To Hard Reset or not to?

Guest theGeneva

Guest theGeneva

Well, after sorting out the ghost SMS message issue, my phone has become increasingly irritating.

I get buttons that take 20 seconds to respond, touch input that reads the wrong letters - even after resetting it, and text messages that doesnt show up until a big group of them arrive.

As you can imagine, this is doing my head in, so I ask you lovely forum contributors, should I do a hard reset?

If so, can you tell me the best and easiest way of doing so?

Many thanks in advance!

Guest Neil5459

The short answer is Yes :)

Your phone is acting very oddly, maybe as a result of some rogue software. You will need to back up everything you cannot afford to lose via ActiveSync/Outlook for contacts. mails etc, or PIMBackup for SMS, Contacts etc, and copying user files.

Once done, go to Settings/System and tap the Clear Storage item to prompt the Hard Reset.

Guest theGeneva
The short answer is Yes :)

Your phone is acting very oddly, maybe as a result of some rogue software. You will need to back up everything you cannot afford to lose via ActiveSync/Outlook for contacts. mails etc, or PIMBackup for SMS, Contacts etc, and copying user files.

Once done, go to Settings/System and tap the Clear Storage item to prompt the Hard Reset.

Thank you very much Neil!

I have backed up all of my contacts using Jeyo and will finish putting everything else on my memory card before taking the plunge on Saturday.

You have been a great help!