Taskbar makeover

Guest grigoris_a

Guest nikosxri

Thank you φίλε, very nice work, but when i try to install it, says, not digitally sign with trusted certificate.Whats wrong? I have installed the sdkcerts first.

Thank you for replying to me.

i´m a bit of a noob in this editing icons thing, but i find the work really impressive.

i would like to change the icons on the taskbar only without modifying the other icons in the menu. is it possilbe to to this in a simple way or i have to edit some kind of files in the system?

i read something abt shellres*dll,,, but i am not sure what to do.

is it possible to get a step by step detailed installation procedure for changing only the taskbar icons, if its not asking a lot :(

thnx

Guest tercupee

help!

i dont really understand on how to install the awesome taskbar here?

i've downloaded the cert cab, and then where do i put the taskbar file?

please help!!! :(

Guest grigoris_a
help!

i dont really understand on how to install the awesome taskbar here?

i've downloaded the cert cab, and then where do i put the taskbar file?

1.Download both cabs.

2.Transfer cabs to phone(internal storage or main mem.)

3.Open file explorer(phone) and click on sdkcerts.cab first then the taskbar cab and install them

4.Reboot

Guest grigoris_a
Ok - I must be doing something wrong! I Installed the SDKCerts, then installed the V2 cab...

After rebooting I got the new icons, but not the new black taskbars!

Is there something that I have to do to activate them?

This is on an i910 Omnia, .NET 3.5 installed...

Also tried the the V1 cab - no change there either!

Help!

Black theme is included in the taskbar V2.After installation and reboot you can choose it if you go in Settings--today

Guest grigoris_a
can u plz add/change these icons?

Bt icons are not really used(like Htc Diamond does).To edit my icons you need Wince Cab manager to extract them.Then unsign the files and use a resourse editor to replace icons.Then sign the edited files,put them in the cab(pay attention to the installation path must be \windows) and finally sign the cab.

hy grigoris_a !! Great work whit the taskbar !!

I have one question ! Can you make a cab file whit the battery status (black and white) in percentage and no other modifications please !!!

Bt icons are not really used(like Htc Diamond does).To edit my icons you need Wince Cab manager to extract them.Then unsign the files and use a resourse editor to replace icons.Then sign the edited files,put them in the cab(pay attention to the installation path must be \windows) and finally sign the cab.

did what u advised. but i dont have an unsigner!, anyway i tried it, and it made the cab but when i tried installing it to the device, it said installation unsuccessfull. i thought that maybe i have to install the sdkcert.cab again but this also gave me an installations uinsuccessful. then i tried to install ur cab and this time it installed correctly!

i dont reallz get it, what am i doing wrong? i signed each file and the cab as well. the installation directory is windows.

any help?

Guest tercupee
1.Download both cabs.

2.Transfer cabs to phone(internal storage or main mem.)

3.Open file explorer(phone) and click on sdkcerts.cab first then the taskbar cab and install them

4.Reboot

but bro,

the thing is that once i've installed the skdcerts.cab i dont see the taskbar in a cab file also?

the taskbar is still in .rar file,

Edited by tercupee

Guest dciantar
I have modified the icons of the taskbar and settings,folders.

You can download HERE

Install SDKCERTS.CAB FIRST from here

pass:grigoris_a

Hope you like it! :(

Included in the cab is the black theme.

pccapture1dm7.th.jpg

pccapture2di7.th.jpg

pccapture3tl3.th.jpg

Hi,

First of all well done for this taskbar, but I have a problem in the settings. When I go to settings -> personal -> phone, I can't select for example my favorite ring tone. When I press the OK in top right corner it remains in the same page and it never close. Is this only my problem?

Thanks

Guest absolutly

I wish I could get this to work on my i910, every time I install, all my icons disappear except for the battery and time and nothing else changes. My icons on the taskbar did not change, and I get the signal strength bar but it is blinking, like its trying to refresh. I must have some program conflict, does this work with the D3D Omnia driver?

Guest barbs666

Hey grigoris, GREAT Job! Thanks and also its great to see u very active in answering Q's! Kudos to you!

how do I get the black task bar up? I downloaded sdkCerts and taskbar_V2.cab and ran them in that order then sof-treset but i cannot see the option to use black in the settings page.

any idea what to do?

i900, BUHJ2 rom.

Guest barbs666

Hey grigoris, GREAT Job! Thanks and also its great to see u very active in answering Q's! Kudos to you!

how do I get the black task bar up? I downloaded sdkCerts and taskbar_V2.cab and ran them in that order then sof-treset but i cannot see the option to use black in the settings page.

any idea what to do?

i900, BUHJ2 rom.

Guest barbs666

any idea what to do?

i900, BUHJ2 rom.

I think I answered my own q.......

I selected the diamondQVGA in settings->Home........

Thanks again!

Oh yeah, I second that notion of releasing the battery meter on its own as this is what I have been looking for for ages! maybe better if it had 1% or 5% increments?

THANKS!!!!! :(

Guest barbs666

quick question grigoris,

I have your taskbar up and running but I cannot change the text settings on the home page to black to suite my wallpaper.

I have gone into Settings -> Theme and tried to adjust the text color to black but it reverts back to the theme not the Today settings(grigoris taskbar).

any solutions?

I have a i900.

Guest barbedwiredave

First I would like to thank grigoris for the work:) I used v2 of the bar on my verizon i910 for the past month but decided to change last night. I uninstalled v2 cab but still had the icons, so I found a uninstall for SDKcerts, ran it and soft reset. everything looks normal but my original battery meter doesn't work. I noticed that this morning when i removed it from the charger after a full charge a EvDo symbol was where the battery meter should be. After soft reset the original battery meter was back, but it only shows a full charge. I have been using my phone all day, the battery meter has 4 bars indicating a healthy charge but when I click on it to open the advanced power display, the advanced display shows the real charge being at %50. anyone have any ideas of how to get the function of my battery meter back? thanks

Dave

First I would like to thank grigoris for the work:) I used v2 of the bar on my verizon i910 for the past month but decided to change last night. I uninstalled v2 cab but still had the icons, so I found a uninstall for SDKcerts, ran it and soft reset. everything looks normal but my original battery meter doesn't work. I noticed that this morning when i removed it from the charger after a full charge a EvDo symbol was where the battery meter should be. After soft reset the original battery meter was back, but it only shows a full charge. I have been using my phone all day, the battery meter has 4 bars indicating a healthy charge but when I click on it to open the advanced power display, the advanced display shows the real charge being at %50. anyone have any ideas of how to get the function of my battery meter back? thanks

Dave

try installing the taskbar cab again and unistall it again and soft reset, but this time make sure that the fone is fully charged before u install it and do not plug the fone to charge while installing as this may cause some icons display problems for the battery.

@ grigoris

i found the start menu icons and could change it, and i am making my own taskbar. i was just wandering if anyone knows in which dll lies the other icons, "shellres" is for the start icon and the waiting cursor...

"thres" is for the wifi i think ( definitely not sure abt this one :( ).

i would like to know in which one is the icons for the settings etc...

thnx