People are getting bored with the Omnia already

Guest samjuan

Guest Darthlord
my wife asked me this question yesterday, "are you not yet bored with your phone?" lol!!! im not sure what to say, but hey, im just new to this toy, so my answer was NO. well, not yet... hehehehe

Why the f*** did you ressurrected a topic from may?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arirang
Dont't bite, read this..

+1. as a geek by trade, some days i come home feeling like the life had been sucked out of me by my clients. can't count the times i've resolved trouble-tickets by literally copying and pasting from an app's Help section then emailing to them.

• 9 months later...
Guest ProfJack

I feel the reason why people are tired of the Omnia is caused by most of these cooked roms. One Chef would remove apps which are "useless" to him only to find most of posts on his forum requesting those "useless" apps. I had to resort to the original rom after I got disappointed with the cooked roms. My Omnia is now fine but I moved to Blackberry. My omnia is now my second best phone. I migt try the Droids soon but that may be on Xperia X10.

Guest amitsharma.atc
Well for me the whole "bored of your phone" expression is strange.

As I said, you can not be "bored" of a tool. You can be bored of a toy. Maybe this is the real origin of such posts.

good one :D

Guest littlesunda

Im Winmo user since 2002, it O2 device. Omnia is one of i try, its... OK, but the biggest mistake about Omnia is: Horrible TouchPanel!!! well its ok if its happen under warranty, but still for the Phone/device that touch is the major input and interaction, Horribble Touch Panel is Horrible MISTAKE

Guest Lunchbox77
Bro, I tried to make the topic title clear enough so anyone who doesn't want to read or doesn't care, should be bothered!

But obviously... this triggered something in you! :D

triggered my hand to put in someone's face :D

Guest chopperthedog

WOW. Considering the thread went almost a year without a post. It was a good fun read.

A Fine dramity it is. I laughed and I cried.

And I am not bored with my tool and its been a year and 7 months.

good day.

Getting bored with i900? Not really, except if I find the cash to buy that AMAZING HTC HD2!

The HD2 has abysmall batery life. HTC should have made the backside flush with camera-module, that way they could get a bigger battery in it and it would look MUCH better. No incall-recording (not even with the standard notes app). You require a 3rd party app to use the LED-light as a pocketlight.

Last but not least HTC's horrible track record of support. It's allmost as bad as Samsung ;-)

Guest andrew.mazlim
The HD2 has abysmall batery life. HTC should have made the backside flush with camera-module, that way they could get a bigger battery in it and it would look MUCH better. No incall-recording (not even with the standard notes app). You require a 3rd party app to use the LED-light as a pocketlight.

Last but not least HTC's horrible track record of support. It's allmost as bad as Samsung ;-)

Not really (for HD2 battery life). Omnia i900 ALSO had awful battery (talking about me) with the original Samsung rom. My mate, having HD2, changed the original HD2 rom with a custom one and the battery now REALLY ROCKS!

About the other apps you wrote, of course A SINGLE device can't secure EVERY field. But you can always install an app and you're fine.

When I wrote HD2 is a great device, I was talking for the... DEVICE! Not for the software. The software (OS) is... Windows! That's saying everything! We'll ALWAYS need to customizing and make BETTER our Windows, bro.

About recording and other multimedia things, I don't really care ANY devices' what's their performance, friend. I wrote million times, I'm using my phone as... PHONE and as GPS! NOTHING else. If I need a camera for video/photos (in my Italy's summer vecations, this August), I'm using my... CAMERA! If I need to watch a movie in the ferry/bus/train, I'm using my ARCHOS avi file player.

You CAN'T HAVE (yet) a SINGLE device doing everything... and doing them great!

HD2 or Omnia or ANY other phone... they are... phones! We're forgeting that, often.

Edited by andrew.mazlim