Best deal for Touch HD

Guest gazbert

Guest trice1921
I have ordered it from mobiles.co.uk, but was told it is out of stock. They just don't bother to update the stock information on their webpage.

Will wait for a few more days.

I orderd a few days ago when their site said it was in stock. After 2 days of trying to get an answer from them they finally told me that it won't be back in stock until the 12th! Really disapointed at their customer service so far.

Guest mutleyboy

finally heard back from mobiles about the money they owe me.

They have now admitted that it seems they took the money wrongly, but I have to wait a further 3 weeks for the refund.

Really annoyed with them, that will make it nearly 2 months that they will have had £110 of mine unlawfully.

Asked for a contact to complain to and they refused to provide me with one

You might be able to get more company information elsewhere, but here's something:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main/mobiles.co.uk

Company Info for mobiles.co.uk:

Mobiles.co.uk

6 Greenhill Crescent, Watford Business Park, Watford

Herts WD18 8RF,

UNITED KINGDOM

No name though.

You could always write to somebody from The Carphonewarehouse Group instead. They own mobiles.co.uk

finally heard back from mobiles about the money they owe me.

They have now admitted that it seems they took the money wrongly, but I have to wait a further 3 weeks for the refund.

Really annoyed with them, that will make it nearly 2 months that they will have had £110 of mine unlawfully.

Asked for a contact to complain to and they refused to provide me with one

Take it up your credit card issuer. They should refund the transaction and the charges, and then chase merchant for their money.

Guest catnono

Just cancelled my order. I have been with great patience for 2 weeks, but was told to wait for 2 more weeks with no promise.

any company you guys know will get the HD in stock?

Guest trice1921
Just cancelled my order. I have been with great patience for 2 weeks, but was told to wait for 2 more weeks with no promise.

any company you guys know will get the HD in stock?

I've just called them and was told their getting a delivery on Friday and i should have my phone by Monday. Im taking that with a big pinch of salt becuase last week i was told they were getting it Thursday and everyone seems to be getting told different dates. If my phone isn't dispatched on friday i'll be calling them to cancel and look elsewhere.

On the O2 forums someone was told by two O2 stores that O2 will be offering this phone direct from them but i think that's unlikely because it's in competition with the iPhone.

Guest catnono
I've just called them and was told their getting a delivery on Friday and i should have my phone by Monday. Im taking that with a big pinch of salt becuase last week i was told they were getting it Thursday and everyone seems to be getting told different dates. If my phone isn't dispatched on friday i'll be calling them to cancel and look elsewhere.

On the O2 forums someone was told by two O2 stores that O2 will be offering this phone direct from them but i think that's unlikely because it's in competition with the iPhone.

That is the trick they play. I call them a few days ago and was told it is coming on 11th Feb. And when I called them again today, the date has changed to sometimes next weekend. That is it, I lost my faith with them, although they can supply O2 contract

Guest catnono

ordered the hd from buymobilesphones.net yesterday, it arrived this morning. smooth transaction!

Question now, it is included with 3 months free insurance, can I cancel the insurance after 3 months? It says on a paper that I have only 14 days to decide.

I think 14 days is your typical 'cooling off period'. Check the rest of the T&Cs for cancellation instructions. You may find, despite the part saying 14 days, you can cancel whenever you want by simply giving them notice, or cancelling the direct debit.

Edit: From their website -

Following your three months free insurance, premiums will be collected monthly by Direct Debit at £5.99 per month including any IPT and will continue by periods of one month (up to a maximum period of cover of 5 years) upon receipt of your monthly premiums. You can cancel your Direct Debit at any time.

You have a right to cancel the insurance by giving written notice of cancellation within 14 days of the receipt of confirmation of insurance cover to the Citymain Administrators Limited ("the Administrator") at P O Box 116, Ryde, PO33 2WX quoting your mobile phone number. If you do not exercise this right to cancel then your rights and those of the insurer to cancel this insurance cover thereafter are that you may cancel this insurance at any time by giving notice of cancellation, in writing or by telephone, to the Administrator. Cover will terminate immediately on receipt of your cancellation.

Edited by sponge

Guest mutleyboy

finally got my refund from mobiles.co.uk

despite paying with my credit card they have sent me a cheque as a refund so will have to pay it in tomorrow and wait another 3-4 days for it to clear before I have access to the money :(

Guest fatbutcher

I've a HD on order with mobiles.co.uk, been informed its out of stock, despite it showing limited still.

Anyone else managed to find a deal to match?

I'm after ther £35/mth 600 mins/load text deal with free phone.

Maybe Paul should remove the advert that says that they have it in stock!

Guest Neil5459
Only trouble with Orange is they don't offer unlimited data on their plans :(

How much data do you realistically need? New/Upgraded Orange accounts can get 500MB for £5pm now

Guest Chrismobile
How much data do you realistically need? New/Upgraded Orange accounts can get 500MB for £5pm now

Good question.

Google Maps with satellite view can eat up the MB. Youtube? Listening to online radio? (not that I can get any to work on 3G!)

Chris

p.s. I'm (now) on the 500MB, used less than half last month!

Guest fatbutcher
I've a HD on order with mobiles.co.uk, been informed its out of stock, despite it showing limited still.

Anyone else managed to find a deal to match?

I'm after ther £35/mth 600 mins/load text deal with free phone.

Maybe Paul should remove the advert that says that they have it in stock!

Called mobile.co.uk yeasterday to check status and/or cancel my order as I'd had an email about transfering my number, but not one confirming it had been sent. Anyway, they had dispatched it, and got it today!

Just got to decide if I'm gonna keep it now, its got a nice screen, but not very comfortable to use one handed unlike the diamond.

• 2 weeks later...

For the last month my account has been showing the Unlimited SMS as the extra service. I've just checked now and it says

Services: None

B)

Edit:

This just gets better and better. I emailed O2 through their website asking about the bolt-on and got this reply:

Thanks for emailing us about the Bolt On active on your account.

I've carefully checked our records and I'm unable to find that you had called us to add the Unlimited Web Bolt On to your account.

I can see that the free of charge Unlimited text Bolt On was removed from your account on 26 February 2009.

I understand that currently you're not having any Bolt On active on your account.

I've carefully checked your account and can see that your tariff doesn't offer any Bolt On free of charge.

If you want to add the Unlimited Web Bolt On to your account, you can add this Bolt On at a charge of #6.38 (excluding VAT) per month.

If you agree to the above charge for the Bolt On, please reply to this email and I'll be more than happy to add the Bolt On to your account.

Should you need any information on our products and services, please visit our online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Important - When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

So now I have no bolt-on and they want to charge me to add a new one. :(

I just tried calling the magic number and it was answered by the upgrades department. They wouldn't help me and told me to call customer services. I think this might get messy! :P

Edit:

I called 202 and a very nice Scottish lady explained the new bolt-on probably didn't take effect because the tariff is a CPW one. However, she was able to make the change and it should take force within the next 24 hours. Fingers crossed. B)

I just hope my snotty reply to the email I received doesn't #### it up. In hindsight, I probably should have called them first. :(

Edited by sponge

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chrissssssss

I'm currently on T-Mobile and really want the Touch HD so will be moving back to Orange this month. Don't want to spend more than £30/month which puts the phone at £145 with 50 quidco cashback. Is it possible to get better deals by going into an Orange shop or doing it over the phone?

Guest Dale Pearson
I'm currently on T-Mobile and really want the Touch HD so will be moving back to Orange this month. Don't want to spend more than £30/month which puts the phone at £145 with 50 quidco cashback. Is it possible to get better deals by going into an Orange shop or doing it over the phone?

I am in the same situation as you, but I am worried about the data only being 500MB, as I am used to unlimited with T-Mobile.

I have been looking at getting it on 02 with mobiles.co.uk but even though the site says in stock they dont have any.

Also Orange site has been out of stock until recently, and now they are back in has put the prices up.

Guest naturbo2000

I was in a similar situation - been with T-mobile for a while, but wanted a Touch HD. Gave up waiting for T-mobile direct to offer it and got it on a new contract from www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk (£35 for free phone and 1GB web'n'walk). I'm in the process of doing the 3rd party PAYG shuffle to try and keep my number.

Fortunately it would appear that T-mobile locked phones work on Virgin PAYG (presumably because Virgin is a virtual network on T-mobile).

Guest Shuflie
I was in a similar situation - been with T-mobile for a while, but wanted a Touch HD. Gave up waiting for T-mobile direct to offer it and got it on a new contract from www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk (£35 for free phone and 1GB web'n'walk). I'm in the process of doing the 3rd party PAYG shuffle to try and keep my number.

Fortunately it would appear that T-mobile locked phones work on Virgin PAYG (presumably because Virgin is a virtual network on T-mobile).

I think you'll probably find any sim will work in your Touch HD, because you bought a phone that T-mobile don't actually do themselves what you actually get is a fully unlocked and unbranded phone.

Guest spvc500

Just done exactly the same as you! Decided to bite the bullet and get a new contract (Combi 30 - 700mins Unlimited Texts 1Gb WnW) with a new number as the upgrades offered by T-Mobile were rubbish. The guy at mobilephonesdirect was very helpful and the whole transaction took only a few minutes over the phone. Rang 3.00pm Friday got the phone next morning B)

So I'll be using all my texts to let people know my new number :(

Guest naturbo2000
I think you'll probably find any sim will work in your Touch HD, because you bought a phone that T-mobile don't actually do themselves what you actually get is a fully unlocked and unbranded phone.

Yes, the Touch HD is unlocked - I meant that my old T-mobile locked SE W880i works on Virgin whilst I shuffle the number around B)

Lovin' the Touch HD. Lemmings, Transport Tycoon (!) and Scummvm all installed. And I owe an upload of my WVGA PocketMusic skin.