Panels on Touch HD - installer!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FlangeArtist

I think that the potential of Panels is better than the Touch-Flo. I really like it.

I do have trouble on my UK Touch HD (version direct from HTC) however. In that the panels doesn not always launch, even after reset. Some of the panels don't work either! Facebook for example, just shows the image and no options/interaction. The slideshow doesn't show anything either.

Still, it is an alpha release :-)

Guest r_benamin

@ Paul (MVP)

could you please fix yor cap for a german htc HD?

i installed the caps whithout any problems, i works even for me but i had to play a little bit!

after restart i got a message that "PanelManager" can not be opend. its not secure to open this file or something like this.

but then i started the PanelManager.exe manually AND IT WORKD for me!

my problems:

-> i can not go back to ALL Panels ( i have to start allways PanelManager.exe manually to go back to see all panels)

-> after some i chose some panels - my device freezes, i have to restart

-> Media Xperience Panel is not working for me

-> FM Radio Panel IS WORKING

-> SPB Mobile Shell (GERMAN) is working!

-> fish panel is working!

you should fix the PanelManagerShow.exe --> to start: PanelManager.exe (on german divece installed on \Programme\PanelManager) its Programme and not Programs

Well done Paul

Do you think the Guy from XDA stole your package?

Did he steal your pics, because the pics are the same on yours first post.

If so.. the guy on XDA is bang out of order, because he has been saying that he was making it and trying to work out why things were failing.

And he said he had testers trying to work it out.

Did you put those video's on youtube? He has been passing of your work as his!

Shame on you XDA MAN!!!

Edited by Spreng

Guest javielo

Hi,

It's functionnal on my Spanish Blackstone

Media panel does not work

Radio panel works (but no sound)

slide panel works but freezes my device

It works with touchflo enabled

thanks for all

Guest FlangeArtist
Well done Paul

Do you think the Guy from XDA stole your package?

Did he steal your pics, because the pics are the same on yours first post.

If so.. the guy on XDA is bang out of order, because he has been saying that he was making it and trying to work out why things were failing.

And he said he had testers trying to work it out.

Did you put those video's on youtube? He has been passing of your work as his!

Shame on you XDA MAN!!!

I believe that the guy's on XDA started work on this separately, and just because the screen pic 'look' the same, they are not!!! I am 100% sure that both parties have worked on this independently and both deserve great praise!

Guest sharpstar

i install it in my vga device(touch pro),i know it is for wvga,but why i can't start it with vga?

i think it just can't display all,it will be cut.

but i found it can't run with my touch pro,my device is a chinese menu and it can't run because of this?

please help me!

i hope it can be fixed in the new release, and it can run(not care of it will be cut the screen)

Guest thomasdc

hi there.. what a fantastic piece of work..

I have downloaded the cab-files and tried to install it on my htc touch dual. The installation process runs fine until the end where the unit must be reset. The system says that it couldn't install the

and run the file panelmanager because the program was made for an earlier version of windows.

How do i fix this??

hope for your help.

p.s.

i run the windows mobile 6.1 professional on a ce os5.2.19965(build 1995.1.2.3)

I believe that the guy's on XDA started work on this separately, and just because the screen pic 'look' the same, they are not!!! I am 100% sure that both parties have worked on this independently and both deserve great praise!

Thanks for clarification.

Would it not make sense for them to combine forces and get this out?

I do understand there is issues with Paul's version on here, and also some on sinhg version on XDA

If they have different problems, maybe they can fix one version between them?

Or is it not possible as they are different groups of people?

Seems a shame to duplicate.

Guest implicitly

For anyone interested - I intalled this on my Toshiba G900 and I wasn't able to get the panels application to launch at all.

Great project and nice work!

Guest Paul (MVP)

This is something i've done myself.

I'm confused, I see Singh's thread has been closed over on XDA?

How does your launcher work? Mine is simply killing the panelsmanager process and rerunning the EXE to display the panel selector again. Dirty, slow, but it works and I was in a hurry. I'm assuming you have a much better way... B)

P

Guest kurtfhouse

I think the XDA thread is closed because after you launched your CLEARLY marked early alpha for people to have a play, everyone over there started laying into !SINGH! because he hadn't released a CAB yet.

Then he looks as though he threw all his toys out the pram because you had released the CAB early. All a bit childish really. Most of the arguments could have been avoided if people would just READ.

Anyway I've tried the modaco panels cab out on my Orange UK device. Ran o.k for about 5 or six launches then froze my device, pretty much what was expected I think. But its only a quick soft reset to fix it.

I have to say the soft reset is pretty snappy compared to my old Eten X800 and my Artemis B)

This is something i've done myself.

I'm confused, I see Singh's thread has been closed over on XDA?

How does your launcher work? Mine is simply killing the panelsmanager process and rerunning the EXE to display the panel selector again. Dirty, slow, but it works and I was in a hurry. I'm assuming you have a much better way... B)

P

Mine is doing exactly what the panel-button on the X1 is doing B)

Guest Paul (MVP)
Mine is doing exactly what the panel-button on the X1 is doing B)

Which is what? Would be handy to know! Do you wanna help me develop this? Have you heard from Singh?

P

Guest Marcus Reichert

Hello Paul !

What about an update ?

Do you have a newer Version / build ?

THe first build is very buggy on my german HD, but it runs.

Can you tell me something ?

By the way great programm.

By the way - don t look at the xda threat - i had an x1 and a hd and SINGH did not let me help him for beta testing.

I think we will never see a Singh release so we hope and believe in you

Regrads

Marcus

Guest EOTEROG

Working very well on my WWE HD, no crashes after more than ten restart. Facebook and Media don't run.

Deactivate Touch Flo is not a must. Not bad having the home button working (but not working on all panels).

Spb and fishes panels are fantastic!

Cannot wait for the next release!!!

I vote for joining efforts, nelshh, since kindergarden I havent hear an answer like yours...

Edited by EOTEROG