New to the Omnia i900 ... my rom version

Guest Isak

Hello all

I have been reading about different versions of the rom ... and I don´t really understand if the rom version I have is something I should try to update ...

What I have is:

PDA: i900XBHJ2/XBHJ1

TELE: i900XBHI3

So what does this tell me ?

Should I get some kind of upgrade and in that case which one?

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie ... :rolleyes:

Cheers

/Isak

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MrJoneswii
Hello all

I have been reading about different versions of the rom ... and I don´t really understand if the rom version I have is something I should try to update ...

What I have is:

PDA: i900XBHJ2/XBHJ1

TELE: i900XBHI3

So what does this tell me ?

Should I get some kind of upgrade and in that case which one?

Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie ... :rolleyes:

Cheers

/Isak

Check out this:

The firmware code is split into individual sections:

i900 - > model designation (SGH-i900).

XX - > region / network carrier designation (XX = Spain - open Market).

G - > release year (E = 2007).

K - > release month (K = November).

1 - > version number.

BD Cyprus, Greece

CP Finland

DB Vietnam

DC Thailand

DD India

DT Australia

DX Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam

DZ Malaysia, Singapore

JA South Africa

JC Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia

JP Arabic

JR Arabic

JV Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan,

Saudi Arabia,South Africa, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey

MT Switzerland

XA Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom

XB Denmark, Norway, Sweden

XC Portugal, Spain

XD Croatia, Czech, Hungary, Slovakia

XE Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine

XF Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania

XX Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

ZC China, Hong Kong

ZH Hong Kong

ZT Taiwan

- Network carrier codes:

AE SFR, France

AI Tim, Italy

AM Vodafone

AN E-Plus, Germany

AO O2

AS KPN, Netherland

AU Mobilkom, Austria

BB Tmn, Portugal

BF Optimus, Portugal

BG Telefonica, Spain

BM Swisscom, Switzerland

BN Amena, Spain

BO T-Mobile, Germany

BU Vodafone

BV Orange, Switzerland

BW O2, United Kingdom

CD Proximus, Belgium

CG Telia Mobitel, Sweden

CH SingTel, Singapore

CK Tele2 Comviq, Sweden

CT Tdc, Denmark

CU One, Austria

CV Telenor, Norway

DT Optus, Australia

DV Telstra, Australia

EF Celcom, Malaysia

JB Vodacom, South Africa

MD Telia Sonera, Finland

MJ Vodafone, Italy

MM Tele Ring, Austria

MV NetCom, Norway

NA Nrj, France

NB Tele2 Norway, Norway

NE H3g Nordic, Sweden

NP H3g, Italy

SS Vodafone, Japan

Release years:

D = 2004

E = 2005

F = 2006

G = 2007

H = 2008

Release months:

A = January

B = February

C = March

D = April

E = May

F = June

G = July

H = August

I = September

J = October

K = November

L = December

Your firmware is a danish/norwegian/swedish version from October 2008.

You can check on the official samsung omnia's site to see if there are upgrades available for your region or pass by a samsung centre.

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

EDIT: I just saw that there is no option for choosing one of the nordic countries...

the latest official firmware is the HK3 (3rd version of november 2008)

Guest BroganB

Hi there i too am a bit lost i have the following firmware version JCHH1 which update rom will you recommendif there is one available for my region

Guest MrJoneswii
Hi there i too am a bit lost i have the following firmware version JCHH1 which update rom will you recommendif there is one available for my region

Thing is that it's always good to put the latest firmware on your phone but just look around and read what people think about it. I'm using the HK3 now and it's been very good, excellent battery life, etc...

Be very careful when flashing roms that are not official samsung roms, cause that causes your warranty to be voided.

Check out this:

Your firmware is a danish/norwegian/swedish version from October 2008.

You can check on the official samsung omnia's site to see if there are upgrades available for your region or pass by a samsung centre.

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

EDIT: I just saw that there is no option for choosing one of the nordic countries...

the latest official firmware is the HK3 (3rd version of november 2008)

Thanks for the info mate ... great stuff !

Cheers

/isak

I'm kinda lost here.. :) Does it really matter which region rom are you using? I live in Finland, so can I use UK region ROM?

That site you posted above isn't really working for me, or I just dont know how to use the site. Its telling me that I have entered an incorrect version.

I have DXHK1 now and I'm trying to get the HK3. So would it be possilbe that I use 'XXHK3' ROM? Where can I get it? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Found "DXHK3" now. Is there really any difference between the region things? Like XXHK3 and DXHK3.

EDIT2: Uhm.. tried to install that DXHK3 I found but it said I have wrong version atm. In the samsung's support site, when I select the region, any of the "DX" regions, it won't even ask what my mobile's version is at the moment. It just lets me download the DXHK3, but it doesn't work.. is there any other way to get a HK3 rom?

Edited by nepa

Guest MrJoneswii
I'm kinda lost here.. :) Does it really matter which region rom are you using? I live in Finland, so can I use UK region ROM?

That site you posted above isn't really working for me, or I just dont know how to use the site. Its telling me that I have entered an incorrect version.

I have DXHK1 now and I'm trying to get the HK3. So would it be possilbe that I use 'XXHK3' ROM? Where can I get it? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Found "DXHK3" now. Is there really any difference between the region things? Like XXHK3 and DXHK3.

EDIT2: Uhm.. tried to install that DXHK3 I found but it said I have wrong version atm. In the samsung's support site, when I select the region, any of the "DX" regions, it won't even ask what my mobile's version is at the moment. It just lets me download the DXHK3, but it doesn't work.. is there any other way to get a HK3 rom?

XXHK3 doesn't exist yet, i think.

The ones you downloaded should work, try this little fix for an incorrect version message:

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

XXHK3 doesn't exist yet, i think.

The ones you downloaded should work, try this little fix for an incorrect version message:

Hi,

I tried doing the preconfig ... but it showed "wrong version" ...

Any other Idea how I can insert a different rom ... newer rom ... cause there is nothing on the nordic site ...

Cheers

/isak

Guest MrJoneswii
Hello, I am aswell lost as to what my version is exactly.

PDA XXHG5/MSHG1....

I understand this means UK 2008 July, but what does the MS mean??

The MS stands for a code that is allocated to an operator. Did your phone come with a vodafone/Orange,.... branding, cause I don't know exactly which operator.

The MS stands for a code that is allocated to an operator. Did your phone come with a vodafone/Orange,.... branding, cause I don't know exactly which operator.

Yeah it was branded ... to a swdish operator ...

But I have now managed to burn a new rom to it ... and it works great ... I first used secanys rom ... and after that I was able to burn original roms if I wanted ... so I guess the "branding" is gone now ... hehe kind of fun !

Thanks for all you help guys !

/isak

Guest misho1984

Yes it may have done, I am not 100% sure as I got it off ebay good as new....

hey guys,

a bit of help would be appreciated if you could have a quick looky at mine to.

PDA: DFHJ6/DFHJ6

PHONE: XXHJ1

So based on this forum I am assuming that the "DF" bit should be telling me which region the phone is from...but it isn't in the list? The rest tells me '2008 October version6' right?

I am in AUS.

Also I had a look at the International Samsung Omnia link for a update but Australia wasn't listed?

(http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp)

Thanks in advance for the your efforts...also a noob :)

Guest barbs666
hey guys,

a bit of help would be appreciated if you could have a quick looky at mine to.

PDA: DFHJ6/DFHJ6

PHONE: XXHJ1

So based on this forum I am assuming that the "DF" bit should be telling me which region the phone is from...but it isn't in the list? The rest tells me '2008 October version6' right?

I am in AUS.

Also I had a look at the International Samsung Omnia link for a update but Australia wasn't listed?

(http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp)

Thanks in advance for the your efforts...also a noob :)

Yeah whats up with Samsung not having Australia on the update list....very poor....I did fire off an email and told them about that.

My version is:

PDA: i900BUHJ2/BUHJ2

Phone: i900BUHI2

I purchased this in January 2009.

Average battery life.... about 2 days with moderate use.

Guest MrJoneswii

It seems that both DT and DF are Australian roms.

Did you by any chance have the phone from Optus, cause most people with an Optus phone have a DF region code.

And yeah, i know, Australia is not on the list. Sorry dudes.

But you can install any version you want, even the latest official one from the Philippines DXHK3.

just search for "incorrect version" here.

Yeah whats up with Samsung not having Australia on the update list....very poor....I did fire off an email and told them about that.

My version is:

PDA: i900BUHJ2/BUHJ2

Phone: i900BUHI2

I purchased this in January 2009.

Average battery life.... about 2 days with moderate use.

Yeah I hear ya...sucks.But whats with your BU...must be carrier. I am with Optus and also purchased mine in January...

Same, average battery life with moderate use, bout 2 days...think a new ROM might do the trick.

It seems that both DT and DF are Australian roms.

Did you by any chance have the phone from Optus, cause most people with an Optus phone have a DF region code.

And yeah, i know, Australia is not on the list. Sorry dudes.

But you can install any version you want, even the latest official one from the Philippines DXHK3.

just search for "incorrect version" here.

Yep, mine is from Optus.

Hmm...so your saying I can install a ROM from ANY country?

Also you say search for "incorrect version" here...what do you mean by that. Do you mean to just look earlier in the thread?

An when I replace the ROM will my phone say incorrect version or is that a maybe?

Thanks for the assistance

Guest MrJoneswii
Yep, mine is from Optus.

Hmm...so your saying I can install a ROM from ANY country?

Also you say search for "incorrect version" here...what do you mean by that. Do you mean to just look earlier in the thread?

An when I replace the ROM will my phone say incorrect version or is that a maybe?

Thanks for the assistance

Yes, you can install any rom from any country. When installing a rom from another region, you'll get a message saying "incorrect version" and the updater closes and will not enable you to change rom.

However, the smart minds here at Modaco found ways to go behind the version check and will let your phone be updated with any rom from any country, especially official samsung roms.

When I said look for "incorrect version" here I meant this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...rsion-tutorial/

greetz

Yes, you can install any rom from any country. When installing a rom from another region, you'll get a message saying "incorrect version" and the updater closes and will not enable you to change rom.

However, the smart minds here at Modaco found ways to go behind the version check and will let your phone be updated with any rom from any country, especially official samsung roms.

When I said look for "incorrect version" here I meant this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...rsion-tutorial/

greetz

Ah gotcha, thanks alot for you help!

Guest blert596

Well I now have my shiny new Omnia 8G :)

I've had a fair old play with it this morning and most of the features seem pretty intuitive really, although I have ended up in amongst things I didnt really need to a couple of times.

I've checked the ROM version(?) and it comes up as:

PDA:i900XXHH7/BOHH5

Phone:i900BOHH2

From another thread i think I can work out the following but purely taking it from the PDA settings

XXHH7 means that its Spain (open market?) August 08 release and version 7. Is this right?

BOHH5 means that its T-Mobile (germany although I'm in UK) Aug 08 again and version 5. Is this right again?

What do the phone codes mean and why are they different to the PDA codes? Mine is i900BOHH2

I went onto the Samsung website to check for latest updates and no matter what I type in from the above it just keeps coming up with incorrect version. Is this because its an operators version and not a genuine Samsung release?

In another thread Paul advised that I should get rid of the T-Mobile Monstrosity ROM, which I'd like to do as soon as I can. Although I'm getting a little confused as to what ones to choose for a first time attempt.

Im also looking around for some themes that take my fancy at the moment. There's some cracking work been done on them.

Is the Manilla 2 stuff different to the SPB shell stuff? Can they co-exist with each other or would I just be duplicating stuff?

Any useful tips of what to get to get rid of the T-Mob branding and interface would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Billy

I'm thinking of load

Guest rockopc

Dear All,

Please I live in Nigeria and have a Samsung Omnia phone that I just downloaded a new ROM for. I would appreciate it if you can help me with any link to download an English version of the user's manual as the one I have is in the Dutch language.

I will be eternally grateful if anyone can please help me out so I can optimize the use of my device.

Thank you

Guest blert596
Dear All,

Please I live in Nigeria and have a Samsung Omnia phone that I just downloaded a new ROM for. I would appreciate it if you can help me with any link to download an English version of the user's manual as the one I have is in the Dutch language.

I will be eternally grateful if anyone can please help me out so I can optimize the use of my device.

Thank you

Hope this helps you

http://uk.samsungmobile.com/supports/softw...&sw_type=UM

Billy

Guest janice45
Ah gotcha, thanks alot for you help!

I have an Omnia i900 I just got offebay (good bad) I looked at the firmware version and here it is can someone give me a heads up on what I have it makes no sence to me

pda i900dxhg3

phone ipo8zhhh2

I'm lost . The fellow i got this from said he took it to a cellphone store and had them put english on it thats all . What version do I go to ,or can I go to and why does the phone not match the pda part ??

Thanks for any help

If you can't tell I'm New :) Thanks again

I have i new Samsung OMnia i was wondering first what my firmware i900DXHH1 means as it is only that and nothing more which is not what everyone on here has ... also how would i go about installing a cooked firmware with m2d and can a downgrade. thanks for your help