Key Lock and Touch Screen Problems

Guest colinlaughton

Guest colinlaughton

OK running my touch screen Omnia I have the following issue,

I lock the keys without problem by holding the call end key for 'long' press. I would expect then after the alloted time of 1 minute the phone would go into sleep mode. This is true if the phone is left on a table or something which does not 'touch' the screen.

I use a horizontal belt case, hence I lock the keys as mentioned and out of sheer lazyness just put the phone into it's case. The problem is the case touches the screen which stops the phone going into sleep mode.

If I want to go into sleep mode I could press the power button at the top of the phone. since the phone can be set to auto lock once it wakes there seems to be no point in locking the keys first.

WHERES THE PROBLEM YOU MAY ASK ?

Well, the power off button on the Omnia is a horrible little awkward thing at the top of the phone whereas the end call key is really easy to press and hold.

I have looked all over oh how to remap the end call key long hold option to put thephone into sleepmode without any success. I do not want to switch off the, only activate sleep.

What is the program which is initiated to run sleep mode ? Can I create a chortcut to it and then assign or map the end call key to it ?

PLEASE HELP I'M GOING MAD

• 4 months later...
Guest Captain Clam
OK running my touch screen Omnia I have the following issue,

I lock the keys without problem by holding the call end key for 'long' press. I would expect then after the alloted time of 1 minute the phone would go into sleep mode. This is true if the phone is left on a table or something which does not 'touch' the screen.

I use a horizontal belt case, hence I lock the keys as mentioned and out of sheer lazyness just put the phone into it's case. The problem is the case touches the screen which stops the phone going into sleep mode.

If I want to go into sleep mode I could press the power button at the top of the phone. since the phone can be set to auto lock once it wakes there seems to be no point in locking the keys first.

WHERES THE PROBLEM YOU MAY ASK ?

Well, the power off button on the Omnia is a horrible little awkward thing at the top of the phone whereas the end call key is really easy to press and hold.

I have looked all over oh how to remap the end call key long hold option to put thephone into sleepmode without any success. I do not want to switch off the, only activate sleep.

What is the program which is initiated to run sleep mode ? Can I create a chortcut to it and then assign or map the end call key to it ?

PLEASE HELP I'M GOING MAD

I have been battling the EXACT SAME PROBLEM since I got this darn thing and I want to put it down the garbage disposal!

I just burned the new ROM they cooked, and I am hoping that might help. The keyboard is WAY better now so hopefully there will be a fix for this MAJOR annoyance! It is not good for battery life to say the least!