertinent files I believe so I'll be laying low till the final tutorial and more results get posted.

S

PM sent

Guest jakedoza
yea... lol its ok, microsoft is paying for my domain name and hosting... for life!

we'll see how long it stays up, but by then, we should have a few thousand blogs up with all that information.

how did you manage that?

Guest theidoctor.org
how did you manage that?

well, before microsoft officelive.com went live, i was one of the select beta testers... sites been up for about a year and a half, but i dont really work on it anymore.

im too lazy :excl:

Guest jakedoza
well, before microsoft officelive.com went live, i was one of the select beta testers... sites been up for about a year and a half, but i dont really work on it anymore.

im too lazy :excl:

nice

Guest BamDastard

Just wanted to throw out there, all I did after install of the new ROM was to set "Location" to On and install VZNav. Nav never worked for me on this ROM, but GMaps is working with "Managed by Windows" setting and giving a quick fix with AGPS--> 6 sats in my living room.

Edited by BamDastard

Guest DeepBlueEditor
Just wanted to throw out there, all I did after install of the new ROM was to set "Location" to On and install VZNav. Nav never worked for me on this ROM, but GMaps is working and giving a quick fix with AGPS--> 6 sats in my living room.

Excellent Smithers - I'll be out for an hour or so at the gym. I expect a full tutorial with screen shots and a listing of all the necessary software when I get back - : )

Just kidding guys, but it would be nice to do this tonight so I may tackle it later tonight.

Cheers.

Oh, what version of Nav and do you have a link to it so we don't have to log into VZW and all that.

Edited by DeepBlueEditor

Guest Turborepu

I've been following the thread and I am anxious to get this gps working, but i have a question. I see that gps is indeed working, BUT has anyone confirmed getting it working by following the instructions on the pdf? or by the other method of checking the two boxes only?

Edited by Turborepu

Guest klinc

Here are some screenshots... I could only get it down to 100 meters while getting screenshots but I had down to 20 meters earlier when I first got it working.

post-499097-1239223179_thumb.jpg post-499097-1239223191_thumb.jpg post-499097-1239223196_thumb.jpg post-499097-1239223266_thumb.jpg post-499097-1239223274_thumb.jpg

Guest Adrynalyne
I've been following the thread and I am anxious to get this working, but i have a question. I see that it is indeed working, BUT has anyone confirmed getting it working by following the instructions on the pdf? or by the other method of checking the two boxes only?

I can confirm it works via the PDF instructions.

Guest DeepBlueEditor
Does not work with phone off.

You get a GPS connection error.

As I recall, it needed to make a call to verify in earlier conversations. Maybe they want to track all their users? Hmmm.