SMS alert/tone not working?

Guest elDeeJay

Guest elDeeJay

I hard-reset my TyTnII phone yesterday and reinstalled various apps including many of the SPB apps (mobile shell, gprs monitor, phone suite etc) and everything is working nicely EXCEPT I no longer get an alert when a new SMS message arrives. The icon lights up in SPB mobile Shell (on the SPB menu) to show me there is a new message, but I get no onscreen prompt nor does it make any audible tone. I’ve gone into sounds and notifications and verified that it is set to vibrate and play a tone, but its ignoring this.

Does anyone have any suggestion to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Guest DaveShaw
I hard-reset my TyTnII phone yesterday and reinstalled various apps including many of the SPB apps (mobile shell, gprs monitor, phone suite etc) and everything is working nicely EXCEPT I no longer get an alert when a new SMS message arrives. The icon lights up in SPB mobile Shell (on the SPB menu) to show me there is a new message, but I get no onscreen prompt nor does it make any audible tone. I’ve gone into sounds and notifications and verified that it is set to vibrate and play a tone, but its ignoring this.

Does anyone have any suggestion to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Did you install a Beta Version of Opera Mobile?

That has some issues with Breaking notifications. If so, try a newer version.

Thanks

Dave