Just Switched From Vario 3

Guest kevr6384

Guest kevr6384

Hi All,

Just recieved the MDA Compact IV from T-Mobile UK today after upgrading from the Vario 3 as they couldnt give me a release date for the Vario 4.

Anyhow first thoughts are:

1. How do i get rid of the T-mobile branding i dont want a pink phone - is there a normal way of doing this without altering the ROM etc as there used to be on the Vario 3 ? Ive tried the search function but havent found an answer

2. Is there a hard reset button or function ?

3. What is the purpose of the round button in the centre should it scroll ?

Cheers

K

Hi All,

Just recieved the MDA Compact IV from T-Mobile UK today after upgrading from the Vario 3 as they couldnt give me a release date for the Vario 4.

Anyhow first thoughts are:

1. How do i get rid of the T-mobile branding i dont want a pink phone - is there a normal way of doing this without altering the ROM etc as there used to be on the Vario 3 ? Ive tried the search function but havent found an answer

2. Is there a hard reset button or function ?

3. What is the purpose of the round button in the centre should it scroll ?

Cheers

K

Ok to try and answer some of your questions...

1 if you search for a package called diamond TF3D Config..... XDA Developers is where i got it from you can then create a themes box and download the Black HTC which is what my phone came with. This will take away the Tmobile branding

2 there is a way to hard reset... the easy way to achive this is to use the clear internal storage on the system tab, this in effect wipes the phone starting it from when you 1st switched it on.

3 some applications use the middle button, but like the iphone you can use the outside to zoom in / out in opera and tomtom and photos

Guest estechco
Ok to try and answer some of your questions...

1 if you search for a package called diamond TF3D Config..... XDA Developers is where i got it from you can then create a themes box and download the Black HTC which is what my phone came with. This will take away the Tmobile branding

2 there is a way to hard reset... the easy way to achive this is to use the clear internal storage on the system tab, this in effect wipes the phone starting it from when you 1st switched it on.

3 some applications use the middle button, but like the iphone you can use the outside to zoom in / out in opera and tomtom and photos

1. The following thread also covers this point

2. Did you really mean hard reset, or just a soft one. There is a small red button inside the slot where the stylus comes out if the latter.

Guest stunno

1. Agree xda is the place for this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ight=debranding

2. To perform a hard reset

1. Pull out the stylus.

2. With the MDA Compact IV turned on, press and hold the Volume Down and

Enter buttons, then press the Reset button with the stylus tip.

3. Release the Reset button, but continue pressing the Volume Down and Enter

buttons until you see this message on the screen:

This operation will delete

all your personal data,

and reset all settings

to manufacturer default.

Press VolUp to restore

manufacturer default, or

press other keys to cancel.

4. Release the Volume Down and Enter buttons, then press the Volume Up

button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.

3. There is an application to enhance the use of the D pad button called Smarttouch, again on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=406206

hth

1. Agree xda is the place for this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ight=debranding

1. Pull out the stylus.

all your personal data,

and reset all settings

to manufacturer default.

Press VolUp to restore

manufacturer default, or

button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.

3. There is an application to enhance the use of the D pad button called Smarttouch, again on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=406206

hth

Wow Stuuno,

I needed a lie down after reading the hard reset... i was sure that the clear storage under the settings/system pannel did that as it offers the option to either clear internal storage and also the option to clear the built in memory card :rolleyes:

This is one of the reasons why i love Modaco as there are so many people trying to help fellow users out.

Guest estechco

1. Pull out the stylus.

all your personal data,

and reset all settings

to manufacturer default.

Press VolUp to restore

manufacturer default, or

hth

...and for anyone who isn't an octopus?

Edited by estechco

Guest Kevlarski
...and for anyone who isn't an octopus?

Use the clear storage option in Start > Settings > System if you don't want to use the hardware button option. I have used both and they both do the same thing - clear storage is more user friendly.